A Fragment of the Past and Mike’s Worries
335 7 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
"Demons are like obedient dogs; they come when they are called" ~ Remy de Gourmont

-Once upon a time-

How old was I at that time? I guess I was around 8, just a kid without knowledge of how harsh and cruel life is, yet I was forced to wake up from my little bubble of ignorance.

It was just an ordinary day, my parents took my sister Ruby and me to an amusement park to celebrate my sister’s fifth birthday, when we came out it was already dark but my father liked the cold and darkness and decided to take us to a park near our home as the last stop, but as we were walking a man on a dark cloak with a hood grabbed my mother from behind and pointed a pistol against her neck.

I still remember how I held my sister as she cried softly on my chest, even though she didn't know what was happening she was scared, probably because of how my parents were reacting and how angry the man was. My father tried to convince the man to lower his gun and gave him his wallet, the man pushed my mother to my father but perhaps unintentionally he pulled the trigger, the image of her head being pierced by the bullet is very vivid on my mind, but the man didn’t even hesitate on running away.

I don't really know what happened afterward, I remember that my mother’s family blamed my father for her death, and nobody would even listen to me for being just 8 years old. I think it is a miracle that my sister and I didn't end up with a big trauma after that, in fact, we were stronger than our father because after just a couple of months he killed himself, apparently, he couldn't stand the memory of her death.

After that my sister and I went to live with our grandparents on my mother's side. they were a kind and caring family, they even helped Ruby get over our parents' loss, after all, there was a limit to what a kid her age could withstand, I on the other hand decided to become stronger for her in our parents' place, I pushed down any negative memories of the event and always smiled to her, I hoped that she could forget about everything and live an ordinary life.

But that didn't last long. When I was 11 and the virus had just become a pandemic, I had just returned from my school. I remember entering the house and hearing my sister's cries along with a man's patting. I worriedly ran upstairs to her room and what I saw became my darkest memory, a memory completely locked inside my mind.

But I didn't just stand there, I looked around to see what I could use to throw or hit him with, and then I saw it, a handgun, but not just any handgun, it had three stars painted on it, one silver another golden and finally one light blue, it was the same gun that my mother killed had, then my mind went blank, I grabbed the gun and pointed it at the man from my nightmares, the source of my suffering, and I didn't even hesitate to pull the trigger.

The police came because of the noise from the gunshot, and what they found was two dead elderly who had their throat cut by a kitchen knife on their own rooms, a dead body on a girls bed and a boy crying over a naked girl’s body, after the ambulance arrived they found that she died by the newly mutated virus. Apparently, the man was infected by it and became insane, during that time he broke into our house, and ended up infecting my sister, whose body couldn't withstand that virus. 

After that I……

 -The present, on the office of the Crest Family Head - 

A door was suddenly opened with a lot of strength, and through it entered a man that was patting like he just ran a complete marathon

“Lord! We just found the dead bodies of Miss Lucy’s guards in the forest.”

The man that entered gave the news to the Lord, Lucy's father, and upon hearing that he stood up from his desk even letting the papers fly from the force.

“What!? What happened to Lucy? Is she still alive?”

“We don't know Lord, we just found the bodies, they were covered on many arrows”

“Then that should mean she got kidnapped! send a search team quickly, I will join as well”

The man began to sweat with a pale face as he felt the murderous aura that surrounded the Lord, yet he had to gather all his courage and finish telling the report

“We were going to send a search team but we found a wolf nearby, it was holding a letter, upon reading its content we decided to wait for your command”

The man took a letter from his pocket and gives it to Lucy’s father, inside were a paper sheet and a piece of a map of the forest near the Crest Family, it had a specific point circled with what seems to be blood. 

[ Lucy is alive if you wish to see her again come to this location]

Lucy's father, Mike Crest, analyzed the letter for a few seconds until giving his command

“ Gatter a few medium rank, we will go there and kill whoever dared to touch my daughter”

The man gulped and prayed that the Lord wouldn't cast any advanced or master spells, it would certainly destroy a large portion of the forest and even the Crest’s mansion.

 -50 minutes later -

The group were prepared for all kind of scenarios yet what they saw was outside of their expectation

Lucy was sitting on a large rock, without a single scratch on her body, and on top of it, her dress and hair were spotless. Yet the bizarre thing was all the corpses spaced around, they have been ripped apart and had bite marks along with many beast-like footprints near them.

“Just… what happened here?”

I'm sorry that this was a very bad and boring chapter, I ran out of ideas on how to make this chapter more interesting mid-way through

10