Chapter 3 The Master’s Return
28 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Master's Return 

 

S felt cold, he felt pain, hate, lust, and every dark feeling in between, emanating from the lady in grey. She slides down the railing ever so elegantly, her silver hair flutters as she slides down. The lady in grey smiles at S, her smile holds a darker intent than just a normal smile. Something burns into his chest, spreading to his neck. S claws at his neck trying to get words out, his words come but the voice is not his.

"Help, anyone please, is that what you were trying to say, sorry just feel it for a lit bit longer." 

S looked at Rex, Rex watched him and sat there cold and stone-faced. The Monster looked up staring her down, the fear he felt started coming from the lady herself and not from the others. The Monster's voice began speaking, S had no control over his words, the words were said in a deep dead voice.

"You dare hurt me, Worm."

The elegance in the lady's voice has disappeared, the Monster's voice had her taken aback. 

"I'm sorry master, it was the only way to bring you out." 

She kneeled bowing her head, her hands trembled just from hearing his voice. The Monster was in control, the fire turned blue and a light in his skeleton eyesocket flickered blue.

"I do not care of your forgiveness, I only care that you follow my commands."

S's body grew to a size of a burly man, the armor grew with his body, the red pigment of his centurion armor faded to black. A black smoke emanated from the Monster while he kneeled. Metal spikes grew from the shoulders of the armor, the blue fire spread, burning away the human side of S. Fire poured out the other cheek constantly like waves from a river, the Monster's transformation was complete. He stands, his height towered all, the voice of a broken man shakes the bowing woman.

"Servant, where are my other minions."

She flinched as he spoke, S could see she had bad experiences with people.

"They are all long dead, two heroes killed them all, they go by the name Draco and Zero." 

The Monster's flame grew bright and wild, it frightened the lady to her very core. He power walked up to his stairs with his back facing her.

"And who are you and why have you summoned me."

She stayed quiet, he grew furious with her silence, storming towards her with a towering presence.

"Why don't you answer!"

The lady ducks her head lower as she cowers in fear. She slowly looks up at him, she sees a skeleton that has blue flames erupt out of his cheeks.

"I-I am a dreg, a race that feeds on bad emotions, and I-I-I summoned you for I have heard tales of your great triumphs."

*Huff, he turns his back, thinking about what is next to come.

"I doubt you know what you are getting into summoning me. Fine, you may serve me but know this, the boy must be protected at all times. If he dies, I die with him. Know this, as soon as I feel you are being disloyal to me, I will have you killed."

She nodded, her movements were still rigid.

 "I will protect him with my life master, you have my word and my undying loyalty."

As he steps on his stairs he asks her a question before exploring his domain.

"Out of curiosity, what is your name?"

She answers quickly, trying not to anger him any further.

"It is Amaris sir, and thank you for accepting me."

He grunts entering the hallway upstairs. The Monster roamed the halls talking to S while he reached the very depths of his home. 

"So kid, now that I am living in your body, we should make ground rules."

S guessed he was just talking hoping he could hear him, S began with a joke to see if he can hear him.

S: "Do skeletons lack love or are you just a big jerk."

Monster: "So you can hear me, good, I need you to listen to me or else you are going to get us both killed and that is rule number one."

The Monster strolls into a bed-chamber filled with trinkets and shelves filled with dark arts books.

Monster: "Hmm, this use to be my old room but rats occupied it now."

A small blue flame ignites on the tips of his fingers, the flames float to the chandelier, lighting the candles. The flaming skeleton sits at his desk pulling a map of the region from the desk drawer.

Monster: "It seems to be out of date by a century or two. I think a quest is needed to scout out the area. Nevertheless, let us focus on introductions before we get to planning, my name is Asmodeus."

S had no intention of making an enemy or an ally, he just sat there thinking. Asmodeus moved on, reaching for a book, grabbing it by the spine with his sharp fingers. S grew tired of his mumbling, S focused on his feeling for his hand, trying to see if he could move it. A piece of skin grew back on the pinky finger. S tried tapping his finger on the desk making movement that Asmodeus caught in the corner of his eye.

Asmodeus: "What are you trying to pull kid, you know you are sharing a body with the demon lord who killed half the world at a point in time." 

The tapping has stopped. Rex walks into the room, staring at the flaming skeleton sitting by his desk. The demon wolf drops an arm on the floor still staring at him.

S: "Rex dropped an arm."

S was slightly horrified of his companion, Asmodeus was rather furious with the news.

Asmodeus: "People are already on our doorstep and you go and kill one, really Rex! You are lucky you are Cerberus's offspring, or else I will have killed you already!"

Asmodeus is already down the stairs when S gets an idea while Asmodeus prepares to kill them, S focuses on his right leg slowly reverting it back to his human form. The foot stopped Asmodeus from moving forward.

Asmodeus: "WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING!"

A dark pulse could be felt throughout the whole mansion stabbing the heart of anyone who was near.

S: "I have an idea, let me talk to them if you just straight out kill them you will lose the chance of catching the world off guard and maybe die outright from the heroes!" 

The hellfire skeleton spewed out flames out of anger, he took a deep breath holding it in then exhaled releasing a giant wave of fire in the hall.

Asmodeus: "Fine, don't fail me, child, else both of us are dead."

A flame overtook them covering S's body restoring his small compact human form. S was suddenly enveloped in fear of the door, Rex rubbed against S's hand but the touch was cold and moist. S looks at him to his surprise Rex transformed into his ice wolf form yet the cold attitude stayed with him. A banging came from the door as he stands before it. He reaches to open it as they continuously bang on the grand doors, it slowly slides open revealing eight soldiers up to the teeth with armor, staring down a relic of a boy in his centurion armor.

1