70- The Lion King
1.2k 5 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ahmya, my summoner and ally. 

My feelings for him are… complicated.

He gave me a second chance, and a new body accompanied with strength and knowledge but that same ability to change and twist my body and mind is unsettling.

Knowing that it can only be done freely during my summoning gives me a lot of comfort, solving a great part of that unease that I was feeling. 

It's a natural and instinctive reaction to the implications of what he can do with that power, but in the end, he's a good person.

I I knew it the moment I saw how everyone acted around him, free of worries and concerns and simply enjoying themselves.

There were few times when she could feel like that, which is why she left herself to enjoy that dinner, the great smell coming from the kitchen and the wait of an hour smelling it having nothing to do with it. 

All I can say is that he is a good but dangerous individual.

Someone who does not change to fit the world in which he lives, but rather changes the world to fit him...

A great and powerful conviction that has the potential to save the world or to devastate it.

Not enough to change the entire world to fit his perception of what is right, but he will change what he can perceive, especially the safety of his family, which appears to be his main motivation.

He does appear to be someone with a good mind, someone who can make the world a better place, and it's easy to see why.

I've never felt a place as peaceful and bright as the 'Human faction,' which is an accomplishment in and of itself, even if they are only pure and young children who have yet to experience the evil of the world.

Who knows what will happen if adults from the outside world are introduced to that place, but even so, it is priceless.

My daug-... So-... 

It's complex; knowing what happened from a third-person perspective alters how you see things.

The details of how she was used and manipulated while she herself only desired her father's love led me to accept that the tragedy that had been my fate since the day I pulled the sword also affected everyone else.

It was Camelot's, it was our tragic fate not just mine, from the energetic Gareth to the dutiful Lancelot and of course her. 

I want to compensate her for not realizing it sooner.

But now, Mordred, my... child, has never been so open and relaxed as she is with him.

Someone else had already done what was supposed to be my job, including resolving any misunderstandings between us.

That's why I didn't object to the summoning of 'her,' because it wasn't my choice.

Just seeing her accept another person's embrace, laugh, and blush from embarrassment are things that wouldn't be possible if she didn't feel safe in this place, if she didn't open herself to him, and it shows how much he did for her well-being.

He also didn't order or ask for anything unreasonable, to the point where he might let me go if I asked, and while that would help him in some ways since even I know that I will be helping people around the world, losing so much investment in something is never easy to accept but he does.

I'm more of an extra helping hand, which makes me feel odd...

Glad?

Not having such a heavy burden on my shoulders is reassuring, and having a bit of help that is as strong as or stronger than mine is a strange but welcome feeling.

And his culinary skills are amazing. 

He exudes an aura that makes you feel like you can trust him, and I decided to do so for all of these reasons and more.

Perhaps it's because this new life is also thanks to him, or because he could have ended me if he wanted to do so in the first place but I decided to put my trust in him for the mission he assigned to me.

To become the figurehead of the human race.

While this would be simple for her in her previous life, it may not be the case here.

Different races and groups, each with their own ideas, plans, and ideals, will not like having a new variable in their plan and the surge of a new threat like me.

The only thing I can say for certain about him is that he is capable and dependable, the type of ally that any leader would want by his side.

But for the time being, I must concentrate on my responsibilities.

I assumed my Lancer form, wearing my Lion armor and riding my trusted Dun stallion.

One of the many forms and armors that came with my new body, some of which are... questionable.

I don't see why a 'bunny suit' or a battle maid outfit would be useful in any way.

All I can say is that Ahmya thoroughly enjoyed them while Mordred asked.

'Will mine grow as big as hers?' 

Then Ahmya commented that he liked her current form, that she is beautiful the way she is...

Mordred does have a lot of…  competition so she may need some help… 

… 

After visiting the fifth base, I didn't even need to use my weapon.

Ahm was in charge of preventing the enemies from teleporting away, while I, Mordred, and the pair of siblings known as Pendragon in this world were in charge of fighting those who chose to charge at us.

 

Pendragon, Arthur, and Le Fay

A gifted and inquisitive magician, and an equally talented swordsman.

Seems like Excalibur also existed in this world but it's clearly not the same as the one I know. 

I can easily tell even without looking at its complete form. 

This one appears to be the strongest sword that wields 'light,' something that, unlike humanity's 'Glory,' can be broken.

They have the same name, but their concept is completely different because they judge the worth of a swordsman based on their affinity with the light element.

Well, the Pendragon siblings and Mordred, including Ahmya's thousands of fully armed soldiers, used their weapons to put pressure on the only people we were visiting.

The first bases resulted in a battle. The other party casted spells after spellz without pausing for a second lasting for a whole minute before realizing their attack had done nothing while we simply stood there.

Our magical resistance combined with a barrier and enchanted armor rendered their spells ineffective.

They divided their response into two groups: the rash and arrogant who decided to charge at a fully equipped army, resulting in them being beaten and then teleported out of Britain, and the smart and cautious ones.

When they heard me order my troops to advance and destroy their base after the initial proving attack, they surrendered.

At the very least, they pretended to follow the rules; thankfully, Ahmya will take care of that.

I expect less than half of them to be left by the end of the month, if not less.

The good news is that after learning that we are part of the 'Human Faction,' most of the Devil, Yokai, and, strangely, Church-based groups decided to play it safe.

All I have to say is that Ahm did an excellent job of forming alliances.

Following that, there will be minutes of negotiation and explanation of the rules that will be followed in this location.

Minutes of having a spokesperson trembling as he stood in front of us releasing out our aura. 

The rule is a safeguard for normal humans to avoid being used in experiments, and living in populated areas means that those areas are under their care.

This is done to give them a sense of control and autonomy, despite the fact that Ahm will be watching their every move.

The most important aspect is the recognition of a higher authority in the country, as well as the free 'advertisement,' as Ahmya referred to it.

This will attract attention and danger, but by the time they arrive, our castle will have been constructed and reinforced with hundreds of magical spells.

That doesn't mean everything went smoothly; many of them had laboratories and other unpleasant rooms and objects that needed to be dealt with, and we did make an example of the ones who lied to us, but by the fifth, we realized they were too clean.

Seems like they decided to hide the proof of their crimes… 

Even if finding them wasn't difficult thanks to a girl named Kei, it gave them enough time to do it, which we expected.

And so, while the 'normal' world slept, the entire supernatural world of Britain experienced an unexpected change.

While some died that night, many others survived and told their stories to their leaders or friends, alerting the rest of the world to the fact that Britain had a new ruler.

The Lion King.

43