Chapter 8 – Arcman’s Spear
1.5k 19 66
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sorry for the late post, college was so busy that I had a rather rough time. Coupled with my broken PC 2 days ago, I can't upload The New Horizon on time.

Here is the update of the new chapter, please enjoy it~


***

[Random Reward Chest]

Description: A unique chest with the power that stores lost items across the world. If you open this chest, you will be given 1 item with a rarity ranged from [Common] to [Special].

One-time use only. The chest will disappear after being used.

***

“Random Reward Chest?!” Aliel shouted because she got surprised by the result of the analyze.

“Indeed, this is your reward, Traveler.” The blacksmith’s NPC nodded his head and stepped behind Aliel.

‘Realism, where did the realism of random chest? Isn’t it gacha?!’ thought Aliel inside her mind. ‘But, I still don’t understand about the rarity in this game.’

Aliel turned to look at the NPC and asked him. “Can you tell me about the rarity of the item?”

The NPC looked at Aliel with a puzzled look. He raised his eyebrow and had an expression that seemed to say ‘Are you for real?’

‘I’m sorry if I don’t know, okay?’

“You don’t know? Then let me explain it. Equipment has a different rarity depending on their performance and their effect.”

Aliel listened to the NPC seriously. She made a note on her mind to remember all of it.

“From the lowest to highest, it’s [Common], [Uncommon], [Rare], [Ultra Rare], [Unique], [Legendary], [Mythical], and [Special Class]”

‘So there are 8 rarities? I am familiar with Common until Mythical. But, what’s Special Class?’

“[Common] usually has no effect and usually is a mass-produced weapon or armor. [Uncommon] is equipment made from Common or Uncommon monster materials, they are usually very though and add some attributes. [Rare] equipment is made from Rare monster materials and needs a skilled blacksmith to process it.”

The blacksmith’s NPC raised his head and proudly puffed out his chest when he said, skilled blacksmiths. Aliel understand that the blacksmith’s NPC was proud of his skill and praised him.

“Ooohh! You are able to make a rare shirt, so does that means you are a skilled blacksmith?!! That’s amazing!”

“Hahahaha, I’m not that skilled.” He tried to hide his good mood but his tone had betrayed him.

He faked a cough and continued his explanation. “Cough, Where did we left it? Oh right, [Ultra Rare] equipment could only be made by a Master Blacksmith using a rare ore such as Adamantite Ore or Orichalcum Ore combined with a high-quality Monster Equipment, usually Boss Monster materials. This equipment has a lot of effects, that’s why this was the most seek equipment in this world.”

Aliel nodded her head, signifying that she’s listening.

“[Unique] equipment is equipment that was used by a special monster, from this rarity, there is only 1 piece of equipment in the world. That means, no equipment will be the same as this Unique equipment. The effect that the equipment has is unknown, only the user will know it. The information of this weapon is almost non-existent because  of how rare and secretive the user who owned Unique Equipment.”

“Now [Legendary] and [Mythical] actually the same grade of equipment. The one that differentiates them from each other was their previous user.”

Aliel got interested when the NPC was talking about the Legendary and Mythical rarity.

“Both rarities will increase their user’s attribute by a lot. Their effect also varied, but usually focused on one main element. For example, [Rulibar] is the sword that was used in the war against the horde of monsters hundreds of years ago. It was said to be able to send a light beam that split thousands of monsters in half.”

The NPC make a swinging motion with his hand and was showing Aliel how the legend was told.

“That’s cool, so the last one?” Aliel didn’t get impressed with the blacksmith and urged him to continue with her eyes.

The blacksmith fixed his posture and crossed his arm. “The last one, as it said is Special in their class. You know that in this world there is lots of different class right?”

Aliel pondered for a while and touched her chin with her right hand while her left hand supported it underneath her chest. ‘Come to think of it, I know nothing about classes in this game too. There is a lot of unknown information.’

“No, unfortunately, I only know about Warrior and Magician.” Aliel put her hand down her hand and looked the blacksmith’s NPC in his eyes.

The NPC sighed and explain it to Aliel. “Sigh, you get 1 of them correct. To be exact, there are 4 basic classes. Warrior, Sorcerer, Hunter, and Priest. Each class has one Special Class equipment, weapon to be exact.”

Aliel eyes bulged and she began to remember what this game had to offer. ‘More contradiction in this game. A warrior could use staff, a Sorcerer could use a sword, that was what they were saying when they announced this game.’

“You must be thinking about the Special Class right?” The blacksmith’s NPC said to Aliel and smiled playfully.

Aliel get embarrassed and her face turned red like a tomato as her mouth opened when the NPC pointed it out. How can an NPC guess what the player thought? The AI was too advanced for that kind of behavior.

“I will explain it, don’t worry. Special Class weapon is a mystery, 4 special class weapons are unknown whatever their effect is or what their shape is. Once, the leaders from each class were gathered together and announced that the Special Class weapon was hidden in the Random Chest by the leaders.”

“Doesn’t that mean, I have a chance to get the Special Class weapon from this Random Chest?” Aliel regained her composure and said calmly to the NPC.

“Yes, it’s possible to get equipment ranged from [Common] to [Special Class] from Random Chest. But, when the Random Chest is used, it will disappear and appear in another location.”

Aliel looked between the Random Chest and the blacksmith’s NPC alternatively. A big smile appeared on her face as she said. “And you give that to me?!”

The NPC nodded and Aliel leaped towards the chest and was looking at it with a shine on her eyes. Aliel observed the chest closely this time. The chest’s design was nothing special, it is a rusty iron chest with a simple lock, which can be opened by slide it to the side.

She touched the chest was about to open it.

“Ah wait, let me go to the front before you open it.” The NPC stopped Aliel. She turned towards him and tilted her head.

“Why?”

She asked the NPC because she doesn’t understand why he will leave to the front store and let Aliel opened the chest alone.

“I won’t intrude on your privacy. That’s my way of thank you for clearing that mine from the Mad Rock and bringing me 50 Mad Ore.” He smiled and he walked towards the door. “Just do it quickly and came to the front. I still have a reward for you.”

Aliel nodded her head and the NPC went to the front and closed the door, leaving Aliel alone in the storage.

Aliel turned to the chest again and she smiled. “Now~ I hope my title will have an effect on this chest too. I am a lucky rabbit after all~”

Aliel touched the box and unlocked it. She held the chest lid with 2 hands and opened it slowly. Suddenly, a blue light leaked out from the chest, followed by red, orange, yellow, green, indigo, and violet, making it a rainbow illuminating the storage.

Aliel watched the lights with shining eyes, she understood that rainbow in many games indicated the highest rarity. Her heart races with a wild imagination about what she got from the chest and she opened it in one go.

The inside of the chest was still blinded by the lights, she put her hand in to retrieve the items. Aliel hand searches inside the chest and she feels a cylinder that fits in her hand. She grabbed it and took it out, revealing a dark blue spear.

The spear has a blade on 1 side of it, and a hollow on the middle of the blades. The hollow part of the spear is decorated with a glowing red gem.

“Let’s see~ What is your rarity~ I hope you are at least unique.”

Aliel used analyze on the spear, and the spear’s info was revealed.

***

[Arcman’s Spear](Special Class)

Class Requirements: Sorcerer

Level 10 (Can be Upgraded)

Physical Attack +25

Magical Attack +25

All Attributes + 7

MAG +10

Requirements: 10 DEX, 10 MAG

Durability ∞

Effects: 

1) The damage from this spear is a Magical Attack.

2) Convert Magical Attacks caused by this spear into Physical Attacks.

Can’t be traded

Can’t be dropped

Description: This spear was created by Arcman, the strongest Rune Sorcerer in the world. The gem on the spear was created using Arcman’s Mana Core on his last breath. 

The wielder of this spear is said to be the next successor of Arcman. But the requirements to succeed Arcman are currently unknown. The art of Rune is missing, hidden by Arcman in his abode.

The damage caused by this spear is a Magical Attack. This spear converted Magical Attack into Physical Attack, can only be equipped by Sorcerer.

***

“YOSHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! I love you, rabbit luck!!!” Aliel shouted at the top of her lungs because of happiness.

“I got spears!! My favorite weapons all the time! At first, I plan to pick warrior, but with this weapon, I changed my mind. Spear wielder who can use spells, I love this game!! I need to experiment with this spear effect, convert Magical Attack into Physical Attack, is it all a Magical Attack from a spell or just an attack using this spear? Well, let’s think about that when I reached level 10.”

Aliel put the spear on the inventory and decided to think about it later.



Author Here~

More than 52 Advanced chapters (For ALL my series)  Are available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

Most of the money from my Patreon will go to help me write better and Order an Illustration for both of my works. Lastly thank you to all the patrons!! 

Big Thanks to the new Executive!!
- fffory

Big Thanks to the new Squad Leader!!
- Lefi
- Sinxere
- Todd Barlow

66