Fun 2
1.8k 9 61
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There was in the past when my mom wasn't all loving and cuddling with me.

"As a mother, it pains me to see you wanting to become an adventurer and all but I still fear that you might endanger yourself if you aren't careful."

She said that as she broke my arm without any hesitation as she threw me off a cliff, letting me fall to my death.

"*Sniff* I really felt pain whenever I see you broke your arm and having to fall of a cliff as I could only do nothing if I'm not around you."

'You broke my arm and threw me off a cliff you crazy woman!'

I could only hold my anger as I watch her fall with me....no.

It was not falling but she is literally running beside me while still acting all pitiful and weak, yet the movements of her legs and the fact that she could keep up with me while running downwards was too much scary for me to process before landing on the ground....

Yet she caught me just in time, like she did no wrong.

"Uuuu...I have to watch my child having to injure himself and seeing that someday that he would fend for himself once he becomes an adult...

Its too much for me to bear."

'M-mom....that bear looks like its struggling for its life...'

It wasn't wrong for me to say that my mother was monster due to the sheer strength she wields.

She could move in an instant without breaking any sweat, having to cuddle with a bear while forcing it to bend to her strength and even to act all cute and lovely that she had taken out a dragon without any scratches on her as she smiles at me with her innocent eyes.

It was only when I finally become an adult and having to separate from her did I realize just how much of a monster she was...

--------------------------

When I arrived at the capital to register as an adventurer, I was greeted with a wonderful view of the city with its breathtaking scenes and the amazing view of the castle that had defended itself from countless calamities it had faught over the years it stood.

Yet, when I finally became an adventurer...

"Why are those people so weak?"

Lisa wonders to herself as she and I had to take separate schools due to our paths diverge into different points.

I, who wanted to continue on with my training as a swordsman while she had to join with the other students who were heading to the church to become priests.

It might be lonely for me to separate from her but I need to get strong in order for me to protect her.

Well, seeing as how I easily beat my opponents. Even the strongest senior, Edgar had been bested by me, I slowly feel more arrogant due to it.

Yet, my arrogance had been proven wrong once I met that person...

'Hero'

The title which I wished for as a kid, had been given to that person who had immense strength backing him and...

"I.....I lost?"

Lying on the ground while staring at the sky, I stare at the back of the man who had beaten me as he was surrounded by beautiful woman while looking at me like I did something wrong to him.

"If you wish to be a hero, do you have what it takes to be one?"

There, he had destroyed my confidence as I could lie on the ground, tears began pouring on my face, realizing that I was too arrogant for my own good.

Why would I want to be a hero if I'm not strong enough to beat him?

He reminded me of my weakness and arrogance that might ended up killing those around me as I trained even harder than before and even discarding my weapon to become someone to protect those around me which....

'I-I finally did it...'

Losing my arm for the price of protecting someone I cared about, I smiled as I didn't regret my decision, even if its my stupidity that let me lose a body part. However, I have never regretted my decision to throw away my weapon to become a shield for someone. Even at the cost of my own life.

"H-I-R-O~ Ara Ara~"

Yet.....

As I was currently running away for my life, a memory resurfaces once more, letting me remember the horrible times my mom punishes me for doing stupid things.

There were knights trying to corner me and stop me from reaching to the one place that it was safe, the castle. I didn't stop and continue to run as it was only just a few moments later did I hear those terrifying lines and the voice of the monster calling my name from the depths of hell.

"Are you running well my child~ Can mommy not catch you anymore~ Are you still....."

Right as she continues her words, I turn around to look behind me yet...

'N-Not there.....'

Shuddering from such a moment when I thought she was just running behind me, I quickly relaxed, thinking that I was safe.

Yet, the moment I let my guard down....

"I C.A.U.G.H.T Y.O.U~"

Whispering on my right ear, a seductive yet terrifying voice of a woman looking at me with her eyes staring at me with no emotion, only just her deadlocked gaze and that elongated smile which it was so terrifying that my voice just disappeared on me.

"Ara Ara~ Now its mommy's turn to 'Play'."

"A-ah...."

Screw the hero, my mom is more terrifying than him!

61