Chapter Twelve: Research
346 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the wee hours of the morning on the second day, or rather the first full day, that I knew that I possessed the full, blazing might of a young living god I found myself the sole person in my bedroom who was conscious. Titania was blissfully asleep next to me, her naked body covered by several layers of warm blankets of different types, all of which I had never heard formal names for before today. 

My bedroom was a vast place, complete with several adjoining rooms all of which were considered parts of a vast "Owner's wing" of the house. I kissed Titania's sleeping forehead and used a mixture of my powers to silently phase through the blankets and then off of the bed. I gazed at the breathtakingly beautiful woman for a second, and then pleasantly sighed.

A few nights ago I had been planning for college. Now... Well now I wasn't sure what I was going to do, but to begin I planned to go to the miniature office that was part of "my" wing of the house.


I made my way to the tiny office in my part of my house and as I reached the place I willed some clothes into existence around my once naked body. A pair of white robes winked into existence around my body, which was itself still being affected by some of my properties such as my "Eternal Ascension" which made my body stronger, my mind sharper, and my soul ever more lovely with every passing second. 

The tiny office was an exact replica of the office in the other part of the house, except for the fact that the computers here were optimized for different things than the ones in the "real" office. I walked over to one of the computers, the one that Titania and I had previously agreed would be mine, and used my powers to turn it on. As I did, I silently resolved myself to the task I wanted to do; to go ahead and do the research necessary for me to truly master my potent powers. 

I listened as the powerful Mac-Book computer booted on and with a single soft snap of my fingers willed my clothes to change once more. This time my clothes transformed from the clothes worn by some sort of business mogul on vacation to the casual clothes worn by a college student. I smiled as I felt my clothes shift and change around me, becoming the sort of clothes that I wanted to wear rather than what my followers thought I belonged in. 

When the computer was done booting up I sat in the comfortable leather seat in front of it and began to type on the thing's soft keyboard. As I did I heard the soft voice of the powerful computer, the entity known as the "Siren A.I.", that was attached to me on a neurological level begin to speak to me.

"Good morning Master. What are you looking for? I would like to be of aid." The mechanical voice asked me, curiously. I could hear the emotion within the thing as it sought to help me. I chuckled and opted to include the gentle thing.

"Siren... The truth is that I am still unsure of what to do. I wanted to scour the internet and use it to help learn how to master my powers, as well as what sorts of powers to add to my existing abilities." I explained, mentally, to the thing even as I opened up an internet browser on the computer before me. A moment after my words were uttered I heard the machine beginning to get to work. 

I myself began to casually type on the computer screen before me. As I did I began to think about the sorts of powers that I lacked at the moment.

I lacked plenty of powerful superpowers and abilities. I didn't lack the means to acquire them, but I did lack the powers themselves. With the powers that I currently possessed, I had the means to grant myself virtually any power that I could have wanted aside from things on par with my mysterious "Ex Nihilo" power. 

With "Power Architect" I could grant myself truly incredible abilities, which was something I wanted to do. I had all sorts of abilities, but as an example, I lacked the power to control the weather directly. And that was one incredibly important, and vastly powerful, ability. It was just one power that I currently lacked, but thankfully with "Power Architect" I could correct that.


As Antonio was in the midst of doing potent, life-changing research, the omniverse itself continued to discover and react to the powerful news that one of the mythic Living Gods had been discovered. Antonio's existence itself presented both an opportunity and a threat to countless hyper-powerful regimes, god-kings, and organizations throughout the vast and infinite cosmos. 

In one corner of the cosmos, a seemingly young woman luxuriated in a bathtub filled with fragrant milk and decorated with beautiful flower petals. She was attended to countless handmaidens and watched over by an array of bodyguards. 

The naked woman herself was a radiant visage of beauty, one who resembled what many thought the average American would consider representative of the ideal beauty; she was a tall, buxom blonde woman with blue eyes and soft pink lips. Ferosorra D'Niles sighed as she read over the report one of her handmaidens was showing her. The handmaiden was carrying a device that was not dissimilar to an iPad in design, and her empress, the woman in the milk bath leisurely took her time reading the report. 

"A Living God..." She muttered, mildly amused by the rediscovery of one of those creatures. 

The empress was one of the cosmically powerful beings who had been one of the first to hear of Antonio's "discovery" since none of the beings who knew of Antonio's existence in the vague sense had yet to meet him. None of them even knew where he actually was, only which pleniverse he was in. That was remarkably little information, and the empress knew better than to try and search him out. Such creatures had a nasty array of abilities that they could bring to bear against anyone who sought them out without their permission. 

"Empress, the rediscovery of a Living God is... It's not a laughing matter! It calls for a council of empires, for the unification of armies..." The handmaiden protested, quietly. Her empress was a creature of patience and forgiveness, so she allowed the woman's impoliteness to go unpunished. Instead, she just looked at the woman with a light smile on her face. 

"Little one... You were a historian once, weren't you?" The empress asked, her smile never losing the edge of amusement on it. The handmaiden nodded at her, curiously. This caused the empress to continue to speak. 

"Have you ever researched the Living Gods?" She asked, continuing her line of questioning. The handmaiden, one of many truly ancient immortals dwelling within the empire, racked her brain for a moment. And then the handmaiden, who possessed one of the most desired careers within the empire, shook her head. 

"I was not so lucky as to earn the honor of studying them. Such a privilege was reserved solely for the brightest minds of the institutions of higher learning." The handmaiden revealed, though not quite unhappily. It was clear, in the tone of her voice, that she had mixed feelings about that. Her empress nodded at her respectfully.

"I see that age has humbled you. An admirable trait that many in my courts would be wise to acquire themselves. Nevertheless, in that case, allow me to share with you a belief that many historians and theologians have told me in hushed whispers; the Living Gods were so mighty that they created pleniverses with the same ease that an artist might sketch an apple." The empress began, her smile turning into a smirk.

"The Living Gods once lifted entire universes on their backs. They could create concepts and distort fate itself. Allow me to ask you... Do you truly believe that all of the empires in the omniverse put together could stand up to even one mature Living God?" The empress asked, a conspiratorial look on her face as she suggested a not-unheard-of theory but one that enraged many people. The handmaiden gasped as she heard her mistress reveal these thoughts.

"Empress... You believe that the Living Gods allowed themselves to fall?" She asked, rhetorically but also more out of instinct than anything else. Her empress merely smiled at her in response.


Antonio sat in the room, reading countless computer pages, as he did his powers grew, not in scale but in diversity. And as they did, he felt his potent skills rising, and a smile slowly but surely etched itself onto his face. And as the minutes he spent researching, scouring the web for ideas about superpowers, turned to hours, the sun began to creep over the horizon. Eventually, in the earliest hours after the sun began to appear and clear the sky of the view of stars, Titania awoke.

The beautiful titan-born smiled in the direction of the one she worshiped and looked around the bed. She found herself alone, but not unhappy. Instead of feeling any sort of unhappiness, she felt a comfort she had never known, a sort of wholeness and purpose that had eluded her throughout the powerful creature's entire life. 

She was naked, her soft skin visible to anyone lucky enough to gaze upon her. The ethereally beautiful being silently got out of her bed and slowly walked over to the small office that was part of the vast owner's wing. When she reached the man she considered her husband, she walked up behind him and lightly kissed his dark hair.

"Good morning my love." She whispered as she hugged the young man. He silently returned her affections, smiling as he placed a single dexterous hand on her soft arms and kissed her lightly. 

This is a much shorter chapter than usual, but it is my hope that I can get more out today.

I can confirm that over the next year I plan to try and evenly distribute my time across the several stories that I am currently writing. That said, if you like the thought of a dark version of this story, consider reading my multi-fandom story "The Overlord of Greed Gets Jumpchained" which features a Living God protagonist who gets jumpchained! Also, I am now going ahead and connecting this story with things like the Power Creator series of CYOAs by MythicLegendary (the same person who wrote the Living God CYOA this story is based on) and, in part, on the

8