Fame 2
931 2 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While it wasn't easy to fight against those who wanted a copy of the game, it was worthwhile to be racing in fear and worry of not having one since excitement comes from everything you feel tense about. Like knowing you have finals coming up, getting worked up on a losing game or even being sent to battles on the chance you may die.

For me, its all about the satisfaction of being human and whatnot, even as a god who can do anything I want, I still treasure my humanity from my past life as it delivers happiness, sadness or even longing to everything to discover in life.

One would always complain about having bad luck and whatnot but those people only suffer minor pain while I tolerated mine till the end of life. Though it doesn't stop me from putting up wanted posters of the goddess of luck from time to time.

'Enjoy life to the best of everything.'

The bad ones, the good ones, the crazy ones and even the sad ones. Each contains a memory of what you made and accomplish in life, no matter what happens as once you pass on, you will treasure those moments you made until you are recycled in the afterlife.

[Shock! Master? Why did you do that?]

"........"

While passing by people as I prepared myself to head home, I saw a young woman walk by me as I smiled and made her unintentionally trip which causes her to fall down. Yet as she was falling, a young man catches her as my eyes glow and smiled before walking away as I was being questioned by the system.

"Nothing much, just repaying a debt I couldn't do in my past life."

'Thank you for giving birth to me, Mom....'

I look down to see that there was a string of light was flowing out of me as I traced it which was heading towards that woman as I knew that I was happy knowing that I could repay her for the debt of life I couldn't give her in my past life.

Tears rolled down on my face as I head towards an alley which I disappear from view and returned to my room the next moment.

I began to change myself back into a girl as this form still holds a purpose while checking through a screen which was showcasing the heroes journey as he was celebrated by the townsfolk.

[Hooray for the hero for defending the town!]

[Thank you young man for saving us against the demon invasion.]

[....No, I'm sorry I couldn't save them all.]

The hero looks down to see corpses of some townsfolk who couldn't be saved because of the demons and laments on his weakness of being unable to stop them from doing so.

I could only look at that and smile, knowing that my child had grown up being mature and understanding that my teachings weren't just a fabrication I forced upon him.

To be honest, making this poor sap wasn't something I want to do, mainly because I was basically dictating his life yet I forced this hero thing on him because....

'If I become a hero, would I be remembered by people?'

This kid's passion for fame and glory was somehow in line for keeping the balance that I made sure that I wanted his life to be epic as possible while also keeping my rules in place, knowing I might endanger him.

A good parent would always be worried about the well-being of their children yet I wasn't a good parent because I want him to live his life the way he want it for himself.

If he wants his legacy to be told, I'll force it just to satisfy his happiness. I can't stop his path, even to the point of him dying since its the choice he makes. The most I could do as a keeper of balance was to make his journey a bit easy but not enough to unbalance the rules.

It was mainly my choice to be a woman due to my own life being guided by my mom and not be someone like my dad.

My dad was a great man but a horrible father to be one as all the male generation of the family are unloyal to our wives. My oldest brother abandoned her wife to marry someone younger, the second oldest married off with multiple women and got killed by his wife while I....

'She didn't deserve her fate...'

I was the only loyal one in my family since I was almost ready to marry the girl I dated for a long time due to fearing my family's unloyal curse. However, I had the worse fate when I found out that a crazy girl had killed her due to jealousy because of me and even kidnapped me while being shown the head of my lover while making me watch as she burned her right in front of me.

I had escape and arrested that woman but I lost the will to continue loving anymore and ended up taking care of my brother's children before passing on in the afterlife.

[Saddened. Master...]

"Its alright. She had a good life and she lived the best memories before meeting me so she didn't regret falling for me."

I don't really care if the hero has a harem or anything like that, as long as he makes them happy is the thing I wish him to do. It might not break the curse but at least its better than nothing.

"Well, just playing the new game is better than just stalking the hero so lets just test this baby out whether the game is worth my money or not."

34