[EXTRA] [Information] What is Painting?
1.4k 3 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Announcement
 This is apart from the main story, pretty much a way for me to fill missing parts and information or simply to entertain outside the 'main' story without messing with the pace

like chapter +18, Missing information, some time together or the progress of the character

[EXTRA] because I write this on the last days of the week when I usually do my research

So, If you want to see the POV of a character or feel like the explanation of something is missing or not clear, here is the place.


"Ahm, I'm curious, how does your paint work?" During our alone time, Jeanne asked me this particular question.

"Painting is the use of paint to represent something on a surface, something that the artist visualizes and sometimes, imagines in his mind... The more skilled the painter, the more clear and similar to his mental image is the painting "I tried to be as straightforward as possible.

When I paint, I first visualize what I want to create in my head, and then I use my [painting] ability to translate that image into the paper.

The more detailed the painting, the higher my level of [Painting] skill.

I continued after a brief quiet moment.

"My power is much more akin to the difference between a flamethrower and a fireball spell." Just like how a picture of a beautiful and charming woman SEEMS charming and enticing, but that's all it is, it just seems enticing and you can't feel anything else, especially for those of us with supernatural senses.

The next step would be to make it FEEL charming and enticing to the point where a normal person would get the sensation of looking at a woman who is calling him or her, but once again, you can't touch it and it can't really affect you unless you do it yourself, like in horror movies... Its strength is also dependent on the painter's strength because it involves the supernatural, and is almost like an illusion placed on paper at this point.

The final part in which I'm right now makes the woman appear in the world, this is extremely problematic because... It requires a lot of details... When I draw them, I need to create a story, a personality, and pretty much everything about this woman including her aura and race... 

For example, when I use the female Dusk, jer body looks like a woman but I do nothing to make it that way; it only appears to have boobs, but they are just... mass that resembles the real ones, including the part... below... there is nothing there even if Dusk gives the impression of a 'woman' to any person who looks at 'her'.

To put it simply, I make the painting BECOME what I paint and as I paint it " I told Jeanne, who looked puzzled after my long explanation, so I had to give her a shorter one...

She reminds me of the first time I saw a letters in math...

"Don't forget that I also have Mind powers and Annihilation Maker... which help me a lot in doing those things..." My main strength is visualization; if I can imagine something, I can create it...

This also implies that I can paint simple things and intents on top of objects, if I choose a rock and then I paint it with the intention of making it 'Fearsome,' that rock will gain that trait.

Of course, mental traits have limits, but I can weaken their mental defenses in other ways, leaving them completely vulnerable to said influence. 

However, this has no effect on physical traits; a giant monster remains a giant monster so you simply need to overpower it.

The same goes for things like taste or what they do… but here is where it gets complicated… how can I place the taste of something that I've never tried myself?

The same goes for things like power, presence like that of a dragon… 

I can make a puppet 'feel' and 'look' humans in every way possible because I'm familiar with them. 

The other problem is how much it costs… I will start bleeding from my nose when I use my Mind too much.

Especially if I make something... permanent.

36