Chapter 9 – Ambushed
1.5k 15 63
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

She went to the front store and was greeted by the NPC.

“How’s it, from your expression you got something good?” Asked the NPC.

“Yeah~ I got something good.” Aliel walked in front of the counter and stopped in front of the blacksmith’s NPC. She looked out the store for a moment and saw that it is still dark outside.

“Well then, about your reward.” The NPC put on a pouch on top of the counter. “This is your reward alongside the chest earlier.”

Aliel picked the pouch and a system notification sounded.

【System: Quest “Blacksmith’s Request” is cleared.

Rewards: Random Reward Chest, 50 Silver Coins】

“Thank you~”

Aliel said her thanks and leave the blacksmith. She looked at the dark sky and decided to test her theory about the monster.

She went to the forest where she hunted the Kick Rabbit. She walked slowly while observing her surrounding, because there was no light or moon to shine in the forest, the possibility of getting ambushed is high.

She found no monster on her way to the forest, which makes her believe that her theory is correct. The theory about the monster was sleeping when it was dark and will active again when it was a day.

‘No monster in the sight, and no sign of ambush. So my theory about the monster in this game behaves differently is correct. Good thing I realize this on the first day.’

Aliel proceeded deeper into the forest to find at least a monster. She looked at her left and right cautiously. 15 minutes walking in the forest, finally she found a Kick rabbit curled up in the hole of a tree.

“Found one~”

Aliel slowly approached the Kick Rabbit while being cautious, afraid to startle the Kick Rabbit. She approached the Kick Rabbit while tiptoeing. When Aliel arrived in front of the Kick Rabbit, she used analyze.

***

[Kick Rabbit](Common Monster)

Level 2

HP 120

Condition: Sleep

***

‘Jackpot!! So they did sleep in the night!’ Thought Aliel.

She unsheathed her rapier and stabbed the Kick Rabbit in the head, dealing critical damage.

-70

The Rabbit woke up and jumped back because of Aliel’s stab. The Rabbit was about to let out a scream, but Aliel leaped towards the Rabbit and thrust her Rapier at the Rabbit’s head, dealing another critical damage.

-67

Kieeeeek

With its last HP depleted, the Rabbit let out the last cry and died.’

【System: Level 2 Kick Rabbit killed. Obtained 0 EXP. Obtained 1 copper coins】

Aliel sheathed her rapier, back to its sheath, and loot the Rabbit’s body. She obtained another Kick Rabbit’s Fur. She was thinking about the system announcement, she didn’t get any EXP when she killed the Kick Rabbit.

“The level difference affects the EXP gain is something that I knew. But, to think I got no EXP when I kill the Kick Rabbit. It’s safe to assume that killing a monster with 5 Levels lower than mine will give me no EXP. While killing a monster with a Level higher than mine will give me bonus EXP.”

Aliel began to plan her next move and decided to leave the forest and go to the new hunting ground. She walked on the dirt trails that lead to a plain hunting ground, but she decided to stop midway.

“Oh right. I forgot to change my equipment into the shirt. The shock from getting Arcman’s Spear was too big that I forgot about it.”

She looked around and decided to enter the forest to change her equipment. Although there is a white light effect when the player changed their equipment, it was still embarrassing for a girl to change the equipment in the middle of the road.

Even Aliel will be embarrassed to change clothes in the public. She entered the forest and opened her inventory and took out the Rabbit Shirt. Her Newbie Adventure’s grab changed into a sleeveless white shirt.

“Well, the newbie adventure’s grab is a set of a leather shirts. It’s too bad I can’t wear it on top of the Rabbit Shirt.”

Because the shirt was sleeveless, her cleavage is visible.

“It’s a bit too open, my cleavage is clearly visible. I need to get armor or robe as soon as possible.”

Aliel looked down and pulled the shirt, looking inside the shirt, and clearly saw her boobs without any underwear. She doesn’t mind going around without underwear, but she certainly minds it if there is a man who looked at her when she wears nothing underneath her shirt.

“And a bra. I will buy it in the village. The Newbie’s grab was a set with underwear so I thought this shirt was like that too, to think it was not. As expected, this is Lisrem idea, wasn’t it? He has a fetish for this after all.”

After inspecting her shirt for a while, Aliel walked towards the plain hunting ground again. She was not sure where is the higher-level hunting ground, but she knew that the plain was the most possible choice as the monster in the plain tends to vary in their type.

Because she changed her equipment, her movement speed increased to 4 and her defense increased from 6 to 8. She walked a little bit faster than earlier and almost reached the plain hunting area. Right before she exited the forest, she heard an animal’s howl from the trees on her right.

“Kieeekkk”

Aliel turned to the source of the voice and saw a brown monkey around half of her height on top of the tree. The monkey was like any regular monkey, but when the monkey opened its mouth, a sharp fang was there instead of the normal teeth.

When Aliel looked at the other trees, there were monkeys. She used analyze on the monkey without a delay and the information of the monkey appeared on top of their head.

***

[Howler Monkey](Common Monster)

Level 7

HP 315

***

The monkey’s HP was not as high as she thought for a Level 7 monster. They were even lower than the Mad Rock, level 5 monsters.

Aliel scanned the area real quick while slowly stepped back. Because it was still dark, and the sun was just about to rise, her vision was not very good. She saw around 7 monkeys perched on top of trees. It would be bad if they had attacked Aliel together, that’s why she planned to do hit and run.

‘The monkey was not asleep? Is it because the monkey got up early in the morning to search for food? I remember

“Kieeeekkk!”

The monkey on the tree nearest Aliel shrieked and leaped to Aliel and opened its mouth, wanted to bite Aliel. She sidestepped as she unsheathed her rapier and stabbed the monkey’s body. It grazed the monkey’s body as damage appeared on top of its head.

The monkey’s speed was not as fast as Aliel thought, maybe it was influenced by her high DEX, but certainly she could dodge its attack with no problem.

“””Kieeekkkk!!”””

The other monkey, seeing one of their one stabbed by the human in front of them shrieked and leaped together to Aliel.

Facing 7 monkeys alone, Aliel was not afraid and she shouted.

“Come!!”

She rushed forwards instead of stepping back, facing the monkey’s attack directly. Her vision was not good because of the lack of light. But, she changed her plan from hit and run to comfort them directly after seeing the first monkey attack.

Aliel slide under the monkey, stopped behind them, and send a barrage of thrust towards the monkey from their back.

“Kieeek!!”

The monkeys shrieked and bleeding from where they were Aliel thrust them.

“Oh, bleeding effect?! Come!”

The monkey seems to change their tactics. They spread out, and surround Aliel from every direction. Aliel raised her rapier and pulled her hand which held it. As if the monkey had practiced it, they leaped to Aliel simultaneously.

Aliel looked at the monkey pounced from a different direction, rushed towards the monkey in front of her, and send a furious thrust. Head, body, arms, legs, nothing was spared from Aliel’s thrust. The body of the monkey was blown away and she turned to deal with the remaining monkeys.

【System: Level 7 Howler Monkey killed. Obtained 650 EXP. Obtained 25 copper coins】

The monkey began to rush to Aliel one by one, which she welcomed with a thrust of her rapier on its head, dealing critical damage. The sound of notification sounded indicating the monkey has died. Another monkey tried to sneak behind Aliel and attacked with its claw but she dodged it and grabbed its head with her left hand. She slammed the monkey to the ground and stabbed its head using her rapier.

The monkey was not moving again after critical damage appeared above its head, ending its life.

After Aliel killed the 3rd monkey, the sky began to light up, welcoming the first sunrise in the game. Now, with a better vision, Aliel grinned and shouted.

“Let’s began the 2nd round!! Come here, you monkeys!!”

“KIEEEEEEE!!!”

The remaining 4 monkeys shrieked loudly, baring their fangs towards Aliel, and pounced towards her.

With skilled movement, Aliel dodged the first and second monkey while she grabbed the 3rdmonkey’s tail and slammed its body to the 4th monkey. The 4thmonkey was blown away from the impact, crashed into a tree, and fainted. Aliel stabbed the monkey in her hand on its head and throw it in the direction of the first and second monkey.

They crashed and Aliel began to rush towards them and send a barrage of thrusts. The monkeys died, leaving only 1 fainted monkey. She slowly approached it and stab it on its head, dealing critical damage.

“Fuu~ that was a good exercise. Let’s loot them and went to the plain. My target is to become level 10 today. But, maybe that’s a bit too much, I didn’t level up after beating those 7 monkeys.”

Aliel looted the monkey’s corpse and get a ‘Howler Monkey’s Fang’ from each corpse, 7 in total. She put them in her inventory and continued her walk to the plain hunting ground.



Author Here~

More than 54 Advanced chapters (For ALL my series)  Are available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

Most of the money from my Patreon will go to help me write better and Order an Illustration for both of my works. Lastly thank you to all the patrons!! 

Big Thanks to the New Squad Leader!!
- Tiago Ferreira
- Паша Барановский

63