Chapter 12 – Class Change
2.3k 10 62
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Aliel walked on the street leading to the village chief’s house while having a thought.

‘Come to think of it, that stall owner, Gari. She has lots of Level 6 and level 8 equipment. Not to mention the rare witch hat. How does she hunt to get all of that equipment?’ She put her hand on her chin and looking up to the sky while wondering about Gari.

Aliel had hunted lots of monsters, it was not exaggerating to say that Aliel has the highest count on the monster killed if there is a ranking for that. But, she doesn’t get any equipment except for the broken Swift Rapier.

‘The remnants of the monsters that I slew, what is their fate?’

Aliel stopped on her track after she arrived in front of a big house with 4 windows made of wood. The house has a terrace which was big enough for 2 couches and tables. 2 wooden poles stood with Village Chief sign written in front of the big house.

“So this is the village chief’s house? Seem ordinary.”

Aliel walked towards the village chief’s house and knocked on the door.

“Hello, is there anyone home?” Shouted Aliel as she stepped back a little.

Soon, the door was opened a little and the head of a bearded old man with most of his hair turned white peeked out through the gap. He looked at Aliel and asked.

“What do you want?” His tone was not friendly, he sound like he was annoyed by something.

Aliel looked at the old man with a smile on her face. She tried to appear as friendly as possible to the old man which she guessed is a village chief of this newbie village.

“I would like to ask something, do you happen to know the place where one could get their class changed?” Aliel tilted her head and put her left index finger on her cheeks while her eyes looked up to the ceiling when she ended her sentence.

She often used this move to ask a male player for any information. Because the NPC here is behaving like a real human, she had thought maybe this move would be effective on NPC too.

As a matter of fact, and much to Aliel surprise, it did. The old man fully opened the door and walked out of her house. He passed Aliel and sat on the couch on the terrace. Aliel gaze followed the old man which sat on the floor and saw him gestured her to sit across him.

“Young traveler, you can sit there.” The village chief said with a kind smile on his face.

“Yes.” Aliel answered the village chief and sat on the couch opposite of him. She sat with her legs closed and her hand above her thighs.

“Well, young traveler. At first, I thought you are the same as the thugs who bothered me yesterday. It seems that I was wrong, you are a polite traveler, for that, I apologize if I offended you.” The village chief bowed his head shortly to Aliel.

“Ah, no! It was not a problem!” Aliel waved her hand in front of her face to show the village chief that she was not offended. She understood what the village chief meant.

‘I understand what you mean, village chief! Those players really love asking every NPC about a quest, especially a village chief like you.’ Thought Aliel as she smiled wrily.

“But, for a polite traveler like you. The way you dressed are a little revealing, no?” Said the village chief as he turned away, trying to look away from Aliel.

Aliel was puzzled for a while before she get what the village chief said. She hurriedly put her hand above her thighs again, to hold her default skirt for showing her smooth skin beneath.

‘I forgot that my set of clothes have no underwear!! I was used to going commando without any underwear at home that I forgot about it!’

Aliel’s face went a bit red, but because of her personality, she didn’t allow herself to get embarrassed over something like this.

“Well, it’s not like I choose to not wear any. But I don’t have any that I could wear.” Aliel finds a bad excuse that won’t be able to make any people believe her.

“Hahahahaha, I understand. Every person has their own hobby. I won’t pry any further, young traveler.” The village chief laughed as he slapped his thighs.

“Ha..hahaha. W-Well, village chief. Earlier, I asked about how a traveler like myself could get a class. Because I don’t know a lot about this yet, I decided to pay you a visit to ask about this. Maybe you know the answer?”

“Oh right, you came to the right place, young traveler. The only place to get a class in this village is my house.” The village smiled kindly while answered Aliel.

“Really??” Aliel shoot from the couch and stood up at a fast speed.

She was too lucky in this game, to think her first guess to visit the village chief was a correct choice. Even if Aliel had followed the cliché of VR games, there is no guarantee that she will find what she want this fast. Some games actually tried to avoid those cliché to build something new and fresh. So she didn’t expect to get such information in an easy way. She was prepared to spend some of her money to buy information about how to choose a class when the player reached level 10.

“Yes, but there are a few conditions for you to get a class.” The village chief stood up from her couch and walked towards his house. “Follow me, young traveler. I will tell you the condition as when we arrived at the location where you can get your class.”

Aliel stood up and followed the village chief. They went into the house and the village chief entered a room with a black star sign on the door. Aliel looked around the room which has nothing except for a white orb on top of a wooden pedestal in the middle of the room.

“This is the orb to grant a traveler a class. There are 3 conditions that Traveler must fulfill before they can use this orb.”

The village chief walked to the orb and touched it as he turned to Aliel. “First, you must reach level 10.”

Aliel nodded her head to show that she understood that part. Then, the village chief put on a serious expression on his face as he spoke. “And the remaining conditions are hard. Please think twice before you hear it.”

Aliel feels the atmosphere tensed with the village chief's word, but she still decides to hear the second condition. As she needs to get a class to use the spear that she got from the random chest.

“Second condition, you need to get at least 10 attribute points in the most important attributes of the class. For example, if you wanted to choose a warrior, you need to at least have 10 STR. If you want to be a Sorcerer, then you need at least 10 MAG. Do you get it?”

“Yes, what’s the third condition?”

“This is the hardest condition of all… you need…” The village paused on his sentence and gulped his saliva.

Gulp

The tension get into Aliel too as she unconsciously gulped her saliva too. More time passed and the village chief still didn’t tell her the third condition. She began to feel uneasy and asked him.

“And I need what?!” She walked closer to the village chief as she asked that.

“You need… 50 silvers for the class granting ceremony.”

Suddenly, Aliel has an urge to punch the village chief in the face. But she can’t, and she won’t show it on her face. Instead, she asked the village chief to make sure of it. “That’s it?”

The village chief nodded his head and said. “Indeed, 50 silvers are big money to earn in this village. You won’t be able to accumulate that much money in just 1 or 2 days. I understand that this is the hardest condition, but that much money is needed.”

He said with a solemn expression like she was feeling sorry for Aliel that he can’t change the third condition to be easier.

Aliel then realizes it. The other players have no way to accumulate 50 silvers easily because most of them are hunting in a party and they need to buy equipment or potions with some of the money from their hunt.

She hurriedly opened her status screen and dumped all of her unused points into MAG stats, boosting it to 20. Then, she opened her inventory and took out 50 silvers coins, and put it inside a pouch from the blacksmith’s NPC reward.

The village chief raised his eyebrows as his eyes bulged when he saw Aliel took out 50 silvers coins easily and put them in a pouch.

Aliel extended her hand which was holding the pouch containing 50 silvers coin to the village chief and said.

“I think that I cleared all the conditions. Could I get a Sorcerer class right now?” She smiled at the surprised village chief.

“O-oh! Yeah! Just put your hand on top of the orb and said the name of the class out loud. That will begin the class granting ceremony.” The village chief took the pouch from Aliel’s hand and kept it in his pocket as he gestured to Aliel to put her hand on top of the orb.

Aliel approached the orb and put her hand on top of the orb as she said.

“Sorcerer.”

Suddenly, a white light flashes from the orb, illuminating the room and subside after a moment. After the light was gone, the system notification ringed not only for Aliel but for the whole of The New Horizon. But, only Aliel’s system notification ringed a few times.

【System: Congratulations, you successfully changed your class into Sorcerer】

【System: Congratulations, you’ve learned [Mana Arrow]】

【System: Congratulations, as the first player to change your class into a Sorcerer class. You are rewarded with [Sorcerer Garment](Uncommon), and [Sorcerer Cape](Rare)】

【World System Notification: Congratulations to player Liel to be the first to achieve a class. The player name will be recorded in the World Ranking as a first achievement! Give your applause to Player Liel!!】

“Ah, I get the first world announcement!” Said Aliel as she took screenshots of the announcement.



Author Here~

More than 55 Advanced chapters (For ALL my series)  Are available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

Most of the money from my Patreon will go to help me write better and Order an Illustration for both of my works. Lastly thank you to all the patrons!! 

Big Thanks to the new Executive!!
- Terry Luo
- Ryu

62