Chapter 8 Killgerath Empire
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 8 Killgerath Empire

 

 

The Crew stands before the Dryad, Sin feels up the back of his head: "Sorry for our incursion, we meant no harm by it." 

The Dryad twirls her finger calling two humongous stalks: "So it was an attack."

Sin raises his hand in a surrendering motion: "Wait wait wait! That came out wrong! Meant to say, *Sigh* we mean you no harm."

After a few moments, the stalks lower into the ground hiding away until they are needed again.

Dryad crosses her arms: "If you mean no harm, then why are you here."

Asmodeus steps into the open air: "To strike a deal with you and your forest."

Taken aback from seeing this colossal man, the Dryad reevaluates her tone: "What type of deal?"

The group stands behind Sin and Asmodeus as they get down to business: "Sin and I are on a quest for vengeance and will like to make this piece of heaven home; if you accept our offer the benefits that come from it will out way the cons."

Dryad recrosses her arms: "And what benefits would that be?"

Sin holds his wrist, slowly rotating it clockwise: "The benefits are, protection from all outside forces, first of all, secondly, if you request the aid of any kind, just knock and we will be there."

She lets the thought roam around in her mind: "Tempting offer and all but we had no problems defending ourselves."

Asmodeus gruffs: "For how long. You can hide it all you want but I can see through your magic, your tree is wilting."

She let her stoic facade crumble: "Is it that obvious."

Asmodeus walks down the steps into the field before stopping, a wave of his hand dissolved an invisible barrier revealing a massive oak tree. Leaves fell off from the gentlest touches, bark greyed at the roots slowly eating the color away.

She stands beside Asmodeus with her hands neatly folded in front of her: "Please, let me help you. There is no need for a beautiful Dryad to wither away because of stubbornness."

A warm smile painted her features: "You had me at help you."

Asmodeus laid his rough hand softly against the tree seeing as she got jumpy from the mere touch of it. After seeing Asmodeus means no harm to the tree, he closes his eyes. Veins popped from his arms, and his body began to dissolve in the process of healing the tree. Particles of his body flowed to Sin. The tree's color flushed back into it and its leaves sprouted from the branches in massive amounts at a time.

Dryad worried: "Wait what is happening?!"

Asmodeus turned his head, a smile from the hulking man gave a calming effect: "It's alright."

The last of Asmodeus flows away into Sin's body: "So lady Dryad, will you accept our offer?"

 

 

 

 

Three Days Later

 

 

 

Asmodeus feels his arm: "I should have enough strength to keep this form."

Sin puts a book back on a shelf: "You should save your strength, we are going to need it."

Asmodeus nods and gets absorbed into Sin, "Sin, be careful, my underlings weren't pushovers. Draco and Zero hold sizable power if they managed to beat them."

Sin takes a deep breath: "Heard you loud and clear."

Strapping leather straps diagonally as they hold a bag on his back. Sin meats the Dryad at the edge of the meadow.

Dryad: "Ready to be transported?"

Sin rolls his eyes: "Sorry not yet. Elaine! Are you coming or not!"

She bursts out the mansion's grand doors almost tripping on the steps. She is a mess. Catching herself from a tumble Elaine stands by Sin's side holding onto her gear. Elaine's garments are wear-and-tear adventurer clothes, the majority of it made out of wool, leather, and chainmail. Leather belt supporting pouches and scabbard, her pants come equipped with leather straps holding knives at her inner thigh. Back up to her upper body, her hair is braided back by two braids to keep hair out of her face.

Elaine juggles the gear: "Present!"

Sin shakes his head: "We are ready."

The Dryad puts her hands forward, palms facing upward, slowly raising them. A wall of greenery rises from the earth. She makes circular motions with her hands, the wall follows suit swirling into a green portal.

Dryad: "Okay, it's ready."

Scrunching his eyes tightly, his hand dips inside the watery portal. It felt comparable to sinking your hand into a lake. Gradually sloping into the portal until fully being consumed by it. Prying one eye open, "Oh thank the Gods, I thought we'll end up in a desert somewhere."

Sin looks around: "It seems the Killgerath Empire has a forest beside it or I sure hope so."

Beyond the treeline is a castle's gates guarded by tanned geared soldiers. "This must be it, if not then we been duped."

"Well, we will have to just put faith in the dryad." 

On cue, Elaine flies out of the portal landing on her face. "Was she always this clumsy."

"Don't know. I'll ask later."

Springing to her feet, Elaine attempts to reclaim all her belongings from the ground. The portal wobbled, letting another in.

The Dryad: "If you want to go back home, come to the forest and call my name."

Sin: "What is your name?"

Dryad does a slight nod: "My name is Ivy."

Sin: "Okay Ivy, thank you for all the help."

Ivy nods once more before sinking into the forest's ground. Sin sees a carriage trot down the dirt road.

Elaine asks: "So why is it only us going on this mission?"

Sin observes the carriage: "We are the only ones that don't stand out. Vie has a huge snake body and Amaris looks for trouble."

Elaine peaks with him: "Oh."

Sin: "Any ideas on how to get in."

Elaine shrugs her shoulders: "Maybe we just walk in?"

Sin gave a sarcastic stare until she got flustered: "WHAT?! Why wouldn't they let us in, we are just looking for someone."

Sin: "Welp, we have no better options I guess."

 

 

 

Getting behind a group of adventurers, they are next. 

Soldier one: "State your name and reason for entering."

Sin: "I am Sin and I am looking for a long-lost friend."

Soldier two writes down Sin's name: "And you miss? What is your name?"

Elaine: "It's Elaine."

Soldier One: "Okay you may enter."

The gates open. "I can't believe that that worked."

"Wow, this place is lively."

The streets are chock-full of people, men are carrying carts full of food. Merchants hollering about their great deals along with the hammering of a blacksmith echoed down the streets. The voices of mothers and fathers ushering their families around. Soldiers surveilling the area before patrolling somewhere else. Kids run up and down the streets swinging a stick around at each other. Even if the city's streets and walls are grimy, the people are happy with the city's way of life. "Not what you'd expect from a city founded by a warlord."

"You are right about that Asmodeus, I wonder who is the ruler, they must be a great one."

"Focus Sin, we are on a mission."

"Right sorry, I'll find out after our mission is done."

Elaine bumps Sin: "Told you it would work."

Sin: "You did even bank on the idea it would work, you just threw it out there."

Elaine on borderline shouting: "But it worked didn't it!"

Sin: "Yes yes. Thank you, Elaine."

The shouting didn't deter the people from getting on with their daily lives. 

Sin: "Alright, where do we start from here? We could go to a tavern and find info about Draco and Zero."

Elaine points out: "We do that, and it draws attention to us giving Draco and Zero a heads up that someone is looking for them."

The two wander the streets exploring while coming up with a plan: "If that's not an option, how about we find an info broker?"

Elaine: "Nice idea, only thing is, how do we find an info broker? It's not like they can be out in broad daylight."

"Sin."

"What is Asmodeus."

"Someone here is lurking about. Someone you don't want to ever cross. Be careful, a dark presents is here."

"Darker than you?"

"Darker."

"Got Asmodeus, I'll be cautious."

Elaine waves a hand over Sin's face: "Helloo, Sin. you in there."

Sin snaps back to reality: "Huh oh sorry Elaine, I was talking to Asmo."

Elaine: "What were you talking about?"

Sin walks down the street with her: "There is someone here that got Asmo spooked."

Elaine whispers: "Could it be one of them?"

Sin: "It's a chance, we just have to be careful moving forward."

The stop at a tavern: "Looks like we are looking for info on an info broker. Ironic. Wait, if Asmo can sense them, does that mean they can sense you?"

Sin pushes open the door: "Good question, we may have already been found out."

The Tavern's customers watched closely, not missing a single detail about the two. They were being observed at every step. 

Elaine whisper to Sin: "What tavern did we walk into?"

Sin whispered back: "Don't know but it's too late to back out now. Watch our backs."

With a nod, they continued their way down to the barkeep.

Barkeep: "You two certainly picked a fine place for a honeymoon. I'm Frank."

The tall weather-beaten barkeep cleans a glass with a rag.

Sin: "Hello Frank, I don't want to be rude but I rather not say my name if that's fine by you."

Frank looks around: "Neither do they. So what are you here for."

Elaine sits down on one of the barstools: "First, I'll take rum."

Fank slides a mug her way. She catches it, Frank pops open a bottle and pours the drink.

Frank: "This is no pushover. I'd advise against little lady."

She was a little short than him but still being called little pushed one of her buttons.

Elaine: "You haven't fought a war and not gotten shit-faced. I'm no pretty little petite girl."

She chugs the drink down *AHH*.

"Wow, didn't expect that from her."

Sin: "Okay Mr barkeep, I need to know where the info broker is."

Frank raises an eyebrow: "And what is a couple of fresh faces want with an info broker."

Sin glances around: "Info, like everyone else in this tavern it seems."

Frank chuckles: "You may be right, if you want to meet the broker, wait a while and you'll get a meeting with him."

"This is our only way to find more info on them."

Sin: "I guess I'll take a drink."

Frank smirks: "What will it be."

Sin smiles a mischievous smile: "Let's piss everyone off, I'll take a water."

 

 

 

 

 

Killgerath Empire was founded by a warlord after his crusade on the land. He wanted to find a place to protect his riches and so Killgerath is born. 

 

 

 

 

0