Chapter Thirteen: The Second Morning
424 3 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

For many civilizations and even for some entire species, the idea of a "harem" was a simplistic one. For lesser creatures and for less advanced civilizations a "harem" was merely a collection of females sharing a single male mate, often due to the advanced social position and power wielded by such individuals. That was not what the "harem" of a Living God was. 

The harem of a Living God was not defined by things like the sex of the participants, nor did it carry the same sort of social implications that a human's harem might. Since every single Living God was wholly unique, so too were each of their harems. Some Living Gods even didn't have harems! 

Throughout the annals of history, there were plenty of Living Gods who had harems so vast that they purchased personal galaxies for them. On the other hand, some Living Gods were deeply opposed to the entire notion of having vast harems and had either one mate or in some extremely rare cases, zero mates. Only time would tell if the last Living God either embraced the possibilities of having an impossibly vast harem, was satisfied with a single mate, or opted to strike a healthy balance in the middle of these two extremes. 

That said, for the moment Antonio was quite happy. And so was Titania, due to both her own natural desires as well as the desires she felt in the wake of being transformed into a member of Antonio's harem. 

The process of joining the harem of a Living God was an utterly transformational one, it wasn't just something that was done lightly. Titania, a woman who was trained most of her life with the express intent of becoming the wife of such a being knew this long before she met Antonio and so was well-prepared for the transformational process. The instant that she accepted her deity's formal invitation into his harem she gained three abilities that were custom-tailored to her by the unconscious mind of her god and master; "Meta-Immortality", "Bliss", and "Perfect Form". 

The first such ability "Meta-Immortality" was not as invincible as her master's own "Meta-Immortality" was but it was still an incredibly potent ability. The difference between her "Meta-Immortality" and his was that his was independent of anyone and anything and could not be revoked, whereas hers was contingent upon her continuing to be a member of his harem and one in good-standing at that. The second such ability "Bliss" was a potent power that completely erased her ability to feel negative emotions unless her master wished for her too. The final ability possessed by her and by anyone who was in the harem of a Living God was perhaps the most interesting.

"Perfect Form" was an incredibly powerful ability that perfected tailored someone's appearance and physiology to, under normal circumstances, their own ideals but in the case of the power being awarded to someone in a Living God's harem the power did not mold the body to the wishes and whims and of the power's possessor, but rather its grantor. That, in the case of Titania, was a massive compliment since it meant that even unconsciously Antonio saw Titania as ideally beautiful and wouldn't have changed a thing about her appearance even if he could because he could have and didn't. 

Of course, accepting the invite of a Living God into their harem didn't just transform someone by giving them superpowers, it also transformed them on other, equally important levels. Aside from granting them perfected beauty, in the eyes of their god anyway, those who accepted invites into the harem of a Living God were filled with absolute, undying loyalty to their gods, as well as being given an undeniable compulsion to please them. It was a powerful, conceptual process that altered them on a level so deep that it made cellular processes and levels of being, look skin-deep. 

Titania knew all of this going in and was overjoyed to accept her master's invite which was why she seemed so unchanged by the process. Nevertheless, the process had indeed affected her as fully and as thoroughly as it would have affected anyone else who accepted the invite her master gave to her. And she was not the only member of Antonio's retinue who sought to join his harem.


In another part of the massive estate in which Antonio now lived, there was one person who was awake and who was diligently working. Imani Abara, the lovely woman known as "The High Priestess" was currently seated in front of a high-tech computer and was tirelessly working on various documents. 

The primary document she was working on at the moment was a long one entitled "The Actions of Antonio Lopez, a true Living God". It was something akin to a diary she was keeping to document her observations regarding her master. At the moment the document was mostly filled with her actual, natural, conscious observations regarding her master but she was unaware of a few key things. 

The first key thing she was unaware of was that her master knew about the documents she was making. He did not mind this, and in fact, over the course of the night had subtly used his potent telepathic powers to encourage it. The second key thing that she was unaware of was that he was going to use these documents to mold her and guide her without being overt about it. 

Throughout the long night, Antonio had thought long and hard about the sort of god that he had wanted to be. And Imani's entire reason for living, even without him touching her mind in any way, shape, or form had been to spread what she considered "The One True Faith"; whatever religion he created devoted to himself. Antonio was not a creature of raw goodness, nor was he an entirely malicious being, instead, he was something in the middle of those two extremes. And he could imagine a multitude of faiths devoted to him appearing throughout existence. 

It was Imani's deepest wish to be of service to her god, to devote the entirety of her existence to his glory and to him. She wished for nothing more than to be in his presence, to feel his love in her veins, and to be filled with his power. This was not merely a romantic attraction, but a stranger, and in some ways more intense fixation. In Imani's eyes, the entire purpose of existence was to follow the dictates of Antonio, and her purpose was to be the voice and hand of her god. 

As far as romantic feelings went, her heart became Antonio's possession the instant that her master bestowed upon her a microscopic fragment of his power. The instant that she felt his power suffuse her cells she gave her heart and soul in their entirety to the young god and cared for nothing more than to obey him.


The man himself was now filled with knowledge. And in addition to being filled with knowledge, he was filled with greater and greater power. Over the course of the last night, he had powerfully granted himself mightier and mightier powers, and taken careful steps towards mastering one of the most intriguing powers he possessed "Power Architect". 

The incredibly potent power was one he sought to fully master as it allowed him to do things like grant people superpowers and diversify his truly immense set of powers. With it, he could create champions and select heroes to elevate to truly absurd heights with but a simple thought. Beyond that though, the creature had expertly increased his own potent power by taking the time to sit down and experiment with one of his more open-ended abilities. 

Antonio now possessed a truly vast knowledge of things like comic books, superheroes, the fantasy genre, and more, all of which were deeply helpful to him in his capacity as a being whose power was effectively a reflection of his own creativity. Armed with knowledge, Antonio rose from his seat at five forty-five in the morning on the dawn of the second day of his existence as a superpowered being, and he took a second to truly think for the first time in his life.


I got up from my seat and closed my eyes. As I did I activated three of the more potent powers that I possessed; "Causality", "Worldmind", and "Omnikinesis". As they activated and bent to my will I felt my awareness of reality expand in ways that I had never imagined possible. 

I was a man on a mission. I wanted the world to subtly feel my power and that was much trickier than if I had wanted something simple like outright conquest of the entire world. I didn't want to add Earth to my empire just yet, but I wanted to begin walking the planet towards acceptance of my existence and eventually towards acceptance of myself as the sole leader of the planet. By activating three of my more potent powers I was able to see through the strands of fate and learn what would result from any path I chose. 

"Causality" was a powerful power that allowed me to study fate, cause and effect, and time itself. With it, I could easily see the quadrillions of possible fates created by even the most minute actions. "Worldmind" perfected every facet of my mind and brain, and when actively channeled as I was doing allowed me to process an infinite number of streams of information all at once. "Omnikinesis" allowed me to manipulate all matter, all energies, and more, including time itself. 

As I activated and channeled all three of those powers at once I felt my mind expanding to the point that even the world around me was affected by the enormous, previously untapped potential and radiant power of my mind. The floor beneath me began to crack as the power of my mind began to expand and alter reality around me. 

My mind's eye filled with quadrillions of separate images, each of which depicted me utilizing my immensely potent powers to effect subtle changes upon the world, and in rare cases not so subtle ones, such as the spontaneous assassinations of prominent, infamous world leaders and dictators. Some cases were more befitting what I imagined, such as utilizing my immense powers to make the world a more fertile place. And as I watched them unfold, I felt my mind begin to fill with complex schemes, schemes that together would allow me to slowly but surely weave a wide web of influence over the world.

6