Chapter 3.1 – Artesian Empire
48 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
  • • • • • 

Sea of the Continent Regional 3, 1st Aetesian Empire Imperial Fleet 

November 17, 1773.

 

7:23 PM

 

Flagship A.I.N Victorian 

 

1 Day before the arrival of the Artesian Empire representative

 

..

 

The heavy sea storms rained down on the large fleet, many of which were made of steel, a revolutionary technique given to them by the nations beyond the 5th civilization. The sea beyond, the clouds in layers of dark blue, and the rain crashed towards the flagship. Overseeing the vessels of the 1st Imperial Fleet, The captain looks beyond the harsh environment safe inside the bridge of the three large ironclad battleships, and the second-in-command officer beside him gives out a rough estimate.

"We'll arrive at the Island of Jienaro within seven hours."

The officer replied, and the captain glanced towards him and said, "Good, inform the prince about this. He should be tired from this voyage."

"Ay Captain," the officer saluted, and he immediately left the bridge, heading down in the vessel. The living space of the ship wasn't something for first-class travel; nothing but dim yellow light could be seen. The tight hallways and the many manholes as he passed through each in each direction towards the admiral quarters, for whom the prince slept comfortably in this harsh climate.

 

Passing through the sailors and maidens of the ship, she arrived in front of the Bunk door shortly after the officer knocked. Shortly, the bunk opens, with the maiden behind bowing down as the officer reaches inside the admiral's quarters.

 

The room was dimly lit; the maidens inside all stood quietly; nothing but the sound of the silver utensils could be heard; and the chattering of the finest Whores spoke as the man at the centre relished on the table. 

 

"Honestly, I expected the Prep Meals here to be shit. But honestly... This is the best by far of any I have eaten from the Royal Palace."

 

The young prince spoke while he chewed; the dinner he took was somewhat delectable compared to any he had taken. A compliment that should be taken into heart, but only the maidens and the Whores could hear this remark. Standing in masquerade towards the prince, the prince shortly after notices the officer in front waiting for his response.

"What brings you here, officer?"

Standing still, he was gazing towards Prince Gourmet XVth, the Last of the ruling princes and eventually the soon-to-be emperor of the Aetesian empire, greater than any that existed. Within their continent, feasting down on red wine and the Best Meals served by the ships' cooks, it was a surprise that a guest would appear from the Main bridge deck.

 

Replying after this long pause, he quickly pulls out a letter.

"We are just three hours from reaching the portion; permission has already been granted, and the expectation for arrival should be around the Next morning, my lord."

Pleased by the good news, the prince snaps his fingers, and immediately after, a maiden beside the officer walks towards him, carrying a tray with a red wine bottle as she pours one towards the officer.

"Maybe this is our celebratory reward, as greater things will be foreseen upon our arrival."

Gourmet hailed, and the officer and the prince soon after jugged down their red wine. The prince smiled, and the maidens sat. The officer was very delighted, yet he wondered if it would be more fitting for the Captain's congressional celebration. Given the officer's being given this smile as he salutes, not before leaving the admiral's quarters to return post to the bridge,

Gourmet gazes towards his Right-Hand man; among the individual ones, he stands tall as his markings and symbols differ from most branches that serve on the Aetesian empire: three yellow stripes and the medal of the Golden Victoria Reward from serving the empire for years upon years. The Artesian Empire's top military intelligence officer, Caspian Draco, noticed his gaze towards him and replied as such.

 

"My lord?"

 

He asks, to which the Regime is somewhat quiet to reply, but after so fully concluding his dinner, he takes over and gazes towards the maidens and his caretakers. A snap from his fingers made the maids move the whores to the other room, and given privacy, so too did the rest of the staff leave, leaving nothing but him and the rest of the parliament staff to remain.

 

...

 

Moment of silence for the high-ranking officials gazing towards Prince Gourmet. He finishes his red wine and places it away before looking over towards director Caspian Draco. 

 

"By dawn, we will be arriving at the ports of the Island of Jienaro. Having said that, your spies have reported that they have encountered Alervon royal ships at the bay on the Port of Jienaro... I wonder how come I wasn't informed of their invention towards the conference."

 

 In his bitter words, the prince was upset by the fact that it would be likely Queen Savannah who prevented the political arrangement of marriage between Prince Gourmet and Princess Elizabeth. For him, he wasn't too sure as well; this was just recent news, and he wondered how he could at least prevent the prince from raging over from the oakwood finishing table...

"Late communication, My lord." Draco replied, "Our spies took them a few hours before we got ahold of the information about their arrival, as they too reported that they didn't see any major figures other than Queen Savannah."

"Ah yes, Queen Savannah the XIth." Gourmet muttered, "Words had spread a week prior when they had encountered a nation called the United States and another nation called Japan. Furthermore, recent industrialization has made us more than just primitives."

"Certainly somewhat surprising to see them advancing in a rapid paste. Likely the influence of the Superpowers from the third civilization and the countries such as the Aisha dynasty are more willing to share technology information for resources and other materials that some nations are to have."

 

"My best guess, and the information given from our intelligence units, is that Queen Savannah may attend to expand her capabilities for the alervon itself."

From the information gathered from Caspian Draco, Prince Gourmet was disappointed that Princess Elizabeth wasn't able to marry him due to the recent events that Alervon had somewhat gotten hold of. A strong alliance was formed, with Queen Savannah being a stubborn old woman who saw anything as a threat from her viewpoint, believing that anything could repeat. Just how come The United States and Japan somewhat prevented them from being ruled over?

 

Nothing they could conclude would be answered immediately. Figuring that the political opinions of the Alervon parliament are far different from the ones that are controlled by the loyal subordinates, who were given a greater opportunity after the 'Great Purge' to see things changing on short notice, it would be more logical to Step up or end up failing to become a superpower.

 

"We shall Process other projects alongside those Jylonians... From what I heard from the military parliament, they have managed to strike a deal to receive those firearms and aircraft."

 

"Indeed, my lord. The newer Mark 1691 Machine guns and M1734 Fighter aircraft will be processed and should arrive this month or within a week or two. I suggest speaking with March Remington, from what I heard. Not only is he attending this Conference further, but he is also the one permitting 3rd civilization-made weapons to be able to be used by our forces."

 

"I would like to give my congratulations to March Remington. Having him allow our forces to be generously conferred from one of the examples of modern weaponry would make me very grateful; having that alervon so too would likely do the same idea but in a more sail way, if you can say that."

 

It wouldn't take a smart guy to figure out that Alervon is very much preparing for the invasion of their homeland. The main issue for the Aetesian forces is the lack of transport and the supporting warships with which they could support the landing ground troops. Worse, military planners reckoned it would take them 4 months before they could thoroughly have an entire force landed and a battle that would last at least another 3 months to have fully annexed the continent of Alervon. Wars are expensive and Gruesome at best, which made Prince Gourmet wonder how he could finish this in under a week if he could manage.

 

It seems that there are plenty of options for him to take; it wouldn't be much of an issue if he had not purged many of the old Imperial Generals that his father had passed down for him to seek over the military. Knowing that this wouldn't be much of a breeze, it would be more effortless for him to understand Alervon so they could fully take on Alervon. The fate has been sealed. Gaping from the Porthole to see the dark, endless ocean, it seems it is better to take his rest for the upcoming event, knowing that big things will appear for him.

[ • • • • • • ]

 

White Palace of the Jienaro Island, Island of Jienaro, Aisha Dynasty 4th Regional Conference

The gathering became more crowded as the continual speaking and offering of beverages continued throughout the night. The arrival of the Jylonian diplomats increased the room's crowdedness as some of the event's top visitors emerged, all greeted with smiles and prolonged discussions.

 

Both groups were laughing as they indulged in wine handcrafted by the locals of Jienaro Island. On the other hand, the Jylonian diplomats graciously embraced Ambassador Senaero Kim's welcome. It was quite open to a broader alliance for the Jylonian diplomat. She was commonly recognised as a top student who knew different world cultures and people, making her a strong choice for this event.

 

"We appreciate this event, Ambassador Senaero; we may consider moving forward by increasing our presence within the fourth civilization, as we are very interested in expanding infrastructure and allowing our caravans to obtain jobs and tasks for your country."

 

The ambassador applauded the Great revelation. "Thank you very much, Ambassador Caroline Yarrow." Our Emperor will be overjoyed with this new intelligence, as we are more than willing to allow your soldiers to establish a military base within our continent once Jylonian influence grows great enough to distract even the first civilization. Please allow us to cheer at this Celebratory event, and we may drink this victory!"

 

They all raised their wine cups; the sight of the dark blood-red wine was stunning, and at an event like this, both Ambassador Caroline Yarrow and Ambassador Senaero Kim gulped their wine as they both shook their hands for the final time. As Queen Savannah appeared from the gathering behind them, gazing from Caroline's shoulders. Senaero notices and excuses herself as Caroline turns around to see Ambassador Senaero Kim holding her palm and handing her over to Caroline.

 

Caroline looked at the woman in her late 30s, her white hair, a crown adorned with the finest jewellery, and a dress whose smooth silk would make even their less skilled tailors envious. With an arm brand indicating royalty from the culture of the fifth continent. Senaero finally smiles and casts an elegant glance at Caroline.

 

“Please allow me to introduce the 5th civilization-raising top nation, which is currently striving to become the next superpower. This is Queen Savannah Merilyn, the Alervon Kingdom's VIth current queen.”

 

The white, lovely clothing, the shining jewellery, and the excellent curves that the dress bared over the queen of Alervon were all breathtaking. She was relatively quiet. 'Gifted women?' said the ambassador, deeply struck by his first impression. The dark hazel tint of her hair and the crown she wore made it easy to think she was the queen of the Alervon realm, knowing that first impressions count. She bows before Queen Savannah out of respect for tradition.

 

"Your Highness," she says, taken aback by the monarchy's reverence for formal rituals. Savannah was taken aback at first, knowing that the regions of the third civilization had shed numerous monarchy constitutions in favour of more democratically elected ones.

 

 “Please, you may raise," she replied, which she achieved, gazing over at Savannah's sharp gaze. The ambassador holds the hand of the monarch, kissing as she introduces herself.

 

"I'm a delegate of the Country from the 3rd civilization. My name is Caroline Yarrow, a representative and ambassador of the Aisha dynasty. I would be grateful to learn about your arrival."

 

Savannah was persuaded by the Ambassador's introduction that reverence had not given her as much respect until now. Opportunities could be seen by Ambassador Caroline. It was said numerous times before her travels that having an ally that controls both ocean straits and onward to the rest of the Pacific Ocean could benefit both parties As the region of the 5th civilization wasn't fully explored, lands further beyond were told even by the natives of the 4th civilization that they were controlled by the Aetesian Empire or the remains of the Holy Empire's formal foreign colonies.

 

Neither less, it appears that it fully went smoothly as she predicted, yet concerned about this formal welcome, standing beside Caroline was the second representative of the Jylonian delegates, March Remington, who, despite not being brought on to the conference, was only invited upon hearing of the Upcoming imperial prince. With an expression of both trouble and bothered looks, simply tabbed over and had Caroline look back at him Caroline, seeing this idiomatic move, tries to make a word, but Remington cuts her off.

 

 “Caroline, what the hell are you doing?"

 

Remington loudly whispered, and Caroline was confused and completely dumbfounded.

"What do you mean?" she replied.

"What are you doing with the Queen of Alervon?" 

"I'm Welcoming the majesty..."

The words had Remington stunned; either Caroline doesn't know or she is accomplishing something.

 

"This isn't the damn moment for this Caroline! Stop whatever you're doing!"

 

Caroline gaped at him with confusion and utter suckiness, pleading in front of the queen with a low manner of retort, which made the ambassador completely infuriated.

 

"What the fuck are you even on about?"

 

"You know that the Alervon kingdom will get invaded by the Aetesian empire, you know that right?.. And you are welcoming a Majesty who will contact our country to reinforce against a nation that is selling weapons too!"

"Weapons?" Caroline was surprised; not even her top ambassador, part of the Secretary of Foreign Affairs, was until now aware of the unfaithful truth. 

"Since when did we start selling weapons to the Aetesians?" she asked. Remington gazed at her face, his expression both alarmed and perplexed. He was hesitant to reply, but it was better to speak up for anything that went south.

"Since the first contact with the 4th civilization, they appeared at the first regional conference, and we have been selling weapons to those people since."

"Shit…."  Caroline muttered that this was something of shocking news, as she didn't even expect that the Artesian empire had been purchasing weapons from her own country, and not only that their potential ally would be very much invaded by the nation they have been selling to. She was stunned and completely deep into her thoughts; her mind was rapid. 'What should she do?' Caroline thought to herself that attempting to abandon them would lead to them having the Artesian invade the Alervon Kingdom, and her seeing the monopoly of having a camp on the 5th continent would reduce it significantly.

 

Yes, the Artesians may be able to aid in permitting the Jylons to do so, but they will most likely expect things that they are unable to do, which is frustrating given that the Aetesians are now their trade partners. Remington, being the little rat, is aware that I am representing my function as an ambassador to Alervon to avoid any minor potential exchanges because his weapons dealer is likely to drop

 

Caroline sighed in disbelief at Remington. "My god, you're such an idiot," she utters towards him, yet Remington stares back at her slightly dumbfounded face, making it appear he hadn't gotten the memo.

"If you had ties with your dad and your family line of selling weapons to mercenaries or warlords in some region that is hell on Zetta, then I would gladly do so. But Remington would kindly want you to stay back. Your unmannered and disrespectful behaviour will not make a good first impression on the Majesty of Averon.” 

The spectacle on the lookout for the Remington had hinted that this would be a serious concern for the young man. Caroline glances away as a negative response to her apologising for the late report has Remington irritatedly staring back at them. Smiling and exchanging pleasantries. 

'Tsk, Bitch doesn't know what she is doing.' 

As he speaks negatively to Caroline and Queen Savannah, he pipes his comments under his lips. If Prince Gourmet ever arrives, any future weapon trade with the Artesian Empire will be ruined. At the moment, it appears that it was thought that it would be best for him to at least operate as a representative until the arrival of the Prince himself. Perhaps he could accomplish something far more adequate afterwards.

The thought of Remington and Caroline was cut short. As one of the Rotarians emerged from the doors, it was announced loudly, "The Rotarians have arrived!" Guests were heard merrily applauding. Majestic, they were removed. The main character was a woman with a big, dragon-like horn on her head. Her stature made her appear much larger than any of the ballet's tallest males. Her heels made it to the top of the stance, and as her lovely hair flowed as she entered centre stage, the fleet's admiral and her second delegate escorted her...

Welcome, Ambassador Evelin Macross!"

She smiled to the crowd, "Thank you!", appearing elegantly as many praised her for her appearance and being the ambassador of not only the largest currently active empire but also the most Influential Nation to hail from. 

"Her beauty is so gorgeous."

"My word! Her height!"

The words Remington could hear had wonder; he was surprised that Jylonian hasn't reached this much influence despite the rapid activities approving of them to have that much influence, and yet even with their fantastic progression within the 4th continent for the past five years, the impact is enough for them to comprehend the Jylon republic persuasion. Only the Aisha dynasty would notice their effect, likely because their more democratic ideology is less preferred to a more constitutional monarchy.

 

From a few metres away from the main podium, holding a Goblet filled with red wine, her escorts and Queen Savannah gaze towards Ambassador Evelin Macross, with Caroline alongside them as she too holds onto a glass filled with wine.

"May the rumours be true that the Rostaria empire's delegate ships had docked over at the bay? I may have seen their ship, but I have never seen such a large vessel like it."

 

Queen Savannah let out a sigh as Caroline gazed at her with a raised brow. "Hmm?" she replied, as Savannah continued:

"That ship docked over at the bay. What is that class of ship?"

Although she was not close to a window to look down on the Town's bay and the ship that had Savannah's compliments, she quickly took a hint.

"Ah, reckoning the technological divergence from the holy empire, what you are referring to is the battleship that Evelin Macross got off from?"

"I see… So that's a battleship? I've never seen such a vessel with so many large guns on it. Even my nation is building a battleship, but to the extent to which it has those,"

The first time she realised the Alervon kingdom could construct a battleship This would imply that there has been some technical improvement in comparison to the majority of the nations on the fifth continent. Given her increased understanding that the 5th civilization isn't some barbaric savages from the Holy Empire, she talked about whose battleship class she was referring to. Caroline doesn't know; she's a foreign affairs ambassador, not a weapons entrepreneur. It is best to question Remington about this, or the bastard has an opportunity to advertise their weaponry if he so desires. The Son of Bitch instructed her not to speak with Queen Savannah. It made her wonder why she had brought him with her in the first place.

"It's good to know that your nation is more than just primitives; according to the information we gathered from the 4th civilization, the 5th civilization is mostly occupied by primitive nations, and the Artesian Empire is the most advanced superpower from that continent."

"Somewhat true, but not at all, Caroline." "Our nation had far more early capabilities, allowing our nation to rapidly modernise and take advantage of the Aisha dynasty's and nations from the far continent's assistance, as trade is a key factor in what makes my nation build up so quickly," Savannah responded.

"These plans could be engulfed by the Aetesian empire; it's getting worse, and even my parliament is making plans to prevent things from getting worse, as recent actions from the Artesian empire's current emperor, Prince Gourmet, planning a large-scale operation to invade the Alervonial Continent because my refusal to allow him to marry my daughter has changed them for the worse."

Caroline was largely stunned when she discovered, "The Aetesians' empire invaded Alervon?" This is unfortunate. As it has the potential to undermine any plans allowing them to take over the 5th civilization, and now that the news has revealed the actual nature of Alervon's relationship with the Aetesian empire,

 

 'No wonder why.'

 

She pondered upon it, immediately realising why Remington wanted her to avoid any political squabbles between Jylon and Alervon because he was afraid the Aetesian empire would invade Alervon! Surprisingly, she returned her gaze to Remington's. He stood on the other side of her, a little further away, merrily conversing with the other delegates while drinking with them. 'that son of a bitch!' Caroline soon realises, 'From what she had learned previously, he only came because he knew Prince Gourmet would attend the party, and now, if anything, this would be brought up to Queen Savannah, and she would consider her country a threat if not an enemy.

"I'm very horrified to hear that, your majesty. For your country to be threatened by war, even my nation wouldn't be keen on watching on the sidelines."

"I'm very aware of that, and we need all the help we can get for this, Ambassador Caroline. With recent reports that the Artesian are being supplied by another nation of sorts, as they began having so-called Automatic weapons and rifles and something called an 'Ironbird' from Unknown sources, we managed to intercept them. We don't know if it's a Thurmifiman empire or the Aisha dynasty. Still, even Ambassador Senaero Kim said they haven't been sending weapons, knowing of the alliance between Alervon and the Aidha dynasty."

 

'Crap' A single moment of expressing the truth could lead to her demise. Alervon had recently discovered via Alveron's interception that Jylons and possibly Remington had been selling guns for far longer than she had realised, and having this guilt feel like it was tripping over her head was the unpleasant climax. "How could she put a stop to the sale of weapons between Jylon and the Artesian Empire?" Even those in Congress who are opposed to blocking any progress are becoming increasingly vociferous.

 

Even if the truth is told, something of a miracle came to them just a week ago, as Savannah takes a sip from the goblet as she gazes over towards the Rostarian diplomats belaying their speech.

“Recently, things have changed in our nation; a week ago, something of a Miracle occurred. An aircraft like nothing I had seen before was reported to land on our airbase and uncontestedly enter our air sacs to bring word that they are from another world."

Caroline looked over at the savannah, perplexed. Was she drinking something? This prattling coming out of nowhere for her to speak that a country emerged with aeroplanes that even her own country had created, strangely, could pique the interest of ladies as she forced her to continue. 

"Their attire was similar to yours, and the words they spoke were in English, and the lands they mentioned, as well as the country itself, were on the continent beyond my country's or even the Artesian Empire's continent." They said that their nation had advanced and had arrived to establish peace relations and even an alliance, which provided me with numerous opportunities from the moment I saw the apparatus on which they landed."

Caroline was perplexed by Queen Savannah's serenity as she listened to the story; it was challenging for her to present this report to her even if her people would not accept it, even if the poorest of the classes perceived it as a hoax. Regardless of her beliefs, circumstances involving the transfer of countries have occurred on multiple occasions. Caroline casts a glance to the other side of the Conference room, where she notices the remaining diplomats, including Bastanian diplomats Amanda Jensen and Erik Bjorn. According to the words, the State of Bastan was originally a nation that was relocated due to unanticipated consequences.

But why do so few people recognise that nations and huge empires may be transferred? The infamous empire of the first civilization was securely established after the great purge, which killed many of the population within this world they call home, and many people still don't believe her, asking how she could comprehend Savannah.

"The names of the countries that they called themselves?"

Caroline inquired, to which Queen Savannah merely replied with a smile.

"the land of the free and the people who prided the country itself with red, white, and blue, the United States of America, and the second nation before it, the land of the rising sun, Japan."

Despite taking Savannah's words with a grain of salt, Savannah's curiosity about the ambassador intensified, and yet she saw more potential for the Jylon Republic to see this Alervon itself in the future. Caroline had nothing to say because it would be prudent for her not to speak from her mind and to keep it brief. Caroline excuses herself as Evelin Macross's lecture comes to a close.



“I thank you for this, your highness; for that, I excuse myself, as I would like to get another drink.”

 


As Caroline goes through the crowd, Savannah simply nods, cutting herself off from the third diplomat, Earl M. Raven. The third Jylon diplomat, standing among the rest of the audience observing the speech, taps his shoulder to draw his attention as he stares in his direction and emerges as Caroline.

"Alervon speaks about the transfer; they encountered new world countries."

Earl Raven stepped away from the crowd, going for the nearest exit, and the man simply nodded. With him gone, she watched the speech as well, hoping to experience the greatness of this country and believing that history would be altered for the better.

0