8 – Rate up is a lie! Don’t spook me, dang it!
5.1k 49 173
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Rate Up: Stat Up Items]

A banner filled with nothing but consumables that increased stats.

Not all of them were listed, obviously. But from the featured items, that system was clearly screwing with me.

-VI|IV-

[UR - Competence]
A special divine elixir. Increases talent and growth speed of all attributes by ten times.

[UR - Body Tempering Pill]
A mystical medicine from the Three Realms. Forcibly reconstructs physique to improve strength.

[SR - Metaverse Protein Powder]
The ideal protein powder. Guarantees muscle gains. Effective for one week.

[SR - Macho Nachos]
Food cooked by a divine being that fulfills the male fantasy. Improves masculinity and optimize puberty gains to become a true manly man.

-VI|IV-

I sat up in my bed and glared at the screen. "You freaking system... You know exactly what I want, don't you?"

This wasn't a banner earlier. Before, it was nothing but random VTuber equipment and skills that a VTuber could use. But now...

All of them were items that could solve my problem of looking like a chick. If I got even one of those, I could fix my problem.

...The last one seemed suspicious, but the first three at least looked promising.

But that required me being able to pull them from the gacha.

I glanced at my gacha currency... I mean, at my achievement points.

From my streaming and various quests... It somehow came out to 3000.

And for a ten summon with a guaranteed 'SR' item...

"3000 achievement points each? Dammit...!"

I glared at the screen.

It was the age old gacha dilemma.

Pull ten times for the guaranteed SR? Or do single pulls?

On one hand, the ten pull guaranteed an SR. But at the same time, it guaranteed that I used up all my achievement points.

On the other hand, single pulls meant that I could stop if I got lucky. But I ran the risk of not getting anything at all...

"Argh! Why do you have to do this? #$@$$#@ gods! You *know* I was a gacha addict!"

Why couldn't it just be a shop? I didn't care if it would be 30000 achievement points or something, but a guarantee would have been perfect.

Of course the System was set up to be for their optimal entertainment apparently...

[Note: VIMS is designed to provide the user with the ability to create quality entertainment content.]

"And this freaking system must be a sentient AI with how often it's trolling me."

I groaned and then glanced at my phone again, checking the time.

6 PM. Evening. Three hours before my bed time, meaning I had three hours to kill.

It was either gacha and pray I got something good to help me fulfill my ideal body... or mess around with the streaming equipment and wrack my head on how to stream as Azura Stellaris without dying of cringe.

So gacha it was.

"Alright, VIMS. I'll play your game." I leaned over and started to press the ten summon button... and then I paused. "Wait."

If I was going to bank everything on this pull...

"To the bathroom we go."

The ritual summon on top of the porcelain bowl, guaranteed to increase your luck by an entire rank.

Probably.

I sat down on the toilet and held out my phone, staring at the summon banner. "This better work. I swear to god, if I don't get anything good..."

I reached out to tap the button, my heart racing.

[Are you sure you want to do a 10x pull? 3000 Achievement points will be consumed.]

"Yes I want to do a ten pull! Just give me my items already!" I tapped the confirm button... and then it began.

The screen faded to black. At the same time, an animation began to play.

Cracks formed across the screen... Well, not actually. It was just part of the summoning animation.

But it was surprisingly high budget. For a second there, I thought it might be real.

And then the black screen changed, showing an animation behind the cracks.

A... concert? With a bunch of idols, and-

"Wait." I suddenly had a bad feeling. "No way. This isn't... You're trolling me, right?"

The banner was 'Stat Up Items.' And the featured items were things related to growing muscles or increasing physical strength.

But...

My thumb hovered over the skip button, wondering whether or not my intuition was right and to spare me the agony of waiting...

"...Nah." I pulled my thumb back. "This system is all about idols, right? Yeah, that's right. That's why the summon animation shows a concert."

I nodded.

Right. So I was fine.

Relaxed, I leaned back to watch the animation play out.

A short clip, a brief dance, and then rainbow fireworks at the end.

I grinned and leaned forward.

Rainbow fireworks... that had to mean I got something good, right?

The animation froze, static cutting across the screen. And then when it cleared...

-VI|IV-

[UR: Shimmering Smiling Story]
A crystallization of the ideal pursued by a man who had his dreams crushed by reality. The ever distant utopia that he will never reach but continues to seek despite the impossibility.

Using this item will grant the user all the requisite skills to be a perfect idol as well as maximize feminine charm.

-VI|IV-

"@#$%@! No! This bull#%#@ luck again!"

It was good, but it was bad. It was good because I got the highest rarity I could get from the pull... but come the freak on! I'd take even a rare item if it helped me gain muscle! Just give me that, not some crazy destiny changing thing that I won't use!

"Argh... There's no way, right?" I tapped on the screen to go to the next item. "There's absolutely no way that I keep getting idol related things, right? I mean, there *has* to be more stuff than th-"

Another concert scene. But this was different. Instead of the traditional idol concert, this one looked like a KPop music video.

Girls in black leather, sexy dance moves... finishing with another burst of rainbow fireworks.

-VI|IV-

[UR - Black and Pink Charm]
Seductive, charming, beautiful, and the movements to emphasize each of those aspects. Using this item turns the user into the perfect Femme Fatale, able to win over and charm any man with a casual glance.

-VI|IV-

"$#%#%@! STOP THAT!"

Freaking... I didn't want to be an idol, dammit! Especially one that will have men tripping head over heels for me!

"%#@% off and give me something useful!"

I mashed the skip button to just go through the rest of the roll. I knew that was bad luck and a big no-no in gacha etiquette, but goddammit I was not about to sit there and get pissed off again by more idol related items!

[R - Idol Basics x3]
[R - VTuber Basics x3]
[SR - Ladykiller]
[UR - The Man, the Myth, the Legend]

"...Eh?"

173