58- The four dreads
1.4k 21 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was a typical night in Romania, with vampires patrolling the streets, drinking blood, and doing vampire things.

Some went out hunting for food, while others simply stayed at home.

Unfortunately, because not all vampires are completely evil and there are Vampire civilians, I had to limit its rampage.

However, the apparent peace veiled by the night was shattered when several farms were destroyed in a loud and eye-catching manner, making all the Vampire's attention turn to them.

One of the farms was destroyed by ten-meter-tall white golems with red markings and mystical runes all over their bodies, led by a towering hammer-wielding giant.

It didn't matter what they threw at the intruders; they simply ignored them and continued leading the humans on the farm to a safer location, protecting them from harm while dealing with any vampire that tried to get in her way.

What can the vampires do against a horde of rock golems? The first idiot who yelled and threatened the figure was met with two massive hands, palms open, coming from his left and right, they ended up squashing him like one would an annoying fly.

How useful is their immortality, superior physical strength, and regeneration if they are flattened and turned into a pile of flesh, blood, and bones by sheer brute force?

What good are their claws and fangs against bloodless, strengthened rocks filled with runes? They barely scratched the golems...

Even if they fly with their wings, dozens of flying golems are surveilling the sky looking for any sign of life for them to shoot with a small but extremely fast and precise rock?

How can they hide when the same dirt and soil that should be only supporting their walk is revealing them?  

The vampires had no way of stopping their march and rampage without help.

"Move my friends, we need to show them how powerful we are… make them spread our name"

.

.

.

The second farm was attacked by a young girl with blonde hair carrying a flag and an aura of holiness around her that inspired the rescued humans who followed her with hope and vigor while she healed their wounds with her own spells.

Following her were knights who could easily defeat the word paladins.

A full body armor of white with golden markings that revealed various mysterious runes in their surface and wearing helmets that didn't even let others see their glimpse of their face but it did let others see their eyes that carried their resolve toward their duty of defending the innocent humans that they escorted.

With a sword and shield that emitted holy light, they purified the ground they walked on, transforming the knights into a walking holy ground weakening any vile creature that stood in their path.

Their armor kept the Vampires' claws from drawing their blood, their sword cut through their enemies, and their shield intercepted their attack shield which occasionally bashed into the enemy body, followed by the sounds of broken bones.

Together with their coordination and skill, they rendered the Vampires defenseless.

However, the holy maiden did not lag behind.. 

Her rays of holy light flew through multiple Vampires without stopping, like a firefly in the middle of the night, hitting non-letal parts to leave the more good natured Vampires incapacitated due to her merciful nature, while the stronger and evil ones were bathed in a massive pillar of holy light that turned them to dust.

All the while, her barrier shielded the weak humans from the Vampire's assaut, transforming her into a walking fortress.

The holy element in her attacks, however, that filled the wounds prevented the vampires from healing while their regeneration kept them alive becoming... a torture that makes the vampires understand the cruelty of a holy maiden...

But our kind Saint doesn't need to know that she is now feared by the vampires, and stories about her brutality will be told to scare the young ones who refuse to behave....

"I have to stick to the plan..."

.

.

.

The third was led by what could be described as a walking sea of black flames, which startled the vampires who were used to the 'light' in the night thanks to their night vision and the even brighter light of the day, and that day they realized what a true night was when the entire place was filled with the true darkness brought by her flames.

But that darkness was the start of their 'daymare' but they only realized that when those who were burned or inhaled the smoke produced by the flames were afflicted with dozens of curses, leaving them weakened while the flames feasted on their defenseless bodies.

The most 'merciful' curses were sleep, paralysis, weakening, slowing, confusion, and pain, while the more brutal ones included blood boiling, veins crawler, brain twisting, bone melting, skin thorner, fat igniting, and many... many more... For the vampires who touched it, it became a walking nightmare.

"Come out~, come out~, wherever you are~ "

.

.

.

But it was the fort that made the Vampires despair...

The agony of being preyed on.

Roars of rage, cries for mercy, and wails of the suffering filled the surroundings of the farm, which was in the middle of a hidden city inhabited solely by vampires.

The entire place was filled with a moving and ever expanding flesh whose sole purpose was to consume the vampires while leaving the terrified faces of their victims on its fleshy walls as if foretelling the next ones what their end would look like.

But that normally wouldn't be a problem because vampires can fly away and use the protection of the sky to defend themselves...

However, not this time.

As soon as a Vampire was wounded, the source of many people's fears began.

That burned and red flesh began to grow from the wounded as if using their so-called vitality and regeneration to fuel its growth, and it quickly began to expand upon them until the victim was completely covered, replaced, and converted into them.

Even their wings were used against their own.

Yet their faces remained amidst the twisted flesh mess, observing and wailing as they attacked their brethren, wounding them and forcing them to repeat the never-ending cycle of assimilation and consumption it expanded just like a plague, it haunted the vampires without rest, growing more excited, bigger, and more threatening with each defeated vampire.

*ROAR!*

"What is that thing!? How can something like that exist? "

.

.

.

They marched from farm to farm, besieging and conquering each one as they marched to the same point to leave the Vampire's territory, adding each saved person to their numbers.

They also received assistance from one of the most powerful farms.

But at the end of the day humans are only so strong and so is their blood, they are the common good that you may find in any stores and the vampires also had those who were worthy to be compared to a professional restaurant of the humans.

Vampires also capture some powerful beasts, Yokais, and even Devils, and anything could be done as long as they could get rich blood from them for the high class vampires, and now those were released from their clutch, adding to their numbers after they were healed, armed, and revitalized, adding more havoc to the chaos that is this night for the vampires as vengeance.

But a faction with great connections, such as Tepes, will not allow such things to happen in their territory because it would ruin their reputation and mark them as incompetent, let alone the fact that they are stealing their food and could do so again, and so they launched their counterattack aided by their new ally.

The hateful monstrosity was held back by purple flames, the holy knights by vampires who weren't afraid of their light, the golems' path was blocked by a dragon, and the unholy maiden was surrounded by vampires.

That is how their counterattack began.

50