Chapter 2.2 – House of cards
31 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The arrival of Japanese and American officials in the region of the Kingdom of Alervon sparked new waves of conversation beyond the region; word of this undiscovered country spread quickly since it was unanticipated.

 

It would be intriguing to lead the new knowledge nations beyond the fourth and use the Kingdom of Alervon as a stepping stone for other nations. It wouldn't take long for something to arrive and completely destroy it.

 

The white walls of the castle, the green grass that covers its surroundings, and its encircling walls, which shield it from the great beyond, could all be seen from a distance. Malinna Rockwell, secretary of international relations, took a glance around the castle before turning to face her staff. She was uncomfortable the entire trip because she didn't know these folks personally, but she was also excited. She never once described herself as apprehensive during her tenure as the nation's ambassador. 

 

"My God," she muttered, "this has to be the first time for me ever having to get this sensation of dismay towards these people, just wishing it isn't something I should be worried about even more."

 

Malina had made the rest aboard her waggon somewhat agree to her sensation, as this was also the first time that their country would get something like this. 

 

"Well, this isn't something we should worry about; the only thing we should be concerned about is their prerequisite. They say that their simple people can be the most astute ones."

 

"Agreed," one replied, "we should be more vigilant about their concentration, as we couldn't just force them to leave just yet."

 

Minister Malinna and the rest aboard the waggon agreed to have a more welcoming but cautious diplomacy towards these envoys from the unknown nation in the far west. Although this would be a rocky road towards greater opportunity for these people, it does raise the question of whether the dreams she has carried will ever become reality. It would be something of a nightmare to make it transpire, and not even Alervon's allies could do anything to protect this country as a whole.

 

But placing that aside, it would be great to see the true existence of these envoys. Beyond, she gazed over the inner waggons' curtains at the sight of the walls of the white castle.The Palacee Guards and Royal Guards present over the convoy were seen outside, rifles saluting over them, the flag waving above the afternoon sky, the pride-filled malignant heart, and the focus for the mission at hand. The opportunity that would be bestowed as the side doors were grandly opened by the butls at hand, giving an entrance as the malinna went first, looking over to her right to see i.

 

The white castle was as white as her skin and as clear as the blue sky. A beautiful building, and she got down from the waggon with her subordinates following suit, and the rest of the convoyfollowedg many of the officials conveying from the waggon. As everyone got down, Malina and her officials went first, with maidens from the palace lining up quickly; they bowed down as she and her subordinates passed through towards the front door.

 

At the last opening, these two large gateways with Malina glazes creaked open from the opening, revealing two individual men wearing entirely different garments, and the slick design made even the fewer males who wore their formal attire look more like princes than kings. Standing tall, they waited for her arrival. The pins on their collars show the flags that they represent, and yet even the smallest details she could notice right away.

 

The flag of red, white, and blue stripes was presented by a man wearing a blue tie. Begin by patterning it all out, and then you'll have blonde hair. Never had she seen a man like him, and even the fewer men within Alervon couldn't compete with the allure of the representative she was looking at, as the rest, like Malina, quickly took notice of the men they had previously looked at. He was dressed in the same clothes as the man next to him. Despite wearing a red tie and having the appearance of an old man, she appears to be younger than the staff with whom she works in parliament.

 

Aside from their appearance, their formal and welcoming demeanour made her feel secure about the situation. According to the Japanese and American envoys, they were to surprise the envoy party they would meet, as an entire convoy was parked behind theMalinnaa party, and they were quickly added to the team itself. Despite his varied attire, he approached Malinna and greeted her, raising his hand for a formal handshake.

 

"Good to see you, Ms. Malinna. I was told by your fellow representative that you too would arrive."

 

"Pleasure to see you as well, sir! Sir~."

 

"Ambassador Johnson Rockwell, You can call me ambassador or Sir Johnson Rockwell. Your ambassador had visited us earlier, and we had appreciated the place that you had abided by for your arrival."

 

Continuously, both quickly ended their formal greeting, appearing alongside Johnson. The man beside him gazed towards Malinna as he bowed down over her with respect, quickly revealing his hand.:

 

"Ms. Malinna!"  He calls in. "I'm ambassador Tenjo Makiru, representative of the rising sun of Japan, or just Japan, as many call my country."

 

Ambassador Tenjo Makiru, as Malinna heard when he was introduced, shows more formal respect than Ambassador Johnson."

 

Ambassadors enjoy making displays of more eloquent respect than Ambassador Johnson, although both having a formal arrival for their envoys shows that these people least aren't barbari.ns, Furthering from the introduction, Malina asks Johnson:

 

"Well, I do know that both you, Sir Johnson, and Sir Tenjo had met with Mister Sheridan, yes?"

 

"Very much so!" Johnson replied, "She will join us shortly. Once everyone behind you, Ms. Malianna, got down and joined us later for a dinner, we would have to thank the house master here and its staff who had prepared for us. Would you care kindly to join us for this dinner?"

 

The offer from Johnson had pleased Malianna. "We would like that!" She replied, following after gazing behind to see the rest of the envoys getting off from their waggons and a few behind her waiting for the next move for their plans to join dinners with the representatives of these unknown nations. With the clear motivation of these people havingn't been conveyed, Marianna would have to wait a bit before Queen Savannah and Princess Elizabeth could be able to meet these people. As the time ticked from the Grandclock behind, as many lined up behind them, Ambassador Johnson and Ambassador Tenjo both smiled as they turned around, with Marianna following alongside them, many presume.

 

  • • • • 

 

10 kilometres away from the island of ienaro.  A day before the Central Civilization Conference.

 

3:43 PM 

 

ARN Wunderle, 2nd Royal Fleet Squadron

 

The raindrop fell aboard the deck of the vessel, the sails flew towards the west from the helm's direction, and endless dark clouds filled the sky. Nothing to see but the dark clouds of the storm made it difficult for the crew aboard to make it to the island of Jienaro, yet the sailors aboard ARN Wunderle all remained calm as a squadron of more than five vessels in formation moved down from this precipitation.

 

The view from the strong storm outside showed that Queen Savannah was safe within her quarters. Cramed yet fashionable for a royal noble like herself, the constant movement The ship was necessitated but she wasn't bothered, writing down a letter to be sent back to the Royal palace lit only with a yellow light, and the feeling of nausea from the ship made it quite a trip for the queen.

 

She wrapped up the draft of the letter with a marker of the queen's crest on the cover of the latter itself, as the red wax was immediately covered by this detail, indicating it is from the Savannah herself. ImmediaImmediately,ts up and walks over to the door hdoor,ng over the letter to the sailor.

 

"Hand this to the courier" 

 

The sailor nodded before handing her a letter itself, with Savannah gazing to see if it was from the foreign ministry.

 

"My apologies, your Highness, I was waiting for your appearance before I could knock on your door."

 

Queen Savannah understood, taking the letter from the sailor's hands, she looked back, closing the door once more as she placed the letter on the table not before she prepared herself some tea for this afternoon's trip. As she made tea, the queen wondered about the current situation back at Sollan, knowing that without their queen to take control of the task of meeting the unknown flying object, getting intelligence from this distance would be a issue. Far from her home, it wasn't ideal yet, she was confident that her ministers would do everything to maintain order. At last, the whistles from the kettle made her end these endless thoughts as she went over to pour some down on her teacup.

 

Placing the tea down beside the letter, she takes a sip to look over two letters, one from the official parliament and one from the representative of the Artesian Empire. The Artesian Empire? It seems that they are wanting something; never had she gotten a letter from their representatives, or worse, never received anything other than Prince Gourmet, the current king of the Artesian Empire.

 

She takes a first look at the letter given from the parliament, and it seems that Sheridan had something to report, her eyes to see that it was from Sheridan herself.

 

“Your Majesty!” 

 

Earlier we had made contact with the flying unknown object that had landed on the air base close by with nothing of an issue being set out, and we would like to inform you that there were contained individuals within the flying objects who had set out to seek our nation, as they are a representative from the nations they call "Japan and the United States of America," as they saw our nation as having many opportunities and that was the main reason for their arrival to the land with nothing to ask. With that, your Majesty, I, Sheridan, will be taking responsibility and continuing the talks with these two ambassadors. Take care, your Majesty, at the conference.  

 

Sighing in relief, Savannah was least happy to hear that it wasn't something worse and knew that this was something far greater to learn with the stories about the unknown nations whose ancestors talked many times about the people beyond aiding the weak within this cruel world. Believe it or not, she wondered what they would do once they had returned. It would be ideal to bring the talks to having Alervon be capable of being industrialized even further.

 Wasdfawdadawaw1 asdadaw 

Continuing further, she looks to the second letter from the Artesian empire; it seems that it was from the further ambassador who left Alervon five years prior, and she wonders why he would send a letter now despite not being in contact since the great purge given by the Prince Gourmet. She has also noticed the letter has more sharp details, and the mark of royal status signifies its importance, which made Savannah hesitate to read it.

 

Yet she understands this is something important but likely related to the marriage between Gourmet and her only daughter, something that is not conclusive for her to take, and she takes a closer look.


"Your Majesty, Queen Savannah."

 

I have given this letter to know that I appreciate the collaboration between our two forces before Prince Gourmet had taken leverage over the parliament I for one was considered a political Judas and I'm sending you this letter as a warning for the storm that will strike over the capital Sollan, I for one will likely not gonna survive as prince gourmet was enraged for my failings for not abilities to have an arrangement of the union between the prince and your daughter. As that is my reason for the departure of my entire representatives who once had stayed over at the capital, as this I give you a blessing and ill tell you this to be sure to keep your daughter safe as from this writing they are a likely a chance that artesian empire will invade Alervon two months or even now. )

The letter of a final warning is something she anticipates from the former ambassador. Poor bastard is likely already dead putting down this letter after being mailed to this ship with the warnings revealing the true extent of the situation between both nations. It would be ideal to have a military mutual pact with the ambassadors who arrived at their nation and increase their military technologies.

 

yes, it was ideal to do, knowing that possibilities from these people would give them insight into their foreign affairs difficulties and prevent their small nation from being invaded. Taking for granted if they would proceed on doing so, with that in mind she glanced over at the deck and writes over a draft to reply with her request to deter any issues between alervon and these ambassadors, a few hours from now she would reach the conference allowing that the waters are becoming calmer as the time passes seeing that a change will appear over the horizon.

 

  • • • •

 

Sea of Japan. 

 

"Contact! One!" 

 

After exactly a month of waiting in silence, the Japanese Navy rejoiced as they were let off the hook as they planned out moves around the surrounding region near Alveron. As talks with the Alveron government regarding Japan's territorial waters converging with their own have finally come to a close on both ends, many Japanese vessels, big and small, roam Japanese waters freely. One of them being the JN Shimakaze, a training vessel deployed, alongside her sisters of the 3rd Carrier Task Force 

 

---- 

 

Former Sea of Japan, 23 km from Japan

JS Shimakaze

was displaced from the 3rd Anti submarine Destroyer Squadron.

15:24 Hours.

 

Captain Itami Yoshi stood silently on the Shimakaze's bridge. As they steadily ventured out into the ocean, they gazed at the beautiful waves and glistening waters from the sun. The ships of the 3rd Carrier Task Force accompanied them, including their flagship, the JS ‘Kaga’,the second ship of the helicopter carrier class ‘Izumo'. He took the time to shuffle over the documents that littered the control panels next to him, reviewing each piece of information, vital to their current mission and obligation while at sea. He turns to his XO, which was a middle aged woman, mid 40’s. She too was taken away by the sight in front of them, not trying to ruin the moment for her, he lightly tapped on the shoulder, drawing her attention away from the window. 

 

"Yes?", the XO said. 

 

Itami said, "Working blind around the ocean is getting to be frustrating." "Few of our GPS or guidance systems are accurate or functioning,"  

 

The XO said, "Nothing we can really do about it, cap." "Since the transferee incident, only half of the system has been operational." 

 

Our soldiers have already apprehended the Jermisha lady, but high-command continues to ignore us after more than a month has passed. 

 

The XO said, "Captain, we work with what we have right now." 

 

"I guess so." Itami shrugs. 

 

The XO quietly changed the subject, "Say, I heard Takahashi's new policies will effectively put us in a slightly better position than America is currently in." 

 

Itami said, "I mean, that's great news. But what about the policies' effect on the military? We already went through enough cuts and project cancellations back in 2016 since he took office." 

The XO understands Itami's reactions to Takahashi's new regulations and reforms. She was well aware that Itami had been in the Navy for 30 years, rising through the ranks. And she had the impression that this was personal for the captain himself, as he watched the navy and the military grow in front of him, and learning the gears and cogs of the higher military echelon was no easy task.

 

"I've seen countless politicians come and go Wwithpromises of improving our capabilities and modernizing our ways of how we respond to global shifts in conflicts. But it always ends up being a bluff." Said Itami. 

 

"Do you think Takahashi can pull through?" 

 

"I mean, if he was able to pull our country from falling into starvation and chaos, then my hopes are high." Said Itami as he looked back at the sea in front. 

 

“Captain! We’ve spotted 3 vessels 4 knots away from our position!” The voice of his lieutenant called out from his XO’s back. 

 

“4 knots away? You mean, our radar is back online?” Said Itami, who was surprised to see them back up and working.

Yes, captain! Even our weapons guidance systems are functioning as intended.” The lieutenant replied. 

 

He moves up to where the lieutenant is standing, impressed by the moment. To his astonishment, the radar and satellite feeds were functioning properly. Displaying real-time movements of adjacent vessels. However, towards the horizon, where the screen meets the metallic panel walls, there are 3 white dots with no indicator to distinguish it from the other ships. Curious, he asks the lieutenant. “When did this start to work?” 

 

“Erm, a few minutes ago? Before it was just a blank screen,” the lieutenant replied.

“Hm. And what about that?” Itami pointed at the white dot on the horizon. 

 

“The unidentified vessels. appear to be moving at a slow pace and it doesn't seem to pose a significant threat, besides intruding on our waters.” 

 

“Alright. Relay this to the rest of the fleet. Hopefully we can intercept this before it gets any closer to us.” 

 

Yes, sir,” the lieutenant responded as he walked back to a group of sailors. 

 

Itami walks back to the front of the bridge, closely followed by the XO. He turns around to look at the female XO. "Radio the fleet and inform them that our radar has been restored and that it has detected 3 vessels steaming towards us. Get it done quickly."

 

“Yes sir.” Said the XO as she walked away. 

Itami returns his gaze to the Helmsman, who is poised to take Itami's orders. "Turn her to the port side. We're not going to take any chances. We're intercepting them."

 

"Aye, aye, Captain!" says the captain. The Helmsman replied.

 

1