9 – Sometimes, it takes a real man to become best girl.
5.4k 50 166
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The rare items were self-explanatory, so I ignored them. Instead, I checked the descriptions of the SR and the UR I got.

-VI|IV-

[SR - Ladykiller]

Got a problem dealing with women? Unable to draw their attention? Worry no more! Our patented pheromone technology will ensure you draw the eyes of every female you meet and rack up all the affection points!

Warning: HVG is not liable for any side-effects or damages that may result through using this item. User accepts that unforeseen circumstances may arise.

This product is offered on an AS-IS basis and does not contain a warranty of fitness.

You agree to indemnify HVG should damages arise as a result.

You agree that any claims are to be brought in the jurisdiction of SH and that the United Transcendent Council will serve as binding arbitration, with a maximum reward of 10000 achievement points.

Claims must be brought within 30 days of use and filed through mail with verified tracking.

-VI|IV-

"...What the hell?" I blinked at the long and legalese description. "...Isn't this super dangerous to use?"

All the other items had a typical description and flavor text, but this one sounded like an advert... Complete with the disclaimers. No, those were terms of use, weren't they?

I frowned and carefully stared at the item icon. "Ladykiller, huh...?"

It was an ordinary looking deodorant spray bottle. And from the fact that it said it used pheromone technology, it looked like I'd just have to spray it in order to make it work. But...

"...Yeah, too sketchy."

It was true that I'd like to get a girlfriend, and it was also true that it was hard to not get anyone who wasn't a weirdo since I looked like a cute girl and had a feminine voice... but I sensed danger from that spray bottle.

Maybe I'd let Ren try it out first. Yeah, that was a good idea.

I nodded and then checked out the other item.

Unlike the Ladykiller thing that looked like something you could pick up at a supermarket, this one looked like something straight from a game... is what I would have like to say.

But it was just a shiny holographic playing card with a blue frame.

Still, since it was an UR it had to be good, right?

-VI|IV-

[UR - The Man, the Myth, the Legend]
The long awaited return of someone lost to history. Talent unparalleled. Strength immeasurable. The crystallization of that person's triumphant return is stored within this item.

Once per day, the user can do one of three things:

1. Transform into an ideal form with an identity guaranteed by the VIMS system.

2. Allows the user to perform a feat worthy of becoming a myth.

3. Replicate the abilities of a person that has received widespread recognition for a day.

-VI|IV-

"Ooh!" I jumped out of my bed and tapped on my phone. "Finally!"

An ideal form, a mythical feat, or copying a legend's abilities... This was it. The 'cheat' that I was waiting for that could actually let me do cool stuff instead of being shoehorned into being a VTuber idol!

I quickly opened the inventory menu and clicked on the icon for [The Man, the Myth, the Legend]. The moment I did, a floating holographic blue card popped out from my phone.

"Weird..."

It was one thing knowing that the inventory would do something like that, but seeing it...

"Whatever. What matters is that it works." I nodded and then grabbed the card floating over my phone.

For a split second, I thought it wouldn't work. My finger started to phase through the card. But then I managed to grab it, holding it in my hand.

"So this is the big prize, huh?" I held it up to the light and stared at the card.

It shimmered, revealing a blank face. A clean blue sheet that looked more like a mirror than anything else. But as I tilted the card, I could see something inside of it.

Kind of like those holographic drawings where it changed images when you walked past.

At first, the card was empty. But then it showed a picture of a silhouetted figure, a cup, and then a shooting star.

...Not sure what it all meant, but it wasn't too important. No, the most important part was...

"How the heck do I use this?"

I tilted the card again, wondering if I had to break it or something. But then a blue window popped up in front of me.

[Note: Do you wish to consume <UR The Man, the Myth, the Legend>?]

...That was some weird wording... but yes. I wanted to use it.

[Note: Confirmed.]

Blue light flashed... and then the card in my hand caught fire.

"@#$%!" I cursed and tried flinging it away, but the card and the flames stuck to my hand. "#@$@#$! What kind of #$@$@#$ card is this?! @#$@! It's hot! @#$@!"

I tossed my phone on my bed and then ran over to the bathroom to get some water. But before I took two steps, the flame and the heat vanished. At the same time-

[Note: You have assimilated <UR - The Man, the Myth, the Legend>. To utilize your new item, please envision a card forming in your hand as well as your desired usage. To activate, simply crush the card.]

"...There's a lot I gotta say there, but forget that. Let's try this out."

I did what the system said and imagined the card in my hand. Almost immediately, a shimmering blue card appeared.

As for the use...

I didn't care about the mythical feat or the skills right now. No, the first use said it would let me turn into an ideal form. And in that case...

"Let's go!" I grinned and crushed the card. "We're going out to town tonight!"

The sound of shattering glass. With it, flames wreathed my body. But unlike before, it wasn't hot. Instead, it felt cool. Cold.

I closed my eyes, feeling changes happen to my body. I felt myself get taller. My muscles grew, turning dense. My face tingled, no doubt changing to be the perfect masculine form. My chest tensed, chiseled into sharp pecs- Wait. Why did they suddenly feel heavy-

No.

I opened my eyes and then ran to the bathroom. "No, no, no. You're #$@@ing with me!"

My center of balance was off. At the same time, my already feminine voice sounded even lighter. Softer, more delicate.

I kicked the door to the bathroom open, pointedly avoiding looking down at my chest.

But then I saw it.

There, in the bathroom mirror...

"@#$@#$! I GOT SCAMMED!"

...Was a drop dead beauty with a D-cup chest, extreme curves, silky black curled hair, and smoldering eyes with bright green irises.

"Turn me back!" I flung my hand out and screamed. "Turn me back!"

[Note: Once used, <The Man, the myth, the legend> may not be deactivated until 24 hours pass.]

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN 24 HOURS?! @#$@! SCAM! SCAMMER!"

A hysterical but melodic voice echoed in the bathroom. But hearing that only made me panic more.

I screamed and ran back to my room.

There had to be a way to fix this. Gacha got me into this mess, so it could get me out, right?

And I didn't have any achievement points, but if I traded some of my money and if I streamed some more...

Yeah. That could work. I just had to make sure that I stayed locked up for 24 hours and that I didn't meet anyone I knew until I turned back to normal.

Right. So then-

A knock at the door. Shortly after that, a familiar male voice called out. Ren's. "Hey, Kimura-san! I got that imported protein powder you wanted!"

@#$@! I SWEAR TO GOD, YOU @#$@#@! WHEN I FIND OUT WHO'S DOING THIS, I'M GOING TO $@#$@! %$#%@#! %$#@$@#$@#%@#$!

166