Chapter 31: Kand (1)
53 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Job is now Profession

It's a bird! it's a plan!

Nope!

It's your friendly neighborhood Tim. 

Haha 😂 

Anyway, before I continue with the following chapters let me first give you a rundown of the central continent.  

So the part of Cornith the story currently takes place in is actually known as West Cornith and is separated from Esat Cornith by what is known as The Viel which will be explored and explained later in the story.

Not only that, but these two regions of Cornith exist only on the Positive side of the world, with the "Demon God's" body being sealed on the negative side. This will also be explored and explained later in the story.

The gravity is one-hundred times that of Earth, and it is extremely rich in Origin Qi allowing life forms to thrive in a world wherein we would be crushed to death.

The central continent accounts for approximately twenty percent of the landmass of West Cornith which is pretty substantial considering that West Cornith is around 100,000 times the surface area of Earth and fifty percent of it is land. 

It is surrounded by two oceans and two seas. The North Atlantic Ocean to the North, The East Atlantic to the west, the West Blue Sea to the east, and the Tranquil Sea to the south.

The continent is shaped similarly to a goat with its head turned back as if looking behind it.

The ass points east and its head is oriented north.

Just off the North coast (it's back) sits three rather large islands known as the Quite Islands.

(Going forward the only dungeons mention are those Ranked SSS and higher, based not on size but danger level.)

(Ranks for Dungeons, Quests, Items, and Equipment and Adventurers are as follows in descending order; Transcendent, Divine, World, Legendary, Ancient, SSS, SS, S, A, B, C, D, E, F. These Ranks are used outside of Cornith as well as they were first introduced to the Cornith by beings Summoned too it from other Realms.)

In between its legs is a medium-sized island known as the Silent Island, surrounded by Tranquil Gulf which leads out to the Tranquil Sea.

Off the eastern coast are the Broken Whale islands, which resemble a while sliced down the middle longways.

To the far east is the western half of the Mirth Islands.

To the west is a long chain of islands known as the Radiant Islands.

The Radiant Islands are shaped like a half-unrolled fruit by the foot, with its tip being just off the coast of the goat's head, and the rest of it being angled southwest away from the continent.

Along the western side of the continent lies along very rich and exuberant forest encompassing around twenty percent of the continent, stretching down from the head of the goat to the bottom of its front foot.

The forest encompasses three Dungeons, The Elven Empire/Forest, a city-state Kent, as well as half of the territory of both Western Zeln and the Vulerian Dynasty. 

The foot is occupied by an Expansion Type Dungeon known as the Dark Forest. 

The Dark Forest shares its northern border with The Elven Forest and the Vulerian Dynasty.

The Vulerian Dynasty is further inland than The Elven Forest with the latter stretching further north.

The Vulerian Dynasty Shares its northern border with Western Zeln, its northeastern border with the region previously known as Morgana's Labyrinth and its eastern border with the Brimstone Empire.

The Elven Forest shares its northeastern border with the expansion-type dungeon Iris, and its eastern border with Kent, the fortress-type dungeon Gumdrop, and Western Zeln.

Kent is situated between Iris and Western Zeln.

Contained in the northern region of The Elven Forest is the fortress-type dungeon Darkfall.

As previously said the Brimstone Empire shares its western border with the Vulerian Dynasty. 

It shares its northwest border with the former expansion-type dungeon Morgana's Labyrinth, its northern border with Eastern Zeln and the Vail Empire, and its south and southeastern border with the expansion-type dungeon Forest of Eternal Night.

South of the Forest of Eternal Night is the Yverian Empire.

The Yverian empire contains a Dungeon known as The Mage's Tower and shares its eastern border with the expansion-type dungeon Mint's Lab, and its capital city is contained in an expansion-type dungeon Quiet Forest.

Eastern Zeln shares its western border with Western Zeln, its southwest border with Morgana's Labyrinth, its southern border with the Brimstone Empire, and its eastern border with the Vail Empire.

The Vail Empire shares its northeast border with the fortress-type dungeon Water's Edge.

Kand is a Fortress City/Citadel located in Western Zeln in the vicinity of the northwest border of Morgana's Labyrinth.

That should be everything I need to tell you for now.

Seeing as that is the case, I should probably get back to telling the story.

Where was I again...?

Oh yeah, David was headed toward Kand.

(P.S. Keep in mind that the "Mainland" is flat with an expansive void filled with the countless astral bodies that adorn the Firmament.)

***

David and his compatriots arrived in the vicinity of the fortress city after around forty-five minutes of flight.

They then underwent the process of entering the city and made their way to one of the higher-end Inns located near the city center.

Once there they booked a suite with enough rooms and made a beeline for it.

Once they arrived at the suite and everyone had been assigned a room and parted ways to get settled in David looked over at Aurelia who had stayed behind and spoke, "Get everyone squared away and remind them that they have five days of downtime. After that, we leave for Iris."

Aurelia nodded in understanding and went to track everyone down to relay the information.

Having been left alone he made his way to his own room where he got undressed before entering the attached bathroom and started running a bath using the complementary bubble bath.

As he waited for the bathtub to fill, he dectivated his human transformation and activated a partial transformation into his True Dragon Form.

He then partially unfurled his wings before he looked himself over in one of the full-length mirrors.

In this form, he had charcoal grey skin, four crystalline horns that were milky white in color with multicolored markings, and several pairs of draconic wings and a tail that were matte black in color with shades of gold and decorated with white and blue markings.

Scales covered the regions where his tail and wings extended from his back, his mid-to-lower abdominal and back region, and his lower legs and forearms, and framed his face.

He stood at nearly seven feet tall, and had golden eyes featuring streaks of blue and white, with split pupils.

This as stated was a partial transformation.

More specifically it was his partial True Dragon Transformation.

Since he had undergone his initial transformation into a Dungeon Master and completed the purification of his bloodline and achieved Atavism, he had achieved numerous such forms of transformation.

These included his Base belonging to his Main Bloodline of Dungeon Master form, and varying degrees of partial transformation for each of his Subordinate Bloodlines, and complete transformations for his Subordinate Bloodlines.

His base form consisted of his horns, and pure white eyes with streaks of gold and blue and slit-like pupils and the same charcoal gray hair and skin he had in every state.

In this form, he was 6'2" and possessed a well-muscled and athletic build.

In every state, he had full access to all of his Inherent Abilities, Authorities, and Affinities, with each form being different in only the appearance, and physical abilities and qualities offered.

When the bathtub was nearly full, he returned to his base form and turned off the water.

He then slid into the tub and Appraised himself (He opened his Status Screen).

When doing so he instinctively omitted his Skills as he had too many to count, a pretty common trait that was shared by all beings above Tier 7.

[Name: David Kingston

Age: N/A

Race/Species: Celestial Fae - Dungeon Master (Sub-Bloodlines: (All Other Celestial Fae Bloodlines) Imperial Elemental Fae (Protogenoi), True Dragon, Titan, Colossus, Giant, Heavenly God Beast, World Devouring Wolf, Spirit Being, Pheonix, Berserker (Sukah) Humana)

Rank: 9

Level: 87

Profession(s): World Grade Summoner, World Grade Pugilist, World Grade Appraiser, Legendary Grade Magic Knight, Ancient Grade Omni-Mage, Legendary Grade Blacksmith, Ancient Grade Magician, Ancient Grade Divine Inscriptionist

Vitality: ???

Divinity Reserves: ~9.3 Trillion/10 Trillion

Strength: 10 Billion

Defense: ~8,7 Billion

Agility: ~9.7 Billion

Speed: ~10 Billion

Stamina: ~32 Billion

Intelligence: ~12 Billion

Health: ???

Life Span: ???

Kibo Phantasm: Primordial Blood

Inherent Abilities: World Sovereign (Passive), Bestowment (Active), Inedible Marks (Passive), Primordial Source (Active), At Peace With the World (Passive), Polymerization (Active), Bequeathment (Active), Transformation (Active), Materialization (Active), Ultra-Regeneration (Passive), Immortality (Passive), Invulnerability (Passive/Active), Unseen (Passive), Eye of Aletheia (Passive), Eye of Veritas (Passive), Dungeon Creation (Active), Assimilation (Active), Summon (Active), Contract (Active), Empower (Active), Deprive (Active), Nonexistent Limit (Passive), Resurrect (Active), Erase (Active), and Evolve (Active)

Affinities: Artic Flame, Amun-Ra, Ragnarok, Eos, Pangu, Summoning]

By this point in time, his Vitality was too large to be properly measured.

As for the "Affinities" section; as implied it related to the elements one had the ability to manipulate or create.

There are twelve Basic Elements. 

Namely; Fire, Water, Earth, Wind, Electro-Magnetism, Light, Darkness, Life, Death, Space, Time, and Strength.

Each Elemental Affinity had four levels.

For instance, Fire could be divided into; Fire, Flame, Heavenly Flame, and Inferno.

Each Element has Branch Elements and can come together to form Amalgamations with other Elements.

Each Element forms one of the most basic aspects of the World, and exist as Principals of Reality.

Their highest forms are as follows; Inferno, Permafrost, Planetary, Sky, Primordial Lightning, Solar, Lunar, Immortality, Reincarnation, Destiny, Oblivion, and Authority.

After taking a moment to observe any changes brought about by his Contracting of Dhara he deactivated the spell and closed his eyes and began the process of washing his body.

After he finished soaping and scrubbing his body before beginning to rinse it he heard somebody enter his room.

A few seconds after that Aurelia entered the bathroom.

"What is it?" He asked after she entered, continuing to rinse himself.

"The others are going to explore the city and a little while and I figured I let you know and see if you wanted to tag along." She answered, her eyes roaming across his body.

"No. I'll stay back and let them have their fun." David stated before he gazed at her and thought for a moment before finally continuing on to say, "You should go with them though. Relax a bit before we begin the next leg of our quest."

In response, Aurelia seemed to ponder for a moment before she nodded in agreeance and spoke, "You're right. I'll go get changed and meet up with the others."

After she said that she immediately turned on her heel and departed the bathroom.

"See ya," David spoke with a gesture as she crossed the threshold out of his room entirely.

He then finished rinsing himself before exiting the bathtub and draining its contents.

He then dried himself and put on a new set of clothes.

Following that he set up his counsel and was just about to boot it up in order to play a game of COD there was a knock on his door.

***

As a preventative measure to field all questions, I just want to say that the existence of magic has not served to impede the development of technology in the world of Cornith.

As for how COD exists; such a thing is one of many factors which has led David to believe that there are either reincarnators and transmigrators in Cornith or some Summoned individuals who have decided to take advantage of untapped markets.

Anyway I gotta get back home for the weekly family dinner, or my mom will attempt to strangle me.

Btw I'm still single and still in the market if you guys know of any hot FEMALE narrators.

 

0