(2) A Selfish Request
654 6 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
"The way to see faith is to shut the eye of reason"- Benjamin Franklin

“Huh?”

Asher turns around and sees five eye-catching people. A young-looking man with glasses and a robe that looks like it's made from outer space itself. A woman that wears a beautiful dress that looks to be made out of pure light. An old man wearing sandals made out of water and plain shorts and a t-shirt made out of clouds. A feminine figure that is covered by a black cloak and has a scythe on her back. And finally, a big man that wears shining knight-like armor.

‘I'm pretty sure I didn't see them there before, no before that, are they cosplayers? no, the clothes they wear and the place we are in seems too abnormal for that, could it be…?’

“I'm sorry to ask but, is this the afterlife?”

The old man responds with a calm and composed voice

“No, well, not entirely, we extracted your soul from your original planet so we could ask you to save our world”

Asher starts thinking and ends up asking what was on his mind

“What do you need me to do? What do I get out of this? What happens if I refuse? Why did you choose me? and who are you?”

The old man clears his throat and says

“What we need you to do is to be reborn on our world and train as much as you can, then you will have to kill a special demon that will appear in a few years”

The young man readjusts his glasses and says

“You get to be reborn as any living being as you want, you can have any ability you want as long as is between our power, once you kill that demon you will live a life of luxury as a hero, what follows is up to you”

The woman then gives a bright smile and says

“If you refuse you will follow the reincarnation circle as if nothing had happened”

The person with a cloak scoffs and says with a disinterested and rasped voice

“ We selected you simply because you had a high compatibility with our world, meaning we can give you a stronger ability and you also have a stronger talent than most”

The knight makes a heartful laugh and says

“ As for who we are, we are gods, the Five Major Gods to be precise, the elder is Haneul the God of the Sky and Sea, the lady over here is Agider the Goddess of Light and life, Mr glasses is Tyet the God of Knowledge and Magic, the weirdo over there is Marat the Goddess of the Afterlife and Reincarnation, and the handsome me is Dike the God of Law and Justice!”

Asher puts his right hand on his chin and takes all the information in.

“okay… in case I were to accept, may I know what my mission would be exactly?”

Dike takes a step forward and strengthened his back in a military-like manner, he then answers with a confident and excited voice

“ We would send you to our world, Mor, we will reincarnate you as any living being you want as long as it is not a monster, you will have 16 years to train in order to prepare for the coming of a very special demon, the demon king, we would like to kill it ourselves but the actions we can do in that world are very limited, but we will try to aid you however we can”

Asher who was listening very intently suddenly sighs and says his answer in a very carefree manner

“ I'm dead anyway, I will take this second opportunity, it sounds as it will be a fun and exciting adventure”

Asher then falls deep in thought and then he put on a satisfied face

“ Do the people on Mor also have abilities? Is there magic in that world?”

Mr.glas- Tyet, nods and says proudly

“ Mor is a world full of magic and there are people with unique abilities too”

“ You said I could have any ability I wanted, does it mean I can have the ability to steal or copy other people's abilities?”

The gods seem taken back but quickly recompose, Tyet then clears his throat

“Of course, such an ability is between our power to give”

“That is good to hear, then I wish to reincarnate as a hu-”

Asher suddenly stops and remembers his past life and his eyes filled with confidence

“ I want to be reborn as a virus”

The gods flinch and Hanuel steps forward and asks

“ Are you sure you want to reincarnate as that? we can reincarnate you as an elf, they can live for hun-”

“ Yes, or is it impossible to be that?”
“ No, it certainly is possible but…. *sigh* fine we will see what we can do”

Marat walks up to Asher and puts her hand on his head

“With this all preparations are complete, we will now modify your soul, when you wake up you will be on Mor, we will see again once you die or kill the demon king”

And with that everything goes black for Asher.

The five gods are surrounding a ball of light, Asher’s soul, but then Argider speaks up

“I'm having second thoughts on this, what if ‘that’ happens again?”

Marat gets annoyed and scoffs at her

“ And what do you want us to do? what is done is done, we can't undo the modifications on his soul now, and we cannot keep his soul here, all we can do is send him to Mor and hope ‘that’ doesn't happen again”

“ How about we curse his soul then? just enough to make sure ‘that’ doesn't happen? mortals cannot undo curses made by gods after all”

But before the conversation can keep going a young man appears, making all 5 gods turn their heads in his direction, while the gods are silently staring at him Haneul is the only one to speak up

“ Jagdees… what brings the god of systems and technology here?”

Jagdees the God of Systems and Technology, appears to be a young man wearing a black sweater, black sweatpants, tennis, grey hat, and headphones on his neck, he also has visible bangs on his eyes with very messy hair, makes a playful smile and responds on an exaggerated manner

“ho? me? I was just passing by but happened to see you extracting a soul from Earth and thought ‘that seems interesting' and decided to participate in the fun, so, how about you let me make a special system for him? it would be of mutual benefit, it would help him defeat the demon king and it will help me experiment and upgrade the current system of Mor”

“ This has nothi-”

“ Of course but under one condition”

Argider was about to refuse Jagdees offer but was interrupted by Haneul, as he thought that Jagdees has done many things for Mor and that he could also help keep Asher under control

“ And what would that condition be ?’

“ You have to use the system to modify the curse to avoid Asher becoming a bigger threat than the demon king and becoming like ‘Her’ “

“Deal”

Jagdees places his finger on asher soul who started vibrating and a few seconds later stabilized himself

Marat then picks Asher up and says in a monotone voice

“With this, all preparations are done, Asher will be sent to Mor now”

She then drops Asher, and all gods contemplate as Asher falls on a planet with only 3 continents, Mor.

“ Don't worry sister, your revival is close”

Jagdees says under his breath, but the major gods didn't get to hear this. The idea of Jagdees betraying them never crossed the major gods' mind, much less the fact that he put a portion of Slipshod the Goddess of Plague soul on the system, this would come back and bite them later, but that is a story for much later, for now, this story is about the adventures of Asher and the hardships he has to overcome.

Here is the second chapter, equally as bad as the last but longer! If you haven´t noticed, the first chapter was on first point of view but this chapter was on third point of view, also, some of the names have a meaning, that meaning has to do with either their personality or what they govern over,

Spoiler

hoh! before i forget, this story will be divided into 3 seasons. Season 1 : Lucy. Season 2 : Demo king and the Heroes. Season 3: The War Against of the Heavens

[collapse]

17