Chapter 10 – Slaughter
1.4k 13 60
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Where is the monster, I wonder~” Aliel walked around the plain hunting ground as she basked in the morning sun.

She walked around, searching for a high-leveled monster to kill. When she was ambushed by the monkeys earlier, her HP was chipped a little bit, but it was healed after a few minutes because of her natural HP recovery. The Player’s natural HP recovery is 1% every 30 seconds, compared to a monster, it’s low. But, players could increase the rate of their HP recovery by using the equipment.

Aliel was confident she could survive if she fought a group of monsters as long as their group was under 10 monsters. She could use her skill to fight them like when she fought the monkeys.

“The players start appearing as soon as the sun had risen. Well, their average level is 3 so the chance they will tackle on a high-leveled monster is low.”

Aliel began walking again, in search of a high-leveled monster. The plain was wide, even wider than the forest hunting ground. Everywhere she saw was grass and a group of players who fought with level 2 monsters.

She was not interested in low-level monsters and left the area. She began walking further into the plain. As she getting further from the forest, she also spotted fewer players. The monsters were roaming free, they were varied from boar, deer even hyena.

She analyzed the monsters and saw their levels were ranging from level 3 to level 5. She lost her interest and walked further.

Aliel finally stopped when she didn’t spot any more players. She looked around and saw that there is almost no monster except some hyenas in the distance.

“Tch, plain hunting ground is a miss, huh. Where should I find some high-leveled monster? Or should I went back to the forest and fought with the Monkeys? That’s the only available option for me right now. Let’s head back.”

Aliel turned back and run towards the forest again. Because today was the first day of the game, there is almost no information about the hunting grounds in the forum. That’s why she decided to go back to the forest and try to find some monkeys.

In fact, the only way to obtain information right now is to buy it from an information dealer or buy it from a big guild.

Aliel has no problem buying it from an information dealer, but there is a chance she will get scammed. The other option, the authenticity of the information from a big guild is guaranteed. But, Aliel has some problems with a guild.

She had harassed some big guild members in the past. Aliel loves pranks and battle, that’s why she often pranked those in big guilds in the other games.

“Well, I've done a lot of pranks to girls in those guilds. It can't be helped, prank is fun~ Especially in this game when I can openly harass a girl if their protection was disabled.”

Aliel reached the forest again and she began surveying the area where she was ambushed by a group of monkeys earlier.

“Come to think of it, the monster in the plain hunting ground is indeed low level, but there were lots of them.” Aliel looked around while muttering to herself. She scanned the area the whole time, taking care to not getting ambushed again.

She went deeper into the forest and finally, she heard the familiar shriek.

“Kieeekk!!!”

Aliel turned in the direction of the sound and run towards them. She ran like a girl who found her favorite actor on the streets, but in this case, Aliel found her prey and she want to kill them before being snatched by other players.

After running towards the shriek direction for a few seconds, she saw a group of 5 monkeys in the distance. She smiled at her good luck, once again she thanks the title in her mind and shouted.

“Come to me, Monkeys!!”

Aliel managed to get the monkey's attention. They turned towards Aliel and jumped around the tree to approach her.

Aliel stopped on her track and unsheathed her rapier, and getting into a thrusting stance. She bent her knees, taking a lower stance so she could dodge the monkey’s leap anytime. Her smile getting wider and wider as she saw the monkeys already reached the trees around her.

The monkey leaped simultaneously and Aliel moved right after that. She rushed towards the nearest monkey and thrust her rapier, straight into the monkey’s head, pierced it. Her rapier could be seen in the other side of the monkey’s head. She pulled her rapier and slashed the monkey’s head off, and the system announcement ringed.

Ding

“Oh? So it died? Could it be?”

Aliel found a new discovery about a monster and decided to try it. Aliel rotate her body, turned towards the next monkey which pounced at her as soon as they hit the ground. She decided to test her new discovery and slash the monkey’s neck. The body and the head of the monkey were separated, and the system announcement once again ringed.

Ding

Aliel leaped away from the monkey and took a lower stance again. The monkeys and Aliel stared at each other. Aliel who had tested her discovery thought.

‘As expected. There is an instant kill in this game. I didn’t realize it because I fought a rabbit with a slash on its body and the other monster is a rock. But, they could be killed instantly if we targeted their vitals. The reason why the monkeys who had ambushed me at dawn didn’t die instantly when I pierced their head maybe because my thrust missed their brain. Well, either way, I could hunt faster after this.’

As the monkeys saw Aliel didn’t move after she killed their friends, they bared their fangs and attacked Aliel again. Aliel decided to fight seriously and dumped 4 of 9 unused points into DEX, increasing her speed even further.

She rushed towards the monkey and send a thrust that pierced the monkey’s head cleanly. To make sure that they are dead, Aliel stabbed each monkey 2 times.

The notification sound ringed again, and it irked Aliel.

“Gaaahh!! Why did the notification sound every time I killed a monster!! Can it be turned off?”

Aliel opened the system menu and try to find a setting to disable the notification. She thinks that it was a great support to know when the monster died. But, when she fought a lot of monsters, the notification didn’t help at all. Instead, it was distracting!

Aliel scrolled the setting menu which has a lot of options. She didn’t bother to read all the setting and just went straight to the notification’s setting. She found it after scrolling for a few seconds and read it. Right now, the notification was set to appear every time she killed a monster. But, there is another setting that was similar to it.

“It will notify you after the battle ended? It informed you about the total EXP and Money that players gained in the battle. You could set the notification to appear only after 30 seconds after a battle or 60 seconds after a battle…. This is convenient, let’s choose this setting and set it to 30 seconds after a battle.”

Aliel set the notification to only appear 30 seconds after a battle and closed the menu setting.

“Yosh, back to hunt~”

Aliel wander around the forest again, her target was obviously the Howler Monkey. She could instant-kill them and they were always in a group. At least Aliel only encountered them when they were in a group.

After 30 minutes of wandering around the forest, Aliel found another group of monkeys. This time there were only 3 of them. Aliel approached them slowly and killed them by stabbed their head using her rapier. After the death of the first monkey, the remaining 2 shrieked and pounced at Aliel.

“What? Was your attack only pounce and bite? That’s boring!!” Because she was used to their attack by now, she could dodge them easily and killed them in a flash.

“And that’s done. I need to keep up my game, or those crazy rankers will catch up to me. From now on, let’s forget the loot and focusing on leveling up. I could always buy something with my real money if I ever need it.”

Aliel walked in the direction that she has not checked yet. She runs like a madman while holding her rapier. She never unsheathed her rapier again, because she planned to stab any monster she had found without stopping in her tracks. She didn’t care if the monsters were level 4 or 6, she just pierced them on the head or slash their neck, to kill them instantly.

On her run, she found the deer monsters which she saw in the plains and slashed its neck. Not only that, she encountered a lot of monkeys. She didn’t show mercy and stabbed or slashed them, only stopping for a while to deal a finishing blow to some monster that survived her rapier.

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.”

***

At that time, a party of 5 players that hunted in the forest heard a burst of maniac laughter in the forest.

“What was that?!!”

“I don’t know, maybe that was a sound of a filed boss? Should we invite other players to kill it?”

“Let’s go!!”

They were wondering if a field boss was spawned and arrange a team to kill it.

“HAHAHAHAH DIE!! As expected!! This is fun!!”

The culprit, Aliel, didn’t know that there was a commotion because of her. She kept running all around the forest while laughing loudly because of her good mood.



Author Here~

More than 54 Advanced chapters (For ALL my series)  Are available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

Most of the money from my Patreon will go to help me write better and Order an Illustration for both of my works. Lastly thank you to all the patrons!! 

Big Thanks to the New Executive!!
- Pancakes 4 Days

60