Chapter 4 A Quest to Find Allies
23 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 4 A Quest to Find Allies

 

 

S gains the confidence to say hello to the eight soldiers dressed in metal armor, a woman pushes aside the others. Just from how everyone backed up and acted she must be the captain.

S: "Hello, what can I do for you in the dead of night."

She was freakily tall as he stands adjusting his view where he thought her head would be not her chest. She hunches down staring straight at him, her eyes had a nice brown tint that went well with her jet-black hair. 

Captain: "You look familiar." 

As she kept looking at him, her facial expressions changed, her lip quivered, and a tear rolled down her cheek. She stared straight into his purple eyes.

Captain: "Sin, is that you?"

S quickly denied it pushing her as a pulse of pain hits, he slams the door. His heart felt like it was set ablaze. The pain was excruciating, still, he had to keep his voice to tell them to go away.

S: "Go away, I don't know you!"

S crawls away from the door, in such an agonizing pain S couldn't hold the pain in any longer and screams out a bloody scream. His breathing was labored as he felt his heart ripping into two.

Asmodeus: "You need to calm down, hold on for a little longer." 

The captain bashes the door in and rushes to his aid holding him. S gets an image, it showed the captain as a little girl and S holding hands running across a field of daisies.

"Remember Remember Remember."

This time the voice was her's, a memory of her sitting in the flowers talking.

"Will you marry me?" 

The sixteen-year-old boy was in shock and in pain as she cried over him, he still had feelings for her. The craving for revenge overshadowed it. He pushed her away as the pain became too much for him.

Captain trying to ease his pain: "Do you remember me, it's me, Elaine."

He pushed her out and used his body to keep the doors shut. She kept pounding on the doors screaming out his name.

Elaine weeps: "Sin, SIN, I will not leave, I can't leave, not again. Not after what happened to you!"

Asmodeus speaks into S's mind, trying to get him under control to no avail.

Asmodeus: "You leave me no choice S, sorry."

A deep blue fire engulfs S paining him greatly. Asmodeus takes control, the body they share morphs into a beefy dark tan skin tone with black hair and a full-grown beard to go with it. The edges of his hairline show some grey along with his beard. His armor morphs with him turning into a coal-black and spikes going through the shoulders. Asmodeus opens the door staring down the now-frightened soldiers.

Asmodeus stared with a smoldering stare: "Good evening soldiers, how may I offer my assistance for today."

His voice sent a chill to the seven soldiers' spines, however, Elaine stands tall, staring right back at him hold quite a fierce stare. 

Elaine hailed: "Let me see Sin, I know he is here!"

Asmodeus: "I am sorry but no one under that name lives here, now would you kindly, leave."

His cold gold eyes observed her, S means a lot to her as he reminds himself of later uses of this new information. A soldier whispers in her ear, she gets frustrated and marches away with the soldiers following right behind her. He slams the door with a grunt, his form reverts back to the half-skeleton face, half S's face. S slouches down crying holding his face with both hands, the skeleton hand just reminds him of his predicament. grits his teeth as his hand starts to shake with RAGE, a slam of his skinless hand to the ground in a fit of rage, the floor cracks before reverting the damage.

S: "I will take my revenge."

A hint of black flickered in the flames coming out of his cheek.

 

 

#

 

 

 

A few days later, the four planned a trip into town just past the forest down the road. Rex decided to stay while Asmodeus tasked Amaris to go with S in his normal form. Elaine's persistence continues through the days of planning. She arrived every day at the same time to the dot unrelenting.

Amaris: "Are you ready kid."

Her tone towards S was rude not like S cared anyways. S tested out his right hand, touching each finger with his thumb, he still had no feeling in his fingertips.

Asmodeus: "It is just a mirage, it is an illusion to cover up your skeleton parts, your face regenerated back but your hand stayed skinless, I will have to look into this."

S pushed open the doors to the quiet sounds of the cemetery filling his ears. He took the first steps outside since entering the mansion, S, and Amaris walked down the forest road. Just hearing the lovely sounds of the forest warmed S's heart, the chipping of the birds, the rustle of the bushes, and the fall of the leaves. 

Amaris: "To be clear on the whole body thing, when you are like you are now, you are controlling it but if the big man or the skeleton is here that means Asmodeus is in control right?"

S: "Yes but if I were to have half bone half me that means we are sharing the body."

She gives a nod of understanding, they keep walking onward through the tranquil forest. As S is at peace Amaris shows signs of discomfort.

S: "What is wrong Amaris, you don't enjoy the forest?"

Amaris sees a passing squirrel, she summons a small ball of fire, sending it at the squirrel, and lighting it on fire. S is horrified by the cozy smile on Amaris's face.

Amaris held a comfy smile: "Oh sorry, I was hungry and fear is the best dinner but pain is a close second. The whole peace thing is hard for me 'cause the whole I am dreg thing, I guess it is like eating your greens or a horrible-tasting potion. While it might be good for you, the steak dinner tastes way better, do you get what I mean."

S nods while staring at the flaming squirrel as they pass by it. The town is in eyesight as they walk up a hill; the town is expansive covering a good mile in each direction. Amaris takes the lead walking down the dirt roads reaching a street lined up with guilds of all kinds; Amaris spots Elaine ordering soldiers around. She tugs S into the shadows of the alleyway as soldiers pass by, Amaris looks around but Elaine stands before her. She doesn't see S as he sneaks away leaving Elaine to talk to Amaris.

Elaine interrogating her: "Why are you here, and where is Sin."

Her voice fades away as he gets further away, S, now by himself beside Asmodeus in his body, he roams the streets. S has a minute to take the town in and all of its lively people. The colorful town reveals its dark underbelly as a cry for help gets S's attention.

Asmodeus: "Keep going, you are going to hear crying everywhere you go. You can't save everyone, besides, I want the exact opposite of that."

S ignores Asmodeus's undeniable logic and old habits rearing their head, heroically rushes into a dark alley. Two men are holding down a serpent girl trying to put her in a comically large sack. Her tail whipped around violently knocking one of the men's feet from under them. 

S: "Leave her alone!" 

The man standing: "Or what, are you going to be her knight in shining armor."

S: "Nah! I'm just going to kill ya!"

He lunges, the right side of his face fades to a skeleton face spewing fire out the cheek, his right hand conjures a ball of fire as he lands on top of the man laying on the floor. S slams the ball into the man's head melting it away. Before the man who was standing could scream S punched him, causing his head to explode from the force. *Huff* his breathing sounded inhuman, as he cooled down his face reverted back to normal. S turns to the serpent now using the bag as protection, her snake-like eyes peer at him, her hair is white along with her pearly white skin.

Serpent hides in the bag: "Please don't hurt me! I don't eat children I swear!"

He takes a step towards her slowly, trying not to freak her out, her eyes study his movements.

S: "It is okay, I was only trying to help, here look no blade." 

She looks at his hand still on edge from his display, he sees her eyes focusing on it, so he raises his hands in the air slowly.

S: "I just want to see if you are okay, I will go now."

S turns around walking away, a fragile voice stops him.

Serpent: "Wait, please."

As S turns back around, his eyes grow abnormally big as she towers over him with her tail slowly whipping around, her tail was a mix of white and black scales. The snake half of her ended at her waist but she used the sack for coverings, the serpent studied S's body, he let her not seeing her slowly wrapping around him until it was too late. S was too enticed by her eyes. Her tail was up to his neck, her body was would be rated as a queen's body. 

Asmodeus: "Kid, do you know why she isn't killing you right now, well the lamia species, what she is, has a really affectionate side. Well now that you saved her."

S looked up into her eyes, he gulped. Her eyes held desire, she slithered to his ear.

Serpent: "Now that you saved me, you are mine." 

S: "I don't even know your name! Aren't we missing a few steps!"

His wiggling only makes her grip tighter, her body felt cold to the touch.

Serpent: "Oh my name is, umm, I can't remember, it's been hundred years since I had to use my name. Can you give me a name?"

She used an alluring tone as she eased her grip on him, S was being berated by Asmodeus for not killing her straight out.

Asmodeus: "God you are so spineless kid, just kill her already!"

S: "How about Vie, it is short for viper."

She lets go of him, her gentleness surprising S as she ogles him like a prized artifact. 

Vie: "Thank you for saving me, I am now your soulmate!"

S: "Uhm, do all of your kind act like this."

Vie: "Yup! Lamia don't have males so we kind of are an amorous race."

S: "Well at least you are sweet and adorable, okay then come with me Vie, rule the world with me." 

She clung onto him, with her upper body, fully releasing her vice grip on him.

Vie: "I would love that." 

S: "Great, now how do I get you out of here, no what screw it, we will walk out of here."

S took her by the hand as she slithered beside him out in the open. Detest was in the air as soon as they came out of the alleyway, S summoned a flame from his hand. 

S: "Does anyone have a problem with her, if you do then you have it with me too!"

The whole street was frightened of S, they made room for the two. Vie was humming as she slithered next to S, Elaine, and thirty soldiers standing in front of him with swords out.

Elaine: "Stop Sin, I can help you, just come with me."

Her eyes showed sincerity and hope, hope that was shattered by S and his words.

S: "Do you have ANY idea what is happening to me, Sin is dead Elaine, he died and I don't know how he died but I will revenge him, now, Get out of my way."

She readies her sword as do all the other soldiers, S's mind begins to ache, he holds his head. He lets out a yell to the sky.

Asmodeus: "I will take it from here."

"NO!"

S lowers his head back down to them with flames coming out the right side of his skeleton face.

S: "Go ahead Elaine, try to help me. It will only end tragically."

S walks forward with Vie right behind him, they moved past them except Elaine who stood her ground, she was teary-eyed but her feet were planted. 

Elaine: "Please stop Sin."

He kept advancing till he got to the tip of her blade, she pointed it at his throat.

S: "Yes."

Elaine was confused, she had a ball stuck in her throat: "What?"

S: "I will marry you."

He walked around her as she processed his words, he left, Amaris waited at the edge of town, and twenty mercs sat around waiting. 

Amaris: "Took you long enough. What the! Who the hell is she!"

Vie laid her body on top of S hugging him firmly like if she let go he would run away. S didn't mind her affection, it gave him a warm feeling inside that couldn't be explained by words.

S: "She is Vie, I saved her from bandits but it felt like she could handle herself."

She giggled as the crew was put off by her posterior giving her a weird look.

S: "You go Amaris, I will catch up with you."

She waved goodbye as the mercs followed her to the mansion, they all wore mix-and-match armor, and some of their armor had cracks in it. Vie wore this flirty smile as S carried her along the road. 

S: "You can come out now, Elaine." 

She squeaked out, hopping out of the trees, Vie hissed at Elaine with her forked tongue.

S: "Why are you here Elaine." 

She eeped out her words still shocked by S's words.

Elaine: "Well I, did you mean it, what you said." 

S played dumb, flustering Elaine so much she turned red, Elaine shout out her words all in one sentence.

S: "Yes Elaine, I meant it, I just, I am not the same person you loved back then. My heart has grown to hate, and the feeling is powerful, intoxicating." 

Elaine: "Then I will change it for the better, I am coming with you, so you can keep your promise to marry me!" 

Her smile eroded his cold heart a little. Vie whispered in his ear, jealousy came over Elaine as Vie cuddled her partner.

Elaine: "And who is she Sin, and why is she so close to you!"

S: "Well I saved her from two scummy people and now she is my soulmate."

Elaine: "Your WHAT!" 

Vie: "Sharing is caring, and I wouldn't be against sharing." 

The look she gave S screamed erotic as she hugged S tightly. 

S: "Well I am now burdened with the choice I will not make because it is stupid, I will now be leaving."

He walks back to the mansion as Vie's long tail dragged along the ground.

Asmodeus: "HA, a devoted lover and a lewd snake, those two are not going to mix well."

Elaine grabs S's arm pulling him close, the strange rivalry has sparked, S also didn't mind the little fights, it brought him some sort of love as two beauties fought for him.

 

0