Chapter 1: The Call
2.4k 8 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The stars were shining brilliantly in the night sky above a small tropical island located in the Northern Pacific.

There was a beautifully built villa on the island's southern shore. The wall facing the ocean was made completely of glass and possessed a large deck leading from the second floor. On top of the deck were 4 sectionals that were centered in aaround a circular fire pit, possessing a six feet diameter.

David, Sabrina, Eric, Elena, Justin, Natalia, Elizabeth, Bruno, Marcus, and Alexandra lounged on the deck, talking as they enjoyed the night sky.

"Anybody want anything from the kitchen?" Eric asked as he stood up and stretched his body. 

He had an angelic appearance with fair skin, dark-blonde hair, eyes that could be seen as either green or blue, and an aquiline nose. His brows were softly angled, and he had a sharp jaw. He stood at around 6' 2'' and had a lean yet athletic build, and wore a dark-green short-sleeved shirt and a pair of well-worn blue jeans. 

 Yet, despite his angelic appearance, he gave off a strong feeling of loneliness.

"Yeah, but I'll just go with you," Alexandra said before she got up to follow him.

She stood at 5'10 and had a slender body. She wore a green, knee-length sundress which revealed her fair-skinned collarbone and left her upper back open to the air.

She had thick shoulder-length hair which possessed a vibrant brown color and partially hid her ears. She possessed a delicate nose thin lips and curved brows. 

Marcus watched as the two vanished into the villa with an empathetic gaze.

Marcus had a butterscotch-like complexion, brown eyes, and jet black hair. His body was lean and well-defined muscles could be discerned beneath his white, short-sleeved shirt and blue denim jeans.

He raised the beer bottle in his right hand to his mouth and drank the last vestiges of its contents.

He gazed upwards at the night sky and gave a long sigh, listening to the sound of the ocean waves as the others talked.

"Where do you think they were whisked away to?" His voice was barely a whisper as tye words almost unconsciously fell from his mouth, the sadness in his eyes becoming as apparent as it was in his tone.

Despite the low volume of his query, his words caused a somewhat heavy silence to descend upon the group as their eyes briefly lost focus.

Sabrina's body slightly, tensed and her left hand which had been softly running through David's hair came to a stop.

Her ocean blue eyes were overcome with a wide array of conflicting emotions.

She had an oval-shaped face framed by golden-blonde hair, finely curved brows, a small delicate nose, and pink colored lips. Her complexion was between fair and cream-colored, and she wore a maroon-colored long sleeve sweater along with a cream colored skirt of knee-length.

David's head was resting on her lap and his legs were stretched out on the sectional beneath them.

He was broad-shouldered and looked to be around 6 feet tall. His left arm hung off of the couch while his right was beneath his head. He wore a gray short-sleeved t-shirt, and matching jogging pants.

His was of chocolate complexion, possessed a strong jaw, a forehead both broad and straight, and thick untamed hair which was pitch-black in color. He had brows that were neither thick nor thin and had a soft-angle and a small mouth that seemed to fit perfectly with the rest of his face.

"Does it matter where they are? Knowing those two, all-hell was bound to break lose, with no one being capable of stopping it. HAHAHAHA. How much you want to bet that whoever did summon them immediately regretted it. Cause Akatsuki would've been pissed to miss my birthday." David spoke with a small chuckle before he opened his eyes and sat up, causing Sabrina's hand to fall from his hair.  His words caused everyone to laugh as some of the sadness left their eyes. He took the bottle from Sabrina's other hand and brought it to his mouth taking a long swallow of the amber liquid within and closing his eyes in appreciation.

He once more opened his eyes. His gaze swept his friends still remaining on the deck; Sabrina Winchester, Marcus Lancel, the two sisters Natalia and Elana Silva, their cousin Bruno Silva, Elizabeth Tesla, and Justin Ventura.

All three of the cousins had thick reddish-brown hair and olive skin.

Elena's hair was tied into a high ponytail that hung down to her lower back, whereas Natalia's was shoulder length, and Bruno's was wild and untamed. Their facial structures were all at least 70 percent similar, possessing almond-shaped eyes, softly pointed noses, and thin lips.

Natalia possessed a figure which was more curvaceous than her sister Elana's and gave off the aura of a gentle elder sister.

They both wore yellow sundresses, Elena's extended to her knees and Natalia's extended all the way to her ankles.

Bruno had a lean physique and was garbed in a black and yellow flannel t-shirt and black jeans. He gave a more scholarly aura than his two female cousins.

Justin was a giant beast of a man and looked as if he was the personification of the word "gladiator". He was 6'4 with skin as dark as that of Idris Elba with golden-colored eyes, a full beard on his square jaw, and a bald-fade. He wore a pair of tan cargo pants and a black short-sleeved t-shirt.

Elizabeth had golden-brown hair and gray eyes. Her brows were softly angled, and her pert nose was situated above a pair of thin pink-colored lips. She was about 5' 6 and had an hourglass figure with slender legs. She was dressed in a black skirt and a white linen shirt with long sleeves.

"Thanks for the birthday gift, Liz," David said gesturing towards the bottle in his hand as his gaze settled on her.

"You're welcome, I had my father bring it back from his excursion to planet Zoltar in the solar system next to ours. It's supposedly able to help in the cultivation of one's Mana." Elizabeth said as she looked into the fire pit from her seat on the couch.

"We'll have to visit sometime. What's the situation like there?" He asked as he slouched back on the couch and turned his gaze to the fire.

"Vast forest and mountain ranges cover about 60 percent of the planet while it only has two oceans. The planet itself is about three times as large as ours. Some of the oldest trees have developed a basic amount of sentience because some of their roots happened to absorbed Mana from the ground. The people living there are mostly tribal and usually, have green hair.

¨Because of time dilation, 10 years for us is more like a few months for them. Their technology is primitive, but their understanding of the Biological and medical sciences surpasses our own and they seem inherently gifted in bow-wielding and crafting. Which reminds me, I have something for you, Eric." She spoke as Eric and Alexandra returned from inside the villa.

"Thank you for your kindness Elizabeth, I'll get it from you in the morning," Eric told her politely before sitting to the left of Sabrina on the southern sectional which faced away from the ocean.

"Okay. Anyway, beast use the entire planet as a hunting ground but do to the people's nomadic lifestyle, ability to create cities in the canopies of the forest, and superior archery they've been able to survive. Many mines of new ores have been discovered within the mountains and a trade agreement is currently being worked out between the natives and my family's company." Elizabeth continued to explain as she folded her legs beneath her.

"Sounds interesting. Now I'm sure I want to go some time. You guys in?" David responded before he asked the others.

"I was already headed their soon," Elizabeth said in response.

"Yeah, why not?"

"Sounds like fun."

Both Marcus and Alexandra said respectively, excitement visible in their expressions.

"It depends. We just received news that our family wants us to head to Venus." Bruno said gesturing to his two cousins as he adjusted his glasses.

"Oh. What are you going to be doing there." David asked.

"Undergoing another round of training and tests. Grandmother Penelope's orders." Natalia said with an evident tone of dissatisfaction.

"Natalia! You know they just want to make sure we're ready." Elena said assertively.

"I know, I know. It's just we're always training or taking tests. Sometimes..." Natalia responded frustratedly and trailed off as she gazed into the fire and sighed.

"I know the feeling," Justin said comfortingly as he grabbed her hand and gently squeezed on it. "Which is why I won't be able to accompany you, David. My father is sending me to our base on Mars. I leave in a few weeks." He continued to say.

"Hmm." David hummed in acknowledgment before he asked; "Eric, Sabrina?"

"Of course I'm coming along. I can't let Elizabeth have you all to herself now can I?" Sabrina said in mock jealousy and grabbed onto David's arm.

"Brother?" She turned and asked Eric.

Eric gazed at the stars above and began to answer when Mana suddenly surged to them from every direction and Magic Circles enveloped them.

"Hehe... Its looks like all of us are taking a trip after all. Just not where we thought." Eric said with a small laugh that made some of the sadness vanish from his eyes as they all began to stand up to observe the Magic Circles.

"Interesting," Alexandra said with both excitement and worry in her eyes.

"This could be fun," Marcus said in expectation with an excited grin.

"They all seem to lead to the same world. The thing is they seem to lead to different locations." Bruno said as he observed the Magic Circles studiously to decipher their secrets.

"Hold on, the world's coordinates seem to be familiar, and the complexity of the magic Circles seems to surpass the standard of documented Summoning Formations." Elana said in contemplation with her brows furrowed.

"I agree." Bruno replied.

At their words, everyone began to observe the Magic Circles closer.

Almost instantly Eric's breath hitched, and he said, "Its the same World the girls were summoned to."

"Haha. Then this will definitely be fun." Marcus said while laughing before he continued to ask; "So when we arrive do we stay amicable or break pretenses and fight it out with whoever summons us?"

"I say do whatever feels right in the moment," David said while taking another swallow from the bottle in his hand.

"Sounds good," Elizabeth said while moving her fingers and preforming a few calculations mentally.

"I agree that both this could be fun and we should do whatever feels right," Natalia said as she held Justin's hand tighter.

"How about you, how do you feel about this?" Sabrina walked towards Eric and asked as he seemed uncertain.

"I-i can feel a Mana signature almost identical to that of similar Akane's." He whispered with a tremble in his voice.

His words caused Sabrina's eyes to widen as she released a small gasp.

"A-are you sure?"

"No." He said as he continued to observe the Magic Circles.

"Do you still love her?" She whispered to him causing his already unsteady breathing to escalate, which served as an answer to her question.

"But y-" 

"Yes, I know." He loudly cut her off before she could finish.

The others looked towards them.

"He senses a Mana Signature almost identical to Akane's." She said in response to their questioning gazes as she looked toward David.

David and Eric locked gazes as a brief silence settled between them.

"We made a promise to always be brothers did we not?" David broke the silence as he asked Eric.

But before he could get a response, they all vanished from the villa's deck.

 

Announcement
This is that link to my discord, which I promised in the synopsis. https://discord.gg/JDVN5PC
16