Side Chapter 1: Lucy’s Diary (part 1)
386 16 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(9yo) Day 1-

Today is my ninth birthday, aunt Rose gave me this beautiful book, it looks very cute and its texture is very comfortable to touch.

I overheard some maids talking about something called diaries, which is used to make a record of what I do every day. It sounds fun, so I decided to start writing!

(9yo) Day 8-

Today, most of the other kids in the family and I were going to start learning about magic, our teacher said that this age is when we start to become capable of using it, but between all 30 of us only 2 were able to use it today, the teacher called them “fast learners”, I wasn’t able to use it but I won't give up! I will continue to go to that class until I become able to use magic!

(9yo) Day 85-

Between the 30 kids only 3 aren’t able to use magic, and…. I'm one of them….

By now the subject that we are learning is too difficult to understand if you aren't able to use magic, so father decided to take me out of the classes until I become able to use magic…..

But I haven't given up yet!!!

(9yo) Day 220-

I have tried to learn many things but I don't seem to have any talent… I am too weak to use a sword or even arm anyone with my fists, I always miss when I use a bow, and when I tried to learn alchemy I almost died because of a huge mess up I did…..

The kids at the mansion have been saying hurtful things to me.... but I…. cannot give up yet, there must be something I am good at…. right?

(10yo) Day 5-

My tenth birthday was five days ago… but father didn’t show up… he has been very distant and cold to me lately, the only people that still love me are my mother and aunt Rose, a low-rank family member, she works as a head maid and is very kind, she is the youngest of the maids but I fully believe she is smarter than any of them!

She always says that I have to keep a smile and live life to the fullest no matter what! That is what I should do! even if everything seems to be against me….

(10yo)Day 245-

Would it be better if I just died? Rose was sent to work as a maid at my sister's house, she is father's favorite… After all, she can use all 4 basic elements… on the other hand I'm very useless compared to her.

I have been able to meet neither father nor mother, and none of the kids on the mansion want to play with me… I feel very bored and lonely…

(10yo) Day 287-

It was beautiful! that forest looked full of colors and life! I could only see it briefly as I went with my parents to a social gathering with another noble household. It was only on the outside but it looked very beautiful, I wonder how much more beautiful it looks on the inside!

(10yo) Day 320
I am not allowed to go there because it is dangerous… I tried to sneak out but I was easily caught each time, but that will no longer be the case! I have a plan to go there, and very soon I will be able to make it work!

(11yo) Day 2

My birthday was yesterday, this is the perfect day to play off my plan.

Because there was a lot of food yesterday the maids are very busy cleaning all the dishes and throwing away the leftovers to the point where they don't notice me entering the kitchen, I have been using the excuse that I wanted to learn how to cook to see where are the guards' rations located, I went there and to my luck, the maid in charge of delivering the food was very distracted, I secretly threw an alchemy ingredient that I stole from one of the kids from the high rank, that ingredient has a strong sleeping effect.

I followed close behind and saw which guard took the food in which I threw the ingredient. I then went to hide for a few minutes and went to check if the ingredient had taken effect. He was completely knocked out!

This is finally my chance! I have to hurry, it will only be a matter of minutes before they notice that the guard fell asleep and that I escaped.

I wonder what that forest contains?

This just another badly made chapter to show you a little of the perspective of Lucy. I tried to show some sudden mood changes to show Lucy as a slightly emotional unestable character. Please tell me of any grammatical errors and thank you all for reading!

10