(1) End of the Line
897 17 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead and rotten, either write things worth reading or do things worth the writing" - Benjamin Frankiln

“*coff**coff* Dammit, so this is the end of the line for me huh…”

A teenager is lying on a street where all that is visible is destroyed cars, buildings, and piles of corpses being burned.

“That dammed Mexico. If they didn’t try to do that idiotic plan of conquering the world with a modified virus, nothing of this would have happened...”

It is the year 2039, and it is currently what is called Doomsday.

After 2022 the pandemic was over, but Mexico worked on modifying the virus so they can control all the world, it was a stupid but simple idea, the virus would allow for a control room to manipulate people’s minds, and it was finished after 1 year, Mexico secretly released the virus all over the world, after 5 years the whole world was under their control, but something unexpected happened after 2 years, some side effects were kind of uncommon but the sight of these sides effects was starting to rise, 3 years later it happened, the virus went out of control, it mutated rapidly and the control room had no control over it any longer, bunkers were more frequent and whole communities would share these bunkers.

People infected with the mutated virus would have either one of these three effects, insanity and high murdering tendencies, instant death by brain failure, or their organs would become cancerogenic and the host would suffer from a high amount of pain. It was unlikely for the host to live for more than 3 months.

“And I thankfully or unthankful I am the later, *coff*”

“I’m sorry everyone, I couldn’t protect you….”

“But, I had a very fun life. That is something I can’t deny.”

I, Asher Smith, am a “Mutated”, when the modified virus first began, 1 in a million women that were pregnant gave birth to Mutated children, not all mutations were bad, some received slightly superhuman traits like stronger bodies or simply became smarter, some also had physical changes like me, I have a left blue eye and right red eye, on the left side of my hair was red and the right side was blue, I also got a slightly better mind than most. But there is something we all have in common, we are more resistant to the mutated virus and mind control, this caused many rebellions before Doomsday, and for communities to rely on us to scavage in the cities in the frequent era.

“Yet here I am, 5 months after I got infected by the mutated virus. I’m dying slowly and painfully, still unable to change the unavoidable; death”

“If there is an afterlife, I just hope I can have a happy and fun life there too….”

“I wonder if you would be there too…. I pray so that we can love each other as much as we did in this world”

The teenager, Asher, closes his eyes as he takes his last breath on this world, and after 6 years of hardship his body finally rest”

But…

“Huh?”

Asher stands up quickly, as he looks around confused as to what is happening.

“Wait, my body is completely fine?”

Asher looks at his body which a few seconds before was in a much worse state, he then looks up to see what appears to be outer space, with no planet or sun visible.

“Hello, I understand that you must be very confused as to what is happening, but we still have to make a very selfish request”

18