Aftermath, Planning Ahead ,And On The Back Stage
350 16 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Lucy was taken back into the mansion she was checked up and questioned about what happened, she responded just like she had been told by Asher; she was kidnapped by a group of bandits and rescued by a man who had his face covered by a mask of a white fox, she noticed that the animals around him followed his orders, he was likely to be a druid, but then the man left without saying anything, she waited on the spot she was in for someone to help her get out of the forest as it is very dangerous to go out for herself, while she waited she used a combination of water and wind magic to cast the spell “clean”.

Mark wanted to ask more things but stopped himself from doing so, his daughter saw men being killed and eaten before her eyes, she was only in a low shock-like state, he didn't want her to think about that anymore, even if the story she told had a few holes, after all, she was a kid, even if she saw something important she likely didn't even notice nor paid attention to it.

Yet he still hired a search party to scan the whole forest for the man, until now he had found nothing…

Asher on the other side has his own problems, to put it shortly he had lots of notifications from the system, thankfully this past year he had gotten better at using it, he could now put those notifications on wait by putting them on a window called “Mail Box”, he also had lots of questions to the system, he had put them on a hold because he thought that the system would not answer them, but now he had to ask them no matter what, and aside from that he had a lot to do after waking up from that “nightmare”, first, he had to use the nearby monsters to make everything look as if they were attacked by animals, while also calming Lucy down, which to the surprise of Asher she was kind of calm considering what just happened, it was strange but he had little time to worry about it.

Something Asher was quick to notice was that the Were-Beasts that he created had a minimum of three skills on the [racial skill] side, these were (Were-Beast Form) (Beast form) (Demi-Human Form), there was one exception, but that is a topic for later.

Using one of his Were-Beasts, the [Were-Eagle], he sneaked into the mansion using the (Beast form) which made him into an eagle, he then entered Lucy’s room and transformed into (Demi-Human form) which made the (Were-Beast) look like some kind of harpy, but still more human than how he looked on (Were-Beast Form), but there was one problem, on the (Demi-Human Form) there are no hands, so he had to go back to the (Were-Beast Form) to be able to write with the stuff that was on Lucy’s room, he then proceeded to cut his hand and make a circle on the map that he stole from the bandits, he used a skill called (Direction Sense) to make it as accurate as possible.

After that, he went back to (Beast From) and grabbed the note. While flying he spotted a wolf host near him, all he had to do was grab the note with that body and wait close to the outskirt of the forest, but he saw through the eyes of an [three-eye cuckoo] host a group of men with the Crest family symbol implanted on their armor approaching the dead guards' bodies, he then hurried to that place and the rest went on by itself.

All of that occurred at the same time, and that is only thanks to his evolved skill [Hive Mind], it truly is a useful skill to have…

-At midnight-

{“A lot of things happened today, you need to sleep”}

{Okay, but can you at least tell me one bedtime story please?}

Asher could only sigh at Lucy’s request but at the end, he gave in

{“Fine, but just one, understood?”}

{Yes!}

{“There was once a frog and a scorpion that wanted to cross a river, the frog offered to take the scorpion on his back for 20 dollars but the scorpion said “make it 10” to which the frog replied-”}

-

The sound of the soft breathing of Lucy enveloped the darkroom, if Asher had a face he would be smiling warmly right now, after all, he thought of Lucy as his own daughter, even though in his previous life he was a teenager and now he had a child’s voice.

But that ended quickly because he had lots of notifications to read and a lot of questions to make.

-

Overall, the notifications were about naming his creations, Asher simply turned down such notifications, after all that was an optional notification, all but one, he decided to name her because she was unique, she was the [Were-Hellhound], not only she had much higher stats compared to the rest but she had an extra racial skill, it was [Monster Form].

Asher decided to name her after a mythological being from his previous life, “Fenrir”, even though she wasn't gigantic like in the myths, she looked cool and as such she deserved a cool name as well, after all, it wouldn't sound right to call her something like “Firulais”.

He decided to test her capabilities later and instead changed his focus on the system

‘system, I have many things to ask and you better not come up with your “The current question cannot be answered” bulls**t’

[... I somehow feel threatened even though all I had done until now was helping you…]

-

Summarizing all the Q&A between Asher and the system; he had picked the interest of 2 gods who decided to give him their blessing, the system didn’t say anything about the major gods though. The reason why he has been calm and compressive about everything around him is because of the blessings, they are also the cause as to why he didn’t go insane after being isolated on bacteria form or by being eaten when he was an insect or a rat, but it doesn't heal any previous trauma, the most it could do was suppress it so it didn’t bother his daily life, of course, that suppression couldn't stop him going berserk after remembering “that'' part of his previous life. As a side effect, Lucy is partially affected by the blessings, that is why she could remain with a calm mind even after the torture of the bandits.

Moving on from that he found out that something from a skill that he gained while torturing the bandits, is called [Spirit Manifestation], the system said that he would get his own “physical” body, but to obtain it he had to evolve the skill, he obtained it at exactly level 100, to evolve it he had to become level 200, and the final form is at level 300, and apparently, there is a special skill that can be obtained at level 481.

The divine blessing of slipshod says ”able to infect any kind of living organism” this proved to be more serious than what Asher first thought, after all in the last year he saw a (Corrupt Rock Golem) and an (Undead Black Bear) it seems they escaped from the Dark Forest north from the forest near the Crest Family, well, when Asher tried to infect them he found himself unable to do so, he tried on both forms, virus and symbiote, but both of them failed, but he also found something which was very important, he can only infect one person at a time with the symbiote form for every 100 levels, in other words, he can now infect a second host with that form.

This is something Asher found out by himself but he is unable to absorb some racial skills, especially those that are blessings from gods, like (moonlight boost)

The system said the following information by itself without Asher even asking for it, likely because the system thought it was important enough; the difference between a spirit and soul is like a slime, the soul is the core and the spirit is the jelly that protects it, but certain beings are capable to strengthen their spirit and physically manifest using it, one such example are the servants of the goddess of light and life, the (spirits), another example is the servants of the goddess of the afterlife and reincarnation, the soul reapers.

And finally, he asked about the way he infects, this is something he already knew but he can infect through touch, sex and offspring; if a wolf were to reproduce with a non-infected wolf, the non-infected wolf would likely end up infected too, and the cups they have would be infected too, but it also applies to asexual reproduction too, if a slime divides, both, the original slime and newborn slime will be infected.

The system said he would gain differents ways to infect later on, but for now, his only way to infect by airborne is through skills like (poison)

Just as the Q&A was over Asher received two notifications

[You have received a quest! The First Pandemy: Infect a minimum of 90% of the nearby forest, reward: skill (Infection Appraisal)]
[You have received a new quest! The Guardians Of The Forest: Infect the three most powerful monsters on the nearby forest without killing them, reward: skill (skill fusion)]

‘Hoh, I see, I guess that is a very good test for her, and I will get a lot of cool stuff by doing that…’

Asher was happy because he now had a clearer image of what his next step should be, so he began to form many different plans as to what to do next.

-

There is a very fat and ugly man seated on an expensive-looking sofa along with a few beautiful women seated beside him, yet the man had a very angry face. The reason for his bad mood was because of the news delivered by the man dressed as a ninja standing in front of him.

“These useless fuckers!! how could they fail on kidnapping a single fucking girl!? now I have to resort to plan B…..”

The fat and angry man was no other than... Johnson Silvertip...

A lot of things happened and i ended up uploading only one chapter this week. Also the images are not mine.

i almost forgot to mention this but i will update the curse and blessings tomorrow, in the menatime this chapter will have a few things that will not make sence acording to the chapter "The Infection System"

9