Chapter Eight: Titania
423 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the wake of the god’s quiet reveal that he was returning the supernatural to the world, time for he and his companions began to pass quickly. At the very same moment that the demons were terrifying the soldiers of Fort McCarrin, Manuel was utilizing the potent powers he had been given by his lord to finalize a deal on the largest mansion in the city, as well as to persuade the family who owned the mansion to immediately vacate the mansion with the majority of its furnishings intact, aside from familial heirlooms and the like. 

The merchant informed his master of his success within minutes of Antonio’s terrifying reveal of both his ability to command and create demons and his ability to command and create angels. That wonderful news prompted Antonio to leave, accompanied by the members of his retinue, and return to the world of Earth. When he returned to the tiny little park he had been in when he first entered the extra dimensional space he had spent an hour or so in, he and his followers made their way to their parked vehicle, and boarded it. 

The young god truly introduced himself to the servile A.I. of the vehicle when he entered it and commanded it to take him to his new home. The eager A.I. did so with ease, and took him to a gated community situated in the depths of the rich part of the city.


As my car drove itself to the gated community in which my new home was located, I paused and took a second to glance at the company I had in the car with me. I was seated in the back of the car, which was still in its BMW form, and I glanced at the passenger next to me: Titania. 

She was wearing new clothes, ones fashioned from her own potent magic, that took the form of a surprisingly casual sundress, sunglasses, and a pair of white boots. She had a soft smile on her face and she stared back at me as readily as I stared at her.

“Is there anything you wish to ask me, my lord?” She asked, her soft voice filling with hope and eagerness. Instead of responding to her audibly I chuckled and merely placed my hand out between the two of us. She responded by placing her hand on mine and sighing pleasantly. After allowing myself to feel the warm sensation of her hand on mine for a few moments, I opted to actually ask her something. I turned to face her and smiled pleasantly at the supernatural beauty.

“Titania, do you truly wish to marry me?” I asked the incredibly beautiful brunette. She giggled as soon as she heard my question, and she looked at me with a brilliant smile.

“I do. I know that that may strike you as odd, I’ve been told of this world and this nation, and the attitudes of your people towards things like marriage and I respect them, but that does not strike me as odd. I am a princess, a daughter of an emperor whose kingdom is larger than entire multiverses. I was my father’s favorite daughter. I was allowed to pick the person I wish to marry. I wish for it to be you. The Lord Inheritor.” She said, proudly, and wistfully, as she daydreamed of her home. 

“Do you miss it? Your… home?” I asked, mostly to give her a chance to discuss her thoughts on her home. She looked up at me brightly, and squeezed my hand.

“I do. It was a beautiful palace in a stunning world, far from here. In another universe.” She revealed, as she began to think about her birthworld. 

“My mother, who you evidently already know about, is still there.” She told me, smiling at me as she spoke. Her mother was the legendary Titaness Phoebe, herself a daughter of Uranus and Gaea and Phoebe was also the mother of Asteria and thus the grandmother of one of Earth’s ancient goddesses of magic. 

“Yes, your mother remains known to the people of Earth,” I said, with a smile, causing Titania’s smile to take a prideful turn. “Earth remembers the Titans, though perhaps not as they actually deserved to be known.” I added, considering the way that many scholars of mythology framed the Titans, and the fact that Titania was and is one of them. 

“I mean they would certainly agree with that. Though I doubt that Zeus would like for it to be known that he couldn’t actually defeat Kronos.” She said, half-jokingly, half-seriously. 

“That’s the sort of thing that would harm his ego.” She added, sagely, half a second later. I chuckled as I realized that she was speaking from experience. She had possibly spoken WITH Zeus himself, or at least knew of people who had, which was incredible either way. 

“He lords over a full pantheon of his own…” I muttered, mostly to myself, which put a huge smile on Titania’s face. 

“You know… He is just a god, a lower-case g one. Not what you are. You are a living deity, which is… It’s like putting the word ‘God’ in all caps, as people of this world would say. If you wanted to rule over lesser deites, you could.” She explained, confidently, smirking at me as she attempted to speak in her idea of what a teenager would say.

“You certainly possess the power to create your own pantheon. In the future, when you become known to the grander omniverse, there will surely be gods who opt to do your bidding. You, as a living god, are to gods what the mightiest god is to the lowliest mortal.” Titania explained, proudly. 

“You are a living force, Lord Lopez. You possess the ability to create, or destroy, entire pleniverses at will. You are beyond other gods, beyond anything but perhaps an alliance of gods. If you demand it, they will follow you.” She told me, utilizing a word I had heard before, in my mind, in the wake of me gaining the knowledge that came with “Planeswalker”.  

“A ‘Pleniverse’... A collection of multiverses?” I asked, as I processed the words, though to be fair I was familiar with the concept of “Multiverses” due to comicbooks, and scientific texts. 

“Yep! This universe is one of billions within this multiverse. And this multiverse is one of trillions within this pleniverse. And, perhaps unsurprisingly… There are quadrillions, if not more, pleniverses.” Titania explained, chipperly. 

“And in all of that… I am the last living god?” I asked, as I processed the revelation that the omniverse was so gigantically big. The beautiful brunette smiled and nodded at me.

“Yep! If there are any others out there then they have done a truly spectacular job staying hidden. That said, factions throughout the omniverse will surely be excited to learn of your existence. You can expect… A lot of attention to come your way in the days to come.” She said, teasingly. 

“I see… Things will begin to become busy soon.” I said, as I pondered just how hectic the future was going to become. As I said that I looked out my window and saw the gorgeous mansions that adorned this part of town. Each of them was an enormous thing that stood out in individual and distinctive ways, such as by having specially designed pools or by having things like private tennis courts for their lucky, wealthy owners. 

“Yes they will… And you will rise to the occasion. I have no doubt in my mind that you will be able to overcome the challenges that fate will set before you.” She uttered, confidently, as her eyes began to twinkle with a potent inner light. As she did I chuckled and momentarily glanced at the part of my mind that was filled with knowledge of the future, of the assorted thousands of timelines each sentence I uttered would inevitably produce. A split second later I refocused, with a soft smile on my face and studied her again before speaking more.

“And so… We approach the future. I never would have imagined that there would come a day when I would have a mansion as my home. And now I possess enough wealth to buy every single home and building in the world.” I uttered, still not quite sure what to make of my incredible, world-shaking stores of wealth. 

“You’re quite funny, Lord Lopez. You possess enough wealth to buy personal universes. You could buy every single building on this planet… And every single building that has ever existed in this world, without it costing a percentage of a percentage of your wealth.” She said, casually. As I took in her words they helped me gain some perspective on the true quantity of the wealth I possessed. 

“You are literally the only person I’ve ever met who has more wealth than my father. And his empire consists of entire universes.” She said, as she dismissed even her own prodigious wealth. We were beginning to approach my new home, and I turned my attention to the vast manor that was awaiting us.


We were driving up a large hill, and when we were about halfway up it I began to see the tallest point of my new quasi-palatial home looming overhead in the distance. I could hear the heartbeat of Manuel Mondragon beginning to increase in his chest, even though I couldn’t actually physically see him at the moment. He could hear us closing in on him, and I heard his muscles twitch as he began to smile. 

“Finally… I can see our home.” Titania whispered, confidently. Her confidence… was quite attractive to me. I chuckled and turned to her, curious about something.

“So… Would it bother you, if I were married to you but also other people?” I asked her, already fully suspecting that she would have a specific answer to this. She turned to face me and smirked. 

“Not at all my lord. I know you have not had a chance to learn about your ancestors, but they were often polyamorous. When my father and I converted to faith in you we both accepted the possibility that you’d be a figure who had a harem. We, and I especially, just hope that I can be your head-wife.” She explained, quite casually. She was telling me the truth, I could sense her acceptance of her own words within her soul.

“In fact, if you are eternally ascending that means that everything about you is perpetually increasing. That would surely mean both your attractiveness and your prowess in bed. If you seek to do things like building an empire, then you could easily utilize those attractive attributes to expand your empire and also to secure alliances, such as through marriage.” She said, having clearly thought about this ahead of time. 

“Regardless of whether or not you want a harem, or even if your viewpoint on that changes in the future, I will be by your side. I wish to be your bride, due to your power, your majesty, and to one day be the mother of your children. I know that to you that may well be sudden, but I have been waiting for you for a very long time.” Titania explained, quite easily, as we began to reach the end of the hill, and as the rest of the mansion came into view. 

“I believe that one day we will be married. And on that day, I intend for you to be quite happy. As in love with me, as I am with you. I have waited… millennia for the day you would come to life and begin to shape the omniverse. Alphor, my father, and I never once lost faith in the inevitability of your arrival.” She said, even as we both watched the mansion come fully into view, gleaming and awaiting its new owners. 

The building that we saw waiting for us was stunningly beautiful, a mansion and estate that felt, to me anyway, appropriate for a divinity. And in front of the distant manor stood Manuel Mondragon, who smiled when he saw us approaching him.

A rare thing from me, a largely talk-y chapter that focused on the relationship between two characters. I really liked it, but I tend to be weak at writing dialogue and stuff.

6