14. Set an otter to kill an otter
9 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Putting on a hoodie and black glasses(perfect disguise) I walk around the neighborhood, meticulously studying the black and white photo I printed on A4 sheet of paper.

The reason why it’s black and white is that our highly advanced school printer doesn’t support color.

But it’s fine, I can discern the location from this more or less.
It’s under a public trashcan, hidden in a plastic storage container. Once, it housed insta coffee, now it’s filled with…

...a lot of cigarette buds. Fucking Grimm!

However, the buds are just a cover. I turn the container upside down and reveal a small plastic sachet hidden within.
It’s half-filled with pinkish grainy substance, and a handwritten piece of paper with the name “Pink Floyd” is plastered on it.

Yikes. No wonder Grimm didn’t want to test it on himself. This shit looks sus.

Anyway, my job here is done.

[Quest…]

Suddenly, I hear sirens behind my back.

[...updated: escape the guards]

There was a whole suka* hiding behind the block!
(*suka here means a large police van)

I quickly pocket the dope and run.

I open the minimap.

[-------]..[-------]..[-------]..[-------]..
[-------]..[-------]..[-------]..[-------]..
[-------]..[-------]1[-------]..[-------]..
[-------]..[-------]..[-------]..[-------]..
[-------]..[-------]..[-------]..[-------]..
[-------]..[-------]..[-------]..[-------]..

As expected, it’s useless, it only shows the main streets.
Fortunately, I know the terrain better than they and I’ve been leveling up the running skill on daily basis lately. I can do it!

Destination: railway trench, they can’t follow me there in a car.

Just as I turn a corner and another corner, navigating the maze of commie blocks, another suka cuts my way.
What is this, suka tea party!?

[Running failed +1 exp]

All door open and 3 uniformed men and one guy in civilian clothes jump out, ready to fight.

[OST: Heroes of Might and Magic 3 Music: Combat 4]

The field between us turns into a grid, and familiar music starts playing.

First is my turn, since I have higher initiative. I move towards the top most opponent, and hit him straight in the face, knocking him down.

Then they….move all at once!? Wtf, that’s cheating. Fucking hackers.

After being pinned down by hackers, they kick me a couple of times in the head and forcefully drag me into the darkness of suka.


[BUSTED]

“Oy citizen, looks like you forgot who’s da boss here”

Said the guy hugging me from the side, like some homo, while the other one was touching me in all kinda places. Finally, he found a tiny plastic bag filled to the brim with thick white powder and smiled, showing off his yellowed teeth in all their majesty.

“Owo what’s this ;3”

“I dunno”

They hit me a couple more times, but I insist I dunno, and they let go.

[Persuation successful]

“Oyyyy look at this debil” screamed the guy doing the search “he doesn’t even have a phone, he was walking around with a printed piece of paper!”

They all laugh like a bunch of dying hyenas. Tbh their laughter is quite contagious, so I join in, too.

...only to get hit again under the ribs.

“So what should we do with you, kid? Bring you to police station, perhaps?”

“I haven’t done anything illegal. By all means, it can be some sugar or something…”

They laugh again. But the guy in civilian clothes winks and says

“The kid has a point. We don’t know what that is...we need to take it...for laboratory testing~~”

[persuation successful +5 exp]

And soon enough, I’m literally dropped out at the parking lot, and the suka drives off towards the local mcDonalds, where several other sukas are already parked.

I get up and spit blood.

“Haha...you don’t know mount Tai when you see it”

I say after making sure they can’t hear me anymore.

Now you wonder, what’s so funny? And why did I get so much exp for persuasion checks before?

Well, that’s because I dropped pink floyd while running earlier, and the stuff they took was a plastic bag filled to the brim with Clorox.

“Hehe...test that, asshole”

[Quest: ‘treasure hunt’ successful! +20 exp]

[Level up!]

1