Chapter 26
75 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"There's our hardworking roommate who almost never has time to just hang out with us!" As Timothy was memorizing the movements for the movement technique he just received, Andrew and Ian were standing outside of their building waiting for him and of course it was Andrew who called him out so bluntly. "Now that you also earned your new uniform, we have to go celebrate like I said we would every time all of us advanced!"

During these two and a half years, all three teenagers would become much closer and now that he was a bit older, Ian's original shy and quiet personality shifted. This was not just from getting older, but he would be the one to accompany Andrew in all of his shenanigans. This did not stop him from his studies though, and it was actually surprising to even Timothy but Ian upon becoming a rank two mage was put in the high class of the second year class.

The reasoning was not just for his innate talent and potential which although considered average, was still rather high all considering, but because of him being a genuine bookworm! Whether it was technique scrolls, historical events, among any other topics having to do with wind element mages, Ian would council the other students which in turn made him very popular among the classmates who were lower tier.

Truth be told, the teachers of the academy would almost never have time for one on one training sessions with students, so Ian in a way filling that gap made some of the teachers feel less pressure and some even received a nice yearly bonus since more students in the wind element class were able to get through bottlenecks and advance at a faster pace. Therefore, it was only proper for them to ask the Dean of Grey Imperial Academy to place him accordingly.

"My father finally sent over a letter and included was a bigger allowance specifically so that us three could celebrate tonight in peace over a nice dinner. If it wasn't for me begging him to send some extra funds, chances are he wouldn't have but as you know, my fourteenth birthday is coming up soon so I had the leverage! Oh that reminds me, he made a point in telling me that if I embarrass him in any way, that he would disown me and I would have to earn my own way using my own means of making money. Could you believe him?"

Both Timothy and Ian laughed very loudly before the trio decided to head out into the city. Andrew was given special permission from one of the teachers responsible for the academy's security team so none of them had to worry about the curfew which almost all of the students had to follow. To celebrate properly, Andrew decided to treat them to a meal in the Flying Fish Restaurant which was a very high end place that only commoners with good enough backgrounds were able to go to once in a while.

The Flying Fish Restaurant was an extension of the Flying Sword Clan who was a top five power within the city which was why it was always packed but only with those who were able to get in their reservations in time sometimes over one week ahead of time even if it was a low ranking noble. However, there were still several places where higher tier experts would head out to regularly so Andrew landing a reservation in the time frame that he did was not too unexpected given his own background.

For merchant groups such as the Rising Tides Merchant Group, such places always reserved one or two tables since it would not be favorable for the Flying Sword Clan to have to turn away influential travelers. It was still lucky for Andrew that he was able to use one of those tables, and he understood that he would have to send a small gift over to one of the young lords of the Flying Sword Clan to give them face for doing this for him.

By now, Timothy was used to seeing all the lights and bustling crowds of Willow City since this would not be the first time he accompanied his two brothers and the artifact was indifferent since the city looked too poor in its opinion compared to the dynasties it was able to witness elsewhere. Arriving an hour after the restaurant opened up, the trio quickly were shown to their seats at a table which was considered to be more on the private side of the building for only VIP visitors to use.

Looking around, the trio spotted several famous commoners who were all rank six and one rank seven as well as some not as strong but influential figures as well as some young teenagers from different noble families. As Andrew was ordering for all three of them, Timothy noticed that another group of three at a table not too far away from theirs were glaring at their table. Timothy quickly gestured for Ian to look over to see if he could figure out why they were glaring at them but once Ian saw, his face went from excitement to fury.

"So birds of the same feather truly flock together. Andrew get a look of that table over there. If I am not mistaken, isn't that the young master of the Thunder God Merchant Group, the direct rival of your father? If so, that explains why that girl chose to associate herself with him because she is from a rival family of mine and she is probably doing this so that it would cause us future troubles!" Ian said under his breath but loud enough for only Timothy and Andrew to hear.

"I can recognize that guy anywhere but this is actually great for us because if we can figure out a way to cause trouble for them, we may be able to pull them both down!" Andrew was also furious as he slapped the table hard enough for the inscriptions to activate, which was in place for the table to not break down by such a strike to it. "Ian you do not have to worry my brother, from what you mentioned a year back or so, only her grandfather has a very high position within the military while both your grandfather and father have similar positions. Even if I just push a little bit, such a rough foundation is surely able to collapse!"

4