Chapter 1 – Starting with a fall
55 6 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A peaceful life is what everyone wants, but what kind of peace actually? How does individual person define peace? Can it easily be achieved?

No matter, it’s just way things goes.

Thinking about it made me confused if my decision was worth it. I help them to achieve a peaceful life, now that they achieved it they start cursing us.

I know, we are not heroes that God’s send, we choose to protect, we agreed to get a little blessing from Demigods offer, and that’s all to it because we didn’t want to be their lackey.

Calling “us” monsters, that should not let live. Ironically, we massacred the monsters that took away their so called “peaceful life”.

Is this how they repay us for helping them, by cursing, blaming, also wanted us just to drop dead?

Really ironic, they want those monsters to be gone but little did they know, they formed an agreement to finish us off with even more monstrous than what we massacred.

The human is twisted in many ways, no not just human, everything is, if you’re good, they abuse you, you fight back, you look bad, you help them, they backstab, you ignore them, they keep following, and the story keeps going.

Those bastards, they just popped out of nowhere and then came to us with killing intent. What are they really? Where the heck did they found them to begin with? Why did they side with them, what kind of sorcery have managed to convince those humans too easily? They’re obviously inhumane.

My skin hair stand up just by feeling their presence. They’re still around here looking for us.

They seem to be good at magic and their fighting style is unfamiliar. The magic they use also is not from this world. As I remember there are elements based only from the first 4, which is Fire, Earth, Water and Wind. Their magic is definitely is not based form them, but still have the same form.

There are still lot of things undiscovered in this world huh? Are they from different part of the world or different world? They still look like a human so probably they are from this world too. What do they desire? Why did they want us dead?

I want to know, I’m sorry my friends for failing you. If ever we get out here alive, I’ll investigate through it, else if I or we die here I already prepared something to bring us back, only I can use this given to me as a gift, after years or maybe more than that and we’re back again not the same person as we are now.

We’ll definitely comeback reclaim our honor and pride.

It should have been impossible to hurt us because basically we are close to the power of Demigod which is the pinnacle of all humans. We are chosen to protect them but got betrayed worst beaten by unknown origins of people.

Next time we comeback and live again, I wish we can meet each other and still become my friends even in different personalities and faces.

---

5 persons laying in the ground, surrounded by burning ruins and craters of battles that partaken, a battle to death. An intense battle has happened.

“My, is this truly our end?” (Mommon)

A badly injured, wounded and soaked in his own blood, holding a broken battle axe handle. The man barely catching his breaths but he can still smile and stay calm despite his current status.

Mommon is the best melee offensive in their group.

“I guess, it shouldn’t have turned out like this if I was better at commanding you all.” (Bell)

Bell is their commander, their brain in their group. They are talking thru their in game voice chat.

“Tsk, those worms dare betray us, after all we did for them!? I’m gonna kill them all, I’ll remember this even in my next life!!” (Lucy)

The women clenched her fist saying as she said.

“Now, calm down that’s not how women suppose to talk. Also, no need to be that serious it’s just a game.” (Lev)

Lev tried to calm enraged Lucy for her to not rage quit.

“Heh, you’re still treating us a woman after we massacred those demons with you? You’re making me blush.” (Amadeus)

She said that as a sarcasm.

“As I said this is just a game! Stop mixing up reality to the game! “(Lev)

“Huh, where’s Stan? Did they get beat up him badly and didn’t even leave a single trace of existence? “(Bell)

“Nah, he already dripped out during the battle you haven’t noticed?” (Mommon)

The 5 person is playing a VRMRPG that they have been taken in to liking lately. It’s a game called “The World” which allows them to play however they want to inside the game, it’s basically a game copy of world with different settings and the world is not yet that developed, the world in the game will develop as they play the game. There are also jobs that can be chosen by the players liking, they can make business, become Adventurer, Heroes, do some main and side quests that can be found randomly and so on.

Bell recommended the game to his friends, he had a hard time convincing the others but still managed to get them to play it. One of them is just lazy to play so she stopped playing before she even reached the intro of the game. While the others have gotten their interest.

They formed a party that only consist of them friends. Bell supposed to be not their leader because he didn’t want to, he knows that he isn’t really fit to it. He ended up becoming the leader because of majority voting in their group. “He is smart so that’s the reason he is chosen” is his friend’s logic.

After hours of playing they said their goodbyes to each other to call it a day, because they have class tomorrow. Bell was deeply thinking he didn’t notice one of his friends haven’t log off yet.

“Hey, what do you guys think if this game will become our reality? Nah they probably gonna think I’m weird if they heard that.” (Bell)

Bell and his thoughts running wild and he ended up leaking it through his mouth.

He had the look of embarrassment and regret when he look at his screen and seen one of his friend still in the party, Lucy.

“This is the worst thing I’ve done in my life! What’s even worst it’s Lucy who heard it! She’s one of the people I met with sharpest tongue! Ah my life is over!”

 Bell screamed internally.

Lucy heard it through their in-game voice chat, it was awkward moment for him as worse that she didn’t responded, he thought she think of him as weird.

He wanted to immediately log off and crawl to his bed but he got a response.

“If this will become our reality, I’ll gladly take it. I’m sick of just going to school everyday I rather go off to an adventure like we do here!”

Bell couldn’t believe what he heard from her, Lucy who is supposed to be the person who don’t say things like that instead just directly laughs and judges things. She got a rant on her life too!? I can’t believe it! He asked himself.

“Be-“

Lucy is one of them that Bell had hard time convincing to play the game yet she loved it very much that she could say that.

“This isn’t the kind of development I wanted!” Bell thought.

Bell couldn’t believe that he was lost in thoughts.

“Bell! What now? After asking such question then you just go silent after I answered!? Wth? “ (Lucy)

An angry Lucy have appeared!

“Ah, sorry I wasn’t expecting you to answer me, also I thought everyone logged off already hahah.” (Bell)

Saying that as Bell slightly scratches his head in embarrassment.

“Hmp, I wouldn’t even answer your stupid question if everyone is here you stupid!” (Lucy)

Bell can imagine Lucy pouting.

“Now now, I’m really sorry if I asked such stupid question. Anyway why haven’t you log off yet? Are you still gonna play?” (Bell)

Bell you’re really stupid, Lucy thought.

“It’s none of your business you idiot! Now I’m gonna log off you idiot see you tomorrow in school idiot! “(Lucy)

Lucy shouted at Bell on voice chat and then she log off the game.

First I’m stupid, now I’m an Idiot!? Bell thought. She really called me an idiot many times in her last words. How am I to show my face again to her tomorrow? Maybe I should wear a mask or something.

After that bell also log off the game and turned off his gadget and get to bed while smiling.

“Thinking about it made my day, I really never thought she feel would the same way a me. I think she’s really an awesome girl.” Bell thought as he falls asleep…

“He---, We----!”

After an hour of Bell being sleep, a distorted voice heard by Bell he thought this as just a dream. The voice continued for a few times. Bell felt like he is floating so he tried to open his eyes.

“Huh? What is this place?” Bell calmly thought.

Bell is floating and is surrounded by just white color, there are no sign of the place to have an edge. Bell tried to move his arm.

“Hmm I can move my arm, the last time I dreamed is I couldn’t move a single part of my body, well it’s a nightmare. So did I mastered to do the, hmm what is it called again? Lucid Dream? “

Multiple light flashes suddenly and the floating Bell ended up falling to infinity.

“Wahhhh!!!!” Bell screamed. “Shit I’m gonna die! I need to wake up!”

Come on wake up Bell, you need to wake up!

Am I dying because of this dream?

No don’t think negatively! Think positive!

Ah, what to do!? Will I really die like this!?

But I seem like falling into unknown depth, what is this?

After an hour of falling.

Ah!! Just let me fall to the bottom of this I’ve been falling for an hour here!

If I’m gonna die just kill me! No need to make me a dramatic death like this!

Bell decided to rotate his body to face the bottom and to see what’s below the infinite pit like.

A table? Books?

Oh shit it seems like this is really my time.

Goodbye world.

Bell closed his teary eyes as he accepted his death already.

After a few seconds of seeing the table, Bell finally hit the ground and it cracked.

“Guehh!” Bell after hitting the ground.

“Huh? I didn’t die? It didn’t even hurt?” Bell thought.

Bell stands up and checks his body.

“Took you a long time to reconnect.” A voice behind the floating chair in front of Bell.

“What is this thing? I didn’t see it when I’m above falling.” Bell replied.

The voice sighed. “It’s because you closed your eyes you idiot.”

“Hey! I’ve been called an idiot many times this day already stop adding from it!” Bell replied.

The floating chair rotated as the voice behind it talks.

“Ah, whatever just listen to me and you can do whatever you like after this.”

A white cat is sitting in the floating chair, and the source of the voice.

“A talking cat!?” Bell.

“Alright stop that already, I’ve heard that many times already.” White cat replied.

“Don’t use my words on me!” Bell.

The white cat sighed.

“Okay now hear me out”

The white cat voice changed as it says the line:

"Welcome to the Land of Infinia, where you can enjoy countless adventures, the world is vast you can do whatever you want, you can become a hero, or an evil! Form a party, use magic or swords it depends on your style."

I got clueless at first but I realized it immediately and asked the cat. 

"Is this an advertisement for a new VR game? Cool, well it feels realistic even if you play this in your dream. I'll definitely try it our when it comes out!" Bell. 

"You're really an idiot aren’t you?" White cat. 

"Alright allow me to introduce myself. I am Cathia, I'm mot your normal cat and assigned as a receptionist to who ever enters this realm. 

I introduce person who end up here to the new world you'll live in! You pissed me off with your idiotic mind, so I won't give you so much details about myself about the world I'm going to send you in and just send a data in your about how things work in that world, also there is already installed device in your head so that you can understand the language in that world, I'll give you something i won't tell as a parting gift!

 I am that generous so be grateful, now fuck off! 

What a talkative fellow when mad, Bell thought. 

After that a big hole suddenly appeared below Bell, there appeared a forest and clouds. 

Huh?

Bell falls again rapidly after that. 

I'm falling again?  Am i gonna really die this time!? 

You bullshit cat! 

0