Hiro 2
2.2k 11 63
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

For the longest time, my mom had already told me when I was 10 that I wasn't her child.

"When you were a baby, your village was attacked by demons and you were the only survivor who was alive during the invasion.

Your mother hid you away while she was chased and I only arrive to see her dying and telling me to take care of you. To be honest, I was afraid of raising you since I don't know if I can take care of you.

But you were crying and lonely that your parents aren't there anymore that I took responsibility of you even if I don't know how. But as time grew by and you became attached to me, I decided to become a mother for you and love you as my own."

Yet, even if she isn't my real mom, she took really good care of me that I still felt grateful that she raise me well even I'm not her son.

She provided food, shelter and even teach me everything on how to survive in this world that she was like a real mom to me.

As I said that, she cried and hugged me with her loving embrace as I felt warm with her and comfortable with my life because of her.

She doesn't want me to have a father figure since she doesn't want to force someone in our lives and she always feel happy to put her all into me which I always feel embarrassed whenever I find her smiling whenever I talk to girls.

Teaches me in everything I want to learn, from math to swordsmanship. She even teach me magic which they believe that only nobles could learn. Even with that, she showered me with love and attention that I always have know later at how much she had sacrificed for me to raise me well that by the time I almost became an adult, I was ready to become Independent from her which she felt sad yet happy at the same time.

"Hiro, take this."

"What's this?"

I was given a metallic-like item with intricate design which was quite beautiful to look at. I felt amazed at what I have received yet she just smiled at my dumbfounded look.

"If you have any problems regarding money, you can head to the merchant's guild and show this to the staff. It might not mean much but this is how I pour my love and care for you."

After that, she decided that she wanted to sleep next to me for the last time before waking up to see that she was gone and left a meal and a letter to me.

[I did all I can to take care of you my little Hiro. You are now an adult and you no longer need me to help you grow. Go and become the adventurer you always wanted to be. No matter what, I'll always support the journey you take and the decisions you pick.

- Mama]

A tear rolled upon my face as I began to tear up from the separation of my mom as she knew that I could be independent of her. I didn't act spoiled or wanting to be with her again as I knew that she wanted me to fulfill my dream of becoming an adventurer from the time I always mention this from her as she always smile at me with her tender care and love.

She had always supported my dreams and even helped me train myself in order to not be dumbfounded at not knowing anything from this world.

She was always there teaching me to grow up into a splendid young man that I grew determined to not be swayed at my decision and step forward to the new world I would partake in. For her, for the village that took care of us and even someday....

"Become like those heroes mom told me in her bedtime stories...."

With my bag, sword and a new outlook in life, I set off my journey towards my dream as I turned to my house one more time, seeing the memories of me and her, the happy moments I spend with her as I continue to walk away from the house with my goal in mind.

Honestly, I did not notice that my mom had still been outside in the house as the iconic smile she usually have on me was not there anymore and had been replaced with an annoyed look instead, it as if, she felt tortured to been on my side for a long time.

"Finally, the bastard is taken care off...."

63