Chapter 2; the excitement of a Battle Junkie
292 9 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*BANN!*

A loud dry sound reverberated the whole area, the other goblins crouched down as they shuddered from the loud erupting sound and covered their ears. But for me, a loud *bing* The sound was heard after the thrilling dry noise.

In front of me was their goblin leader, his head was blown apart from his neck. I didn’t experience recoil nor feel that the gun had shot itself, it was like an airsoft gun. However, it’s real. Real bullets that could easily kill an opponent. Additionally, the bullets feel off, they shouldn’t be able to destroy the entire face but only put holes. But I didn’t question it.

It was only a carnage to those weakest prey. 

I trembled… Not in fear nor guilt, but excitement. This feeling, the pleasure of tormenting your enemies as you go for the win. I don’t know how to react, I look at the other goblins. There are only monsters, right? It should be fine right?

I aimed at them as I turned a switch to make it fully auto, and pulled the trigger. 

*BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN*

The dry sounds that seem to break the air were made, it repeated as if a broken video, in front of me was a massacre. They let out a cry but I didn’t mind them and continued to mow them down. Once the magazine is empty, I unlock it and don't mind the empty magazine that has fallen on the ground. I aim and shoot once more.

However, before I knew it, the goblins had already fallen to their demise. No one was alive but I still have 170 bullets stored and 13 in my current gun. If I were to hit all of them, there should be 47 goblins. Looking at the map for safety reasons, the dots that had been red were now colored gray.

I assume it was a dead mark target. In front of me was nothing but a deep colored red. The blood surrounding me finally invades my nose and registers in my head. I was breathing heavily before I knew it, the smell was bearable or at least it was to me.

I calmed and recovered myself while standing in front of the corpses. When forcing myself to be guilty of what I had done, it immediately fades. And for my defense’s sake, I am not a sadistic type. I am the only person who gets excited about battles. I am somewhat a battle-addict person.

That’s why I play airsoft to satisfy my hunger for battle. In any case, another window pops up in the thin air.

The horde has ended.

!MAGNIFICENT DISPLAY! !REMARKABLE PLAY!

Damage dealt [RANK +SS] | Damage Received [RANK +SS] | Overall Score [100% +SS]

Your rewards:
Everlasting Guide [This item allows the user to understand the Genesis World]
2,000 Lyx Gold [Oh~ Gold! Gold! You’re rich!]

Character Switcher Lv. 1 [A unique skill that allows you to switch instantly!]
System Reward Bonus:
10% Card requirements reduction  [Allows the user’s card requirement to decrease permanently]

>Receive<

It was an anti-climatic battle, yet bloody at the same time. I should be lucky that the blood didn’t splatter in my clothes if it was. I’m sure I’m going to smell bad. Before receiving the contents of the reward, I decided to change my surroundings first. 

And so, I walk through the pool of blood and towards the ground floor without encountering an enemy. For argument sake, I still seek for bloodshed or perhaps just extremely cautious around me.

Blood and death? I had seen that many times. A will to kill? I had already done that, it wasn’t for random reasons and purposes. It’s only for my half-sister who almost got raped. Of course, I showed him what a demon looks like before he died, and it was also the same time that I felt satisfied. 

When I arrived at the ground floor, I noticed on the way that I was in a hotel building. I will have to scavenge this building for food and water, or I hope so. Looking around here, there was nothing but debris and walls covered with moss and vines, shattered glasses here and there, that being the case, this building and its surroundings has been abandoned for many years

I came to the reception desk and checked the registrar if there was money in it. But unfortunately, there was none. Putting the greediness aside, I put the pistol on my leg holster and proceed to receive the reward.

At first, I didn’t know how to receive it, so I tried speaking a keyword rather than wasting movements. 

“Receive Rewards” Saying so, the window in front of me melted into shadows and naturally disappeared.

Then a small box floating in front of me appeared in the thin air, it was warped by a color red ribbon as if it was a gift. Surely enough, this logical reason had said that this isn’t earth anymore. Although, I still questioned myself, where am I then? Even if it's a game, I would have known this game or even just a name. Well, either way. I have to----. Actually no.

I won’t return.

That so-called world “earth” was boring for a battle junkie like me. In this world, I assume there would be life and death situations and that’s how I like it. The airsoft games won’t satisfy my hunger for battle since I have tasted this sweet win. But in this, I can.

After deciding which is the best goal, for now, I decided to live in this world while grinding up levels, and of course, I have to find the reasons why I’m here or how I even arrived here. So I could be certain that no one can take control of me nor force me to log out(die).

I grabbed the floating box, there was no weight. Opening the lid, I saw the contents of it, there was a book, ragged clothes which I presume it has Lyx Coins, a scroll and a card. First, I touched the card and all of a sudden, it turned into light particles and came to me. 

「10% Card requirement reduction acquired」

I see. So that’s how it is. Next, I touched the scroll and had the same reaction.

「You have acquired a unique skill [character switcher LV.1] 」

Next to the Lyx gold coin.

「You have acquired a 2000 Lyx Gold coin. 」

I noticed that there was a small change in my map, under the map. I could see the money I have with me. I proceeded to the next one, the book was the same or so I thought it should be. However, the particles came to my mind and gave me an unbearable headache. 

I fell hard to the ground before I knew it, my body went to numb and my thoughts were screaming. The pain that made my mind split, it was painful but I couldn’t let a scream. Unconsciously holding my head tightly, I wish for it to stop, however, without letting me know, I feel to the world of darkness.

8