99- Interlude.
338 4 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A/N: A short one.

I'm trying to make sense of what I wrote and what I didn't by re-reading the whole stuff since I seem to be missing a lot of stuff like the Hero Faction attacking the Yokais and a fight with Cao Cao.

Soon we will be going to Kuoh to meet the fated savior of he world. 

Jeanne will have to help a exiled nun, finding an unexpected person meanwhile. 

And more and more. 

I really needed to get back on track after almost a year of being out of touch with the novel. 

==========

Lugh asked the commander one again "This was done… by one person? "

Lately things seem to be brewing in the background with trouble becoming a common place everywhere.

Foreigners stepping on their domains, fight and crime simply happening way too often compared to some years back. Some may consider it to be just minor and unimportant things, yet their sudden but subtle increase feels unnatural.

That is why he took manners at hand when he received the message of an attack to the gate that works as a safeguard to the passage to the Land of Shadows.

With its previous ruler's… death during the Great War; they had to take a different approach when dealing with its inhabitants. A simple yet effective method was put in place to stop the undead from going back to the land of the living. 

That is where its Gate comes into play, named the Gate of the Land of Shadows to keep things simple.

A project that took a lot of effort, knowledge and resources, combining the best enchantments, materials and experts on the field to craft this gate and yet it couldn't replace it's former queen and keeper. 

The Gate is sturdy to resist the assault of the undead but it's far from perfect and expeditions had to be done regularly to clear the undead that accumulated at the other side before they became too big of a threat.

 

At least it helps to train the young before throwing them into something more dangerous, and less controlled. 

And before Lugh stood that same gate, wide open. 

There is no undead trying claw its way out or soldiers fighting for their life; there is just silence, a peaceful yet eerie silence.

"Yes Sir Lugh, the intruder… defeated all of us with… ease and then proceeded into the Lands of Shadows… " 

It was hard to not notice that all of them were covered in dirt, small cuts and bruises but that only made matters more confusing since it's clear that this intruder didn't wish to cause harm.

In fact, this looks like… a test? 

But why? What could they gain from this…

"It matters not, we will find their motives for invading our lands once the culprit is captured " Lugh says to the Commander as he is done enchanting the last of their weapons. Being a God that represents the Sun and Light his blessing would make quick work of anything unexpected that they may find in The Land of Shadows. 

Still Lugh couldn't help but to look at his spear– Gáe Assail– and remember the name of the only person he ever deemed superior than himself when it comes to the title of the 'Master of all Arts and Crafts', especially when with the spear.

As he watched the Soldiers getting ready to dwell into the unknown that is the Land of Shadows, led by their Commander…

"She told us her name… "

…Lugh heard a whisper coming from who seems to be the younger recruit.

"Repeat what you said " 

"That woman left her name… " 

Commander "Don't mind him Sir, the intruder… she was clearly trying to mislead us by saying that name " 

"And what was the name? "

"It was… -

===============

In an unknown location –A secret laboratory– a middle-aged man with dark silver hair and hazel eyes looked at the comatose Mother of all Devils, the same one that went missing after the war disappearing to the point that few Devils consider her more than a legend of the past. 

He was the only True Devil left, the first to enter the rank of a Super Devil. 

That arrogance is reflected even in the way he dresses himself, daring to wear the same attire belonging to the title of Maou Lucifer, the same Sirzech wears but colored in silver. 

The only biological son of the first Lucifer allowing him to carry The most pure Devil's Bloodline and most perfect representation of what a Devil is thanks to his Mind that believes that Devils should be… Devils. 

Killing who they want to kill, Getting what they desire to get. He believes that Devils should be evil, wicked, brutal and vicious.

All of this is reflected in his mere presence giving him an unnerving and malignant aura that is always surrounding his persona. 

But unlike his father, he didn't desire for world domination viewing such things as a hassle. 

Since the Great War he simply lived in boredom, utilizing side projects like the Khaos Brigade which he took control after the Infinity Dragon left leaving everyone without a clue of why or even if she will ever return… 

But he finds himself frustrated  as of late with every failed plan at the hand of the so-called 'Human faction'. 

Even the Sephiroth Grail was partially a success, managing to recover only a part of the Longinus. With it many other plans were thrown away, even some that were starting to be made. 

But he somehow enjoyed this frustration since a challenge finally stood in his way. With every failure the more he desired a victory. 

A victory that he will gain even at the cost of everything.

He will take his opponent even if it costs him everything for that is who he is.  

People keep disappearing everyday all over the word, always careful to not reveal the details to the kind reader. 

The ritual is advancing day by day, countless resources and manpower dedicated to find a solution.

To find a way to break the lock. 

The lock that is holding…

The Beast recorded in the apocalypse.

8