Chapter 5 A Day Out
17 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 5 A Day Out

 

 

A day and a half have passed, S's behavior was abnormal to his usual routines of scouting the towns for any heroes. Asmodeus has been getting under his skin for the past day, slowly feeding him the desire for revenge. S has been tempted for a while now but Elaine butted in, talking him out of a frenzy. One thing S has learned is, Asmodeus is not his friend and he can not plan to take him on without him knowing.

S: "This sickens me to share a body with you. It is even worse that I have to hear you every waking minute."

Asmodeus: "Why are you so grumpy, we need to work together, or else we won't be able to conquer the world!"

His upbeat attitude clashed with S's everlasting hate for everyone around him. S's bitterness only maddens him that his normal life before will be dead forever. S went out into the now fearful town looking for an inn to get away from the chaotic shenanigans going on at the mansion. HE was still with S, talking to him while he eluded Elaine and Vie.

S: "That was close, I know Vie is great at tracking me and only me but Elaine has this weird sixth sense like she knows where I am all the time."

Asmodeus: "Kid, I know you think you are special, and you are, but, other people can use magic too. It isn't just you, I think she is using a magic sense spell to keep tabs on you. She was a captain after all."

It clicked in his mind, S summoned a flame from his hand as he hid in the forest near the cemetery. He slid down with his back against a tombstone putting his arm out.

S: "Let's try this!"

Asmodeus: "What are you doing kid!"

S buried the flame into his arm searing it, his muffled grunts were quiet enough to gain no attention from the others. Elaine stood above him peeking over the tombstone he was hiding behind.

S: "Ah Ha, caught you! You have been tracking me!"

Elaine stammered: "What well uh, I got to go!"

She rushed off to the mansion, S, shocked by her speedy retreat continue his trip to town looking over his shoulder for any shady individuals. The town is bustling with all sorts of colorful people except one thing rubbed S the wrong way, a sign hanging from the entrance of town.

S: " 'No demi-humans only pure humans, all who do not follow this rule shall be executed.' Are you serious, they were born demi-human, they got no choice! We need to do something!"

Asmodeus: "Does this anger you?"

S catches on to Asmodeus's schemes: "NO, no it does not anger me."

S in his past life was blessed with great fortune and a greater family or so he thought but nevertheless, his tomb was filled with riches. S moved on from the warning to a small shop on the outskirts of town. It was desolate at best, the sign above reads "mythical trinkets" as it whooshed in the cold breeze, S instinctively shivered before entering the cozy shop. The store was filled with all kinds of jewelry and pendants, the clerk was missing so S took a look around admiring the craftsmanship. He picks out two items, a set of earrings for Vie, the color of the right one is pearly white, and the left one has a glistening black tone to it. Both took shape of a teardrop with the outer frame a shiny gold. 

S: "The water droplet could mean her venom out of her fangs. Vie would love this. Oh, I think this would look nice on a very tall loveable creature named Elaine."

A diamond ring, it was small but the pure joy he imagined in his head as he gave it to her made him excited.

S: "Don't worry Elaine, I will find you the biggest ring you can possibly have."

An old cranky voice: "Who is there?"

S: "A customer."

A lizardman with a cane walks into view, his green scales have a greying tone to them and he was hunched over while walking. He makes it to the counter still in one piece, slowly adjusting his glasses, squinting at S.

Lizardman: "Well, what do you want!" 

S: "I would like to purchase these items, please."

Lizardman: "Do you want these items enchanted?"

S: "Wait you can do that."

Lizardman: "Of course I can, how else do you think I am able to live here without being executed."

S: "Is it rare to have rune skills."

Lizardman: "Yes now do you want them enchanted or not."

S: "Yes please!"

The lizard pulls out tools from under the counter, the tools resembled a pen, a hammer, and a glowing crystal. He nails open the glowing purplish crystal, glowing dust pours from it.

Lizardman: "Now this is a low-level enchantment, if you want to get a better one, find me a lightning stone."

He dips the pen in the dust writing runes around the earrings first, he made a circle around the earrings. 

Lizardman: "What type of enchantment, mana, strength, or something else."

Asmodeus: "She is freaky, maybe something to boost her desire."

S: "Are you crazy, she is already exotic enough!"

Lizardman: "What did you say."

S: "Oh nothing!"

Asmodeus chuckled as he faded to the back of S's mind. 

S: "I guess a warm enchantment."

Lizardman: "Ah, lamia am I right, yeah it will make her go crazy for you, you better be careful. Okay, what is the next enchantment for the ring."

S: "Ha, yeah the next one could be empowering enchantment."

Lizardman: "Got it, it will take a few minutes, return to me at about twenty minutes give or take."

S nodded and walked outside, a few rough-looking characters were waiting outside.

Leader: "Get out of our way Freak!"

Shoving S outta the way, entering the store. He would love to burn them but that would only bring the world down upon him, S keeps walking reaching a tavern in the middle of town.

Asmodeus: "So kid, why didn't you use my power to burn those fools."

S: "I know what you are doing, I can feel your power tugging on me trying to take over but I still have to accomplish my mission, and not even you are going to get in my way. Now shut him and enjoy the ride."

Asmodeus: "Sooner or later you will take my power, you better take it now, or else you might lose someone."

S brushes off his warning and enters the tavern dunking immediately as a mug flies over him. It was crowded with drunks, S and Asmodeus both found this place disgusting "ew" as S stepped around people carefully not to bump into anyone. 

Manly barkeep: "What can I do for yer young chap!"

S: "I will take some water thank you."

S sits quietly as the world around him moves without him, a drunk breaks his focus as he bumped him, S shivered as he took a deep breath in, then out.

Drunk: "Eeh watch where you going you fucking ass! Did you hear me, midget!"

Asmodeus: "Oh shit he said your trigger word, kill him!"

The burly man caught the look in S's eye, he slowly walked around the counter as the drunk was jabbing S with his finger. The barkeep stood three feet over the drunk, the drunk was swaying back and forth looking up. The barkeep had a black and white mullet that matched his legs which resemble a zebra's.

Barkeep: "You had enough, go home."

His voice is the deepest you could go, the drunk didn't back down.

Drunk: "Or wha, you can't do nothing, you filthy half-breed!"

The barkeep turned around looks like he was walking back then in a sudden flash one hoof flew to the drunk's face, kicking his lights out. He walked back over to the other side and refilled S's mug of water.

S after a big gulp: "Ah, you didn't have to do that you know, I could handle him myself."

Barkeep: "It was under my roof and so my responsibility, don't worry I can just tell you by your armor that you can handle yourself.

S: "Yeah but wouldn't you get in trouble for attacking humans."

Barkeep: "So, if they try something then I will go down kicking. Enough about that, why are you here, I've never seen you around town before."

S: "I live near town, I forgot to ask your name, mine is S."

Barkeep: "That is unique name, my name is Oliver, half zebra, half-human."

S: "Nice to meet you, Oliver, it is nice to have friendly faces around here."

S drinks down his mug of water a second time, having it refilled once more.

S: "I forgot to ask, what did you mean you can tell by my armor that I can handle myself."

Oliver cleans a mug with a rag scrubbing it roughly to get the grime out.

Oliver: "You really don't know do you, have you been living under a rock for the past five years! Rome has fallen and the world is out of balance ever since. But there have been rumors they are rising up again."

S felt a headache coming, pushing through the pain he asked more questions.

S: "Who beat Rome, was it the barbarians?"

Oliver: "Wow you really have no idea do you, Sparta arose from the ground as the gods chosen ones. They dawned on the armor of the gods and swept the nation in a mere year."

Oliver dunked under the counter pulling up a huge map and laying it out, The world didn't split apart, it was still one whole continent, Pangea. 

Oliver: "To the southwest, Sparta's army rises. In the northeast Rome remains in ruins and the Roman legion moved to the north.

S: "Good to know, thanks for the drink and information." 

Oliver: "Anytime."

S places a gold coin on the counter and walks off. Upon reaching the old lizard man, the windows in the store were shattered. The door was off its hinges, S rushes into the small store. Standing over the old lizard with his boot on his back is the leader of those rough-looking men.

Leader: "What are you doing here pipsqueak. Get out of here if you know what's good for yeah!" 

S: "I came here for my items, give me them and we will have no quarrel."

Leader: "Screw off dickwad!"

S: "I now have a quarrel with you."

S had no weapon on him thinking he wouldn't need one, the four bandits unsheathed their blades, readying them for a boy. The thought of not having a weapon by his side made him unnerving to the point Asmodeus's power looked tempting. A flame emerged from his hand, the color of neon green. A flame hotter, stronger than the normal orange fire.

S: "This is my power, slowly growing back to its original level."

A small headache grew on the left side of his forehead, a bandit in the back charged using the advantage to strike. An image popped into his head, he used this image split-second turning his flame into a defined broadsword. His sword blocked the bandit's, as it clashed together, the bandit's steel sword melted. S followed through with an overhand slash, splitting the poor fool down the middle. His remains burned away leaving only ash, the rest of the bandits are taken aback. Asmodeus showed great interest in the boy he was sharing a body with, he couldn't help but encourage his pride.

Asmodeus: "Amazing job my boy! Finish them."

S, wearing a twisted face: "With pleasure."

S dashes in the air, spinning slash, chopping all three heads off, and landing behind their bodies, extinguishing his blade. S stands straight up letting out a deep breath to calm his nerves. S ploddingly turns his head to the counter, catching the gaze of the old lizardman peeking over it. 

S: "You can come out now, they won't be bothering you anymore."

The old man wary rises from under the counter, still cautious he asks S a question, and S, who is tired of today's shenanigans has a lackadaisical response.

Old lizard: "Who are you?"

S: "A man who wants some peace and quiet."

The lizard didn't push the question any further instead he grabs S's hand shaking it. 

Lizardman: "Thank you my boy, and here are your items, free of charge."

S opens his hand, the ring, and earrings were in the palm of his hands.

S: "Thank you umm, what is your name if you don't mind my asking."

Lizard: "The name is Ard, and thank you again for saving me and my shop."

S: "You're welcome."

S walked out of the store ready to head home, tired of today.

 

 

0