Date 2
1.3k 1 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The movie had started as my nervousness went away and turned to the screen, waiting for the movie to start.

Since this movie was picked by him, I would have expected it to be some mystery type genre or a gore type of movie which I imagine him to like.

Unexpectedly, it was a romantic movie which made it worse being the cringy type that I mostly watched with my sister.

She and my brother usually watch those types of movies which made me and my oldest brother cringe yet I couldn't just avoid it since right beside me was someone whom I want to befriend and don't want to hurt his feelings which I just sat and continue on.

Yet, time passes by and I was slowly absorbed by the movie, even with its cringy theme that I didn't notice that Grim took less attention at the movie and gazing at me.

By the time the movie end, I was totally hooked by it that when I stood up, my hand got entangled by another as I turned towards Grim who was surprise and tried to say something.

"You see....I...."

"I getcha man. I didn't know that you could get into watching their romance develop and can't help but hold my hand out of curiosity. I feel like I also want to hold someone I love as well so that movie might invoke the same kind of feelings."

"........."

He seems too shocked to see me just smiling casually as I pulled him away from the theater, looking for something fun to do together since I never feel so liberated trying to hang out with someone before.

Grim's my first friend or something of sort and I want to treasure this moment with him since its actually my first time being with someone.

For me whose only friend was basically a dog, I never really hang out with people due to having a strict family and even moreso too afraid of being adventurous. I learn most of friendship and stuff from movies, anime and such but I shouldn't compare those virtual scenes from real life. Because those things might've been artificial and shouldn't believe that.

One classmate even told us that two guys watching a romance movie was something normal(the girls then told that those same boys were actually gays) but I also believe that Grim might also just likes to watch romantic type of stuffs and just too shy to share with someone.

Maybe he treasure me enough to be more than just friends that my eyes glow in anticipation of a brotherhood between us two.

'Maybe I could play games with him back at my place, hang out to play some sport or even try out new things I never do with another person. Oh boy, maybe having a friend must be like this.'

"..........."

Grim was kinda silent once we got out of the Movie Theater. We head to some fastfood joint where I took a selfie and tried to post it to a social media....

'Oh. I forgot that I'm already dead....'

I pause and just forced a small smile, forgetting that the old me had already disappeared from this world. The person who was just an ordinary guy without any title or fame, discarded by the world itself, was just another past memory of mine.

Yet, there were still parts of the old me who still stuck around, which made the current me.

My lack of achieving a higher goal in my life, the greed and hunger for something more or any higher purpose in my immortal life. Being satisfied with just mundane and moral greed, living a life of playing games, reading novels and such and once in a while exploring more the universe has its stored.

Maybe it was just how secluded I had live while relying my knowledge on virtual things I looked up on the internet and such, I never really was one to be searching far more purpose in life other than living life time would just pass by without me noticing it.

Most people think about their past more, all would desire their respected place in the near future while I wholeheartedly just live in between two planes of existence. Just casually living in the present and not be trying to strive for more. A mature mind with the heart of a child could be summarize in just one phase if I were to explain more to myself.

While I never seen much more in life has to offer, I experience far more what a few have while being mostly alone for most of my life.

As such....

"Act like a couple Grim. Its half price."

"........."

While I never have been someone who still has desire, it seems I still have one thing, even if I had all the power of the galaxy at the palm of my hands....

My inability to be a spenddrift....

37