Prologue: Part 2: Forming a Group
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Viktor and Dali shook hands, partners for the entrance exam they now had to find three others to complete their group before they could advance to the next stage. "What examination are you trying for?" Dali asked curiously. Viktor looked at her and pointed his head toward two scabbards by his side. "I'm aiming for the Military Ops. Its easier to earn contributions as a military officer. Maybe I can meet one of the Major houses." 

"I haven't heard about the other courses offered since its the first time I'm hearing about these entrance exams, but since you're aiming for the Military Ops why don't I try for it as well. I know how to handle an axe." Dali boasted. 

"First time hearing about the exam? Any noble house would have known that the school year is almost here... does that mean you're a commoner?" He asked.

Dali glared at Viktor for asking such a question. "So what if I am, I came here to find a new life to ease the burden on my family. Besides the relocation posters were asking for volunteers to develop the new frontier."

"I have nothing against commoners, they grow the food we eat after all, wouldn't want to mess with them." Viktor surrendered quickly as he wasn't looking for a fight. They were to work together for the exam so sowing discord might sabotage his chances. 

"Nice to see that you're a reasonable guy, now lets look for more people to join us" Dali smiled and headed off.

If they could find a group with three people it would be ideal, otherwise they could find another group of two and a lone attendee, or just find three individuals. "To get a group faster we can split up and look for people!" Dali suggested and Viktor shook his head. "If we each find a partner then someone is going to have to be kicked out..." 

"Good point, then lets walk around together." Dali accepted and together the two walked around looking for groups. Despite forming a pair almost instantaneously most people had already formed groups of four and were only looking for the last member to complete their required amount of five people. Any duos that they did find were 

"Sorry, I'm part of the Logistics group" A young man smiled apologetically at Viktor. "Good luck on finding a group though" and the man turned to continue his search.

"No luck..." Dali sighed. The young man was the 10th person they had asked and they've had their offer declined. "It shouldn't be that hard to find people to join, there is so many of us?" Viktor grumbled. 

"There are three different exams, I just think we're unlucky to have ran into people not trying for the Military  Course." 

As the duo walked around, A figure collided with Dali sending them flying toward the floor, Viktor swiftly extending his arms out to catch his companion as the third fellow collapsed in a heap.

"Sorry about that!" the figure exclaimed and scurried up from the floor, dusting themselves of any dirt and debris that may have clung to their clothes. 

"Watch where you're going!" Viktor scolded the man standing before them. "Sorry again... I just... tripped on the ground, I didn't mean to barrel into her." 

"Its fine." Dali accepted the apology and steadied herself, "Thanks Vik." 

Viktor was taken back by the sudden nickname, he wasn't sure how to respond to the new name so he just nodded once before glaring at the guy once more.

"Again I'm sorry Vik, ah I'm Luis by the way, I tripped with my two left feet while I was just looking to join a group for the Military Ops." 

"How convenient, we were looking for people to join us for the Military Ops" Dali cheered up after hearing the news. "Lets partner up! Dali is my name and this guy here is called Viktor, though I'm calling him Vik since we're so close already." 
"Lets do it!" Luis agreed instantly. Viktor was conflicted about having Luis on the team but if he was needed to pass the exam then by all means he'd welcome him.

"Now we just need to find two more people!" Dali smirked. 

"It won't be as easy, its not like two people are going to fall into our arms" 

Viktor fell to the ground as a person collides with him from  behind. 

"Oi!" a voice bellowed, Viktor helped himself and the person who collided with him up as Dali observed a new group that was glaring at each other.

"Oh why do you bother hanging out with her Mateus, she is just some upstart commoner, we nobles have to stick together." a girl with blonde ringlets hanging in waves and wearing a deep blue dress adorned with shining purple amethysts and silver lining laughed at the fallen person.

Opposite of her a dark-skin man with short cropped hair glared at her. "Priselka, its that attitude of yours that always gets me, I keep telling you time and time again that we have to work with the common folk, the "commoner" your followers just pushed is Jenna De'Clark, the daughter of the famous captain Johan De'Clark who raided the Delgas Kingdom's supply lines in the ocean." Mateus howled. "They are a noble house now as declared by the Emperor himself. "

"A Commoner Noble House, and first generation house at that. They cannot possibly be considered a noble house just yet." Priselka dismissed. "You Royals keep on harping about commoners this and commoners that. We are their natural leaders, they should be grateful that they can follow our orders." 

A cold chill blew through the crowd at those words. Dali narrowed her eyes at the statement and Viktor paused, her words already leaving a bad taste in his own mouth... as a noble he would never stoop so low as to lord himself over those in his territory. 

"I... I can't believe you!" Mateus roared. He made to lunge forward when a hand restrained him. "Mateus let it go, its the Deu'Freys and you know how they act." the girl who had collided with Viktor sighed. "Jenna... you can't possibly allow this slander!" "Its fine, you know the stigma of the Deu'Freys." Jenna shook her head.  

The two sides glared at each other when a voice broke the stalemate. "Hargrave! Deu'Frey! break it up!" The two sides looked to see a young man with locks of blonde hair falling in curtains, a vest, long sleeves shirt and dark pants pushed toward the front. 

"Keith" Mateus nodded.  
"Keith" Priselka  smirked

"Stop disturbing the peace, the both of you. the androgynous person glared at the two of them. Mateus stomped on the ground in rage. "So the Shield of the Nobles steps up once more. Have you no shame for supporting the class divide." 

"I'm only upholding the duty that has been entrusted on my house for generations." Keith shook his head and looked toward Priselka. "I see you only need one more person to complete your entourage, will you leave these people alone if I take that spot?" 

"An upstanding Guardian House to join us, I welcome the House of Inger." Priselka curtsied, her fan hiding what Viktor would assume to be a winning grin.

The crowd dispersed as Keith made his way past the five of them to Priselka. "Sorry about her" Keith apologized to Jenna. 

"You don't have to apologize for her." Jenna curtly scoffed. 

"Still, as a noble house yourself I make it a point to help." and the man continued to Priselka's side. 

"The nerve of some people, I hate it that we're of the same rank." Mateus scowled, his anger simmering and he faces Viktor and Dali. "You okay bud? Jenna did barrel into you even if it wasn't her fault." 

"I'm fine, I had just finished helping my companion Dali here after Luis had collide with her. Viktor Hellenski by the way." Viktor introduced himself. "Mateus Hargrave, second son of the House of Hargrave, and this is Jenna De'Clark, recently bestowed a noble title." 

The girl known as Jenna had brown hair falling down to her midback, tanned skin and green eyes decorated with a green buttoned shirt, a brown vest and a red handkerchief. Brown boots and two holstered guns by her side. 

"It looks like you're a group of three, are you looking for another two to finish your group?" Jenna asked. "We're here for Military Ops."  

"We are in fact looking for more people for Military Operations." Dali nodded. 

"Great lets team up then, it would be best to see what each of us are best at so we can properly coordinate, I use dual pistols to fight." 

"Scimitar and pistol myself." Mateus piped up.

"I come from a miner town in Khorris territory so I normally use a pick" Luis added.

"I've trained with twin swords at my territory" Viktor showed his two swords. 

"I can use an axe... though I might need to borrow one from the academy." Dali shrunk in embarrasment, as she was the only one who hadn't brought a weapon. 

"Then lets go get you one." Jenna suggested and the group of five walked to one of the teachers.

"Of course we can provide you equipment, though we only can give standard equipment, as long as it isn't to outlandish." the teacher looked around in the armory and came out with one-handed axe as well as a great axe. "Which would you prefer?" 

"Why not both? I can always just throw the one-handed axe if anything." Dali shrugged and she obtained the two. "Its time for the exam!" 

The five of them went to the respective examiner. 

"Wait on standby while we process the groups who arrived before you, we will call for you when we're ready." the teacher explained to them and left them alone. 

The group bantered a bit as they waited. 

Mateus knew Jenna due to them working together while the war was on-going as they both helped prepared ships. Luis came from the capital city of the Khorris territory, Axifronx,  located in the eastern part of the empire. Dali learned that both herself and Viktor came from the Evans territory in the Northwest, they hadn't known each other due to the fact that the Hellenski household controlled territory in the north while Dali's village was located in the southeast of the territory. 

In the midst of their talk, the teacher approached their group "Its time for your exam. We will be testing various subjects and aptitudes so make sure you're prepared for anything." 

The group all voiced their agreement and headed on in. It was time to start the entrance exam! 

 

0