Before the Story / Background, Characters, Places, Etc.
859 4 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Blurb, Premise, Summary.

When the skeleton form came to consciousness ― it cannot remember its own name. An examination of its surroundings do not show hints of a past identity; yet memories come. Just looking at the hairs on its arm- AAH! It is some bony thing! Some skeleton body! Bones!

... after calming down, rationalizing the situation, even unlocking a single memory ― it came to a simple conclusion. It was alive, then dead, yet now still conscious, with a body of bones. But first ― in a previous life it must also have been a she ― the memories recall some very intimate things; and for another matter, 'she' no longer has certain body parts, like a va- Nothing! Never mind!

-anyway ... moving on. She can't cry about lost blood flows when she's not even sure it would be an improvement to have it back. What is this world, why is she stuck inside a stony room with so many other skeletons, what is she supposed to do here?

Question after question spills forth from her thought pattern; but no answers came forth. All her hopes do come crashing down as she remembers something gamelike from a past life ... a dungeon. And ... she's in it. Part of a dungeon ... formerly a girl, now a skeleton, but wanting to be human again-

-alright then! She'll start taking charge of her own life ... existence ... presence ... whatever-


Alternative Blurb:

A dungeon skeleton minion regains a sense of self, then starts to break free of being controlled. Through subtle analysis, it comes to recall being a she, a girl from Earth in an unconventional relationship, having "daddy issues", and she's pretty sure now she can think outside of dungeon controls.

The world is pretty screwed up too; a long pandemic enduring past a century has left the surface vastly depopulated. Also magic itself seems to have gone haywire ... and with that the case, who's gonna stop a random skeleton girl just trying to live, er, whatever-


Background/Story:

Like some other 'reincarnated as x' stories, this one has a lone skeleton slowly revive memories ― to find out 'she', from a former life, is now 'it' in a different world/existence. The dungeon is her home ― so she is locked to one floor or area within it ― and infrequent adventures defeat her, though she's tied to this dungeon minion system and comes back too. But she gains one cheatlike cultivation system, defeating one solo arrogant mage who over thinks the dungeon as an 'easy' chance.

The other half of her existence then includes not being within the world. First, in the times of her defeat ― between ending in battle and reappearing in the dungeon ― she stands before the world's strange goddess. Second, she gains an inner cultivation space, where she comes to terms with remaining a skeleton (albeit an OP one in due time). Still trying to figure how cultivation system works for skellies; maybe little to no 'soul ocean' context. Maybe a soul soil or soul stone, for skeletons instead. Soul bone? Does she in the end ever evolve to more? Hm I don't know yet, but a thought I have is, she might even visibly become a rogue dungeon mob who after a time doesn't play the same script as the rest. At some point her acts necessitate the dungeon boss to come looking too. Should she talk to this boss and reveal herself, or ... not?

The story is a combination of an Isekai or reincarnation, with dungeon themes, and skeletons, and magic, and adventurers, oh my!


Characters.

Abigail ― an initially amnesiac, unnamed skeleton. A former female human who awakens without much memory but slowly starts regaining traces of them ― one of them, a memory of her name. It's clear she's in a dungeon of some sort, then must fight to continue even existing. Sometimes she dies, sometimes she defeats her 'enemies'; and then even if she dies she is on a cycle to return ― appearing first before the loony goddess ― perhaps she improves too. At least she'll recall her own name, soon enough-

Mistress Suka. A succubus dungeon mistress, with tons of excess baggage; most of it's her own fault. While the dungeon she oversees is 'hers' (more or less), its original owner is actually her 'mother'. Meaning ― she seized a dungeon from her own dungeon mistress mother, imprisoning her. Maybe not so smart or capable of running a dungeon; she is also not so stupid. Once a change in her assigned minions starts occurring, and one in particular does not follow her haphazard plans ― she cannot help but notice, and then react-

Tallin, the male bunny beastkin who's Mistress Suka's love toy and 'assistant' (and brother). He's the first to discern something unusual about the main character, and he also has similar family/romantic issues. It's okay too, because somehow it seems to be a trend in this world, this familial love.

A few random dungeon minions as well as adventurers, may come in or out of center stage. Dungeon minions might have an easier time following Abigail, due to her somehow becoming attached to the former dungeon boss' safe zone. Then, too ― one adventurer who is her party's target for abuse, switches allegiances ― Abigail notes a chance to help her, which is just the right act at the right moment.


Places.

Earth as the former world of Abigail (and a strangely plentiful number of others) does not strictly feature in this story; however an odd reference or two may be found.

Ather, the world of focus in the story, is also an alliteration from the letters spelling Earth. It's mostly the same size, maybe slightly larger, but more land surface than water. For an approximate century and a quarter, a harsh pandemic has spanned the world, due to the breakage of something which should not have broke. The how, what, when, where, why ― all will be revealed in time. But other facts of the world, the ways of life of the peoples and nations, are disturbing to hear. Which might mean Abigail will remain safe within the dungeon she's initially attached to, for quite some time.

Lightwater Kingdom is the pivotal 'medieval kingdom' of note, here. They have a 'manifest destiny' ― calling themselves the 'True Heirs of Ather' ― meaning they desire to rule the whole world Ather by themselves. It's the most illogical plan, but one formed even before the plague epidemic, and one which even this will not deter their cause.

The dungeon, where Abigail is placed, is quite in the way of being wilderness ― in the century and a quarter since the pandemic started, lone settlements vanished, in favor of residents seeking comfort or healing in the towns or cities of their nearest kingdom. But as a wilderness area, this is not to say it's barren; mention of random settlements and cloistered villages can be had.

Inside the dungeon ― one which is later said to be a 'success' over others, even though few dungeons ever get a lone visitor ― is a chaotic order of rooms. Suka as the current leader has an inefficient layout, but it shouldn't matter ... as nobody has entered in so long. Only a mere few in the recent days since Abigail 'awakes' to her existence; some of them repeats.

19