Chapter 6 – The King’s suspicion
12 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The big door slowly opened, inside is a middle aged man is sitting in one of the two golden chair with majestic design, he’s sitting in the right one in the opposite middle end of the room, the red carpet reached to that end. In the both side of the room, there are fully armored guys in their waist are a sheathed swords lined up until the near of the King I assume, this is a royal castle of course.

The two armored guys at the beginning and at the end of their line holding and raised a blue flag with their royal crest, bird shaped and a two crossed leaves of something in both side of the bird spreading the wings, and below its foot is also crossed sword.

It’s their crest? I think so, that’s what in the shield of the armored guys stopped in front of the door. After those majestic things they’ve done.

“You may enter” said by King sitting in the throne.

The king looked at us, he started from Reg who is first noticeable because of his height and hair color. He have his friendly smile on his face until he looked at me. His smile turned into mixture of disgust and fear.

What in the world did you bring here? the king thought.

He didn’t say a thing and waited until we are in front of him.

The princess walked as she gave us a sign to follow towards in front of the King, and so we followed, as we reached the near front of the King, the princess bowed with her knee on the floor looking at the floor.

Reggie, Ethan, Wendy and Ayame also did the same, I did also but , it’s a bit late, if it wasn’t for Ayame I couldn’t have done it. We lined up in a row, from left is Reggie, Ethan, Wendy, Ayame, and I’m in the right part.

“What do you think you’re doing? Pay attention to your surrounding, we’re on the presence of a King!” Ayame whispered.

The King over heard us, his serious facial expression change a little into a little friendly look.

“You may speak Elize my daughter.” King.

The princess stand up, but 5 of us remained in the bowing position.

“Fathe-, I mean our King, these are the heroes I successfully summoned, shall we begin enlighten them of what is happening?”

Royalties are sure serious people huh? The way they speak is depressing to me. I don’t know if I can say that with a straight face like the princess or the king.

“Before that, I thought there are only 4 heroes are to be summoned, since the last summoning of heroes 100 years ago? No, even since the 1st summoning 2000 years ago. Can I inquire some explanation first Elize?” the King said while he is glaring coldly at me, and he gave a hand gesture to the royal guard that is inside the throne.

The royal guard begun raised their caution against me.

What’s happening, why are they wary in me all of the sudden?

So there has been summoning incident a long time ago too. I wonder if it’s true or only their legends, if they say so, then maybe? By the way, it really seems like we got summoned in another world I think? Yeah, it’s pretty obvious but I hardly believe it.

What the heck, it makes me really excited! Adventures, magic, swordsmanship, killing monsters, exploring undiscovered labyrinth and places, can I ask for more? I wonder if a thing or two exist here, and why only 4 heroes though?

“I am sorry father, but I too don’t know myself why a 5 of them where summoned. But, do you think the cause of this is the failure of my deceased mother’s summoning, Your highness?”

Deceased mother? Does she mean a life is sacrificed before you can summon? She died while summoning? Or was she assassinated? Failed she say, I don’t really get it . Anyway I think this is getting a little messed up.

The king stay silent for a second, he seems like thinking about something.

“We’re not sure of it yet so, let’s leave as it is for now, I’ll order a sage magic researcher later to investigate this matter.” King, “Don’t you think this is stepping out of line Elize? Bringing a demon folk inside our castle.”

The royal guards moved surrounding the 5 of us, but the other 4 were moved by the guard shortly after what the king said.

Huh, wha! ?

I was shocked at what the king said. Being called a demon-folk when I’m not even one. I nearly stand up to reply to the king, but Princess Elize saw me and gestured to something like “ stop, let me handle this.” with a happy smile and a angered smile.

Reg and Ethan didn’t put a show to care about me, while the 2 girls have looking worried about me. They just didn’t say anything because the princess also stopped them.

“I dare to say that he is not a demon-folk father, he have been already assessed by me.” the princess quickly replied to the king, she was furious to the allegation.

"I was the one who summoned and witnessed them appear. I assure nobody would sabotage my Summoning." She added.

Asses me what? What asses?Is that some kind of magic?

The king calmed down a little and he gestured the royal guard to get back to their position.

“Very well, if you say so my daughter, then I’ll leave it to you. You will be held responsible if the demon-folk looking guy cause a chaos in our kingdom. Do you agree with that?”

"Yes our king, I promise."

She easily trusted her daughter. What if I am really a demon-folk!? Does he have a daughter complex?

I have no idea why am I being labeled as a demon-folk.

So, if magic really exist here, this is really another world. It's already obvious from the summoning thing. I wonder what do the others also think about this?

I slightly tilted my head to peek at the others reaction, they are shaking like crazy. Are they afraid? Oh shaken by excitement? No! They are really shaken by excitement, it maybe not so obvious in they’re action but it is drawn in their faces. They are like a child that been permitted to run wild outside their house! They really look like more excited than I am also the girls worried look about me earlier have been brush off their faces. Still I am in a little pinch you know!?

2