Chapter Thirty Five: Space & Time
155 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The humans of the planet Earth went about their daily lives unaware of the fact that there were now two powerful, divine beings watching them. One of them was a lazy divinity named Felmoco. Felmoco watched over them from the depths of his personal plane, the dimension that all gods possessed that was unique to them and served as their seat of power. 

To him, the people of Earth were little more than unwitting participants in one of the less ethical reality T.V. shows in existence. He cared not for their struggles, and only cared if they entertained him in some way. He was not Antonio, he did not desire to interfere with the lives of Earth's humans nor did he desire to learn from them. 

On the other hand, the other figure who watched Earth's humans was the previously mentioned enigmatic figure named Antonio. The strange divinity was the opposite of Felmoco, in that he was not some lazy, motionless entity. The powerful deity who had now decided to become fully omnipresent throughout the entire planet was constantly planning, constantly moving, and refused to idly watch over mankind. 

The mind of the mighty being was a steel-trap, even beyond his incredibly powerful psychic abilities. When the two mixed, such as when he used "Multisense" to peer all over the world and thus gave his psychometry a powerful chance to run rampant, the result was something utterly incredible. At the moment the divinity was allowing his mind to gain something swiftly approaching omniscience with regards to Earth as a number of his abilities mixed all at once. 

Beyond the usual mixture of abilities that he allowed to be passively on, such as psychometry and multisense, other powers were readily being utilized at the moment. One of the most powerful power combinations he possessed as far as knowledge and abilities went was his fusion of multisense with psychometry and a passive power he possessed entitled "Copycat".

That last ability was a powerful mimicking superpower that allowed him to replicate the feats of others if he had seen them. The real trick to that second ability was that he didn't need to be physically present when someone was performing the feats in question, he only needed to see it. That allowed him to abuse the power and peer into the past to be able to skillfully steal the abilities of others, from things like their skill and ease performing complicated surgeries to their ease behind the wheel of cars, planes, submarines, and other vehicles. 

The incredible entity also possessed a number of other, equally potent passive powers. Some of them belonged to a different class of powers, such as his "Oracle" ability which allowed him to peer into the future in the context of his choices, while others were related to other people such as his "Numerology" power which gave him the ability to utilize his own mind to predict the future as it related to other things outside of his control. With it, he could see the probabilities of actions and make all manner of handy predictions even without bothering to rely on one of his greater Living God abilities. 

That said, at the moment the god wasn't existing passively. He was instead doing something incredibly important. He was practicing.


At the moment my primary consciousness was somewhere else. Instead of residing on Earth, as the largest aspect of myself had done for the majority of the time I had been aware of my true existence as the final living god, I was currently deep inside of the dimension to which my black artifact was linked. 

I was in the middle of an empty chamber, one that was so incredibly vast that I knew that it was stretched for entire light-years. My vision, thanks to the limitless, passive power of "Eternal Ascension", was enough for me to be able to see into the distance and even all the way through to the other side of the chamber. The fact that my abilities, and my senses, had become so acute brought a smile to my face.

The room would have been an impossible thing to construct, had the powers that designed this strange dimension obeyed the laws of physics. As a living god I knew better than to think that my people and our servants were so limited. Our powers easily defied physics and other laws which were inviolable by lesser beings. 

The room was a perfect place to test out some of the powers I had gained, and some of the ones I had gifted myself utilizing "Power Architect". I gazed up at the ceiling in the vast distance, and wordlessly pointed at it. As I did I activated one of my powers, "Newton's Hammer", and willed a gravitational shift that lifted me off of my feet and towards the distant ceiling. 

I began to speed towards the ceiling and chuckled as I gazed at my surroundings. I allowed this to occur, and for a second I even reminisced on what it was like when gravity held real power over me. Thanks to the millennia of memories I had within my mind my own memories from before yesterday were an incredibly small amount of what was now more loosely defined as "my" memories. That said, I knew how easily and powerfully gravity affected other creatures, creatures far less powerful than myself. 

After a few seconds passed in which I continued to hurtle towards the ceiling, I freed myself from gravity's effects with a single mental twitch. I instantly came to a stop, floating freely dozens of meters in the air. I could see the ground in the distance, and for a moment I motionlessly floated in mid-air.

The chamber I was in was lit up by a strange light that seemed not to exist in any sort of real space or actual, physical dimension within the area but nevertheless radiated light capable of illuminating the place. The light was gentle but was easily bright enough for me to see with it. That said, my own eyes were not dependent on light to see and I could see perfectly independently of any actual light in a place. I could even see in total darkness, as my eyes were not made of physical matter but rather of celestial substance, the distilled essence of perfection and flawlessness itself.

As I hovered in mid-air, unaffected by the gravity I had previously shifted, I chuckled and considered which of my powers to practice next. Each usage of my abilities brought me a wealth of experience and familiarity with them, pushing my powers further and further with even the simplest twitches of my powers. And even if I passively did nothing I gained minuscule amounts of experience and familiarity with my powers, simply by observing the omniverse around me. That said I was not passive, I did not want to wait and master my abilities through inaction.

I was going to master my powers myself, and not by simply waiting around for it to happen. I turned my gaze towards the end of the chamber and pointed at it. As I did I again willed gravity to shift around me and hurl me towards the other side of the chamber. I immediately began to fly towards it, and allowed myself to be moved by gravity again. As I rocketed forward, gravity eagerly pulled me to my destination, following my orders as faithfully as a well-trained hound obeyed its master. 

Gravity was as mine to command as time was. And that sort of power was incredibly exciting. With it I could rearrange the universe with ease. And yet it was far from the most potent power I possessed. Nevertheless, I refused to underestimate it. 

"If I am to be an emperor, to stand above others... Then I must master every component of myself." I uttered, before willing myself free from the hold of gravity. 

That was the truth of why I was here, actively honing my abilities. If I was going to proclaim myself an emperor I needed to push myself towards perfection and self-mastery. To proclaim myself an emperor was an audacious act, it was a declaration of my superiority, my fitness to rule. If I wanted others to respect that declaration, and even to agree with it, I'd need to actually stand above others.


The would-be emperor was a picture of midair grace as he floated in mid-air. He was an elegant sort even when dressed in little more than gym clothing. This was not just due to the staggeringly powerful effects of his mighty "Eternal Ascension", but also due to the might of the other powers that flowed through him. 

Powers like "Leviathan" and "Hyperion" bolstered his grace at all times, due to the immaterial nature of his physiology. They were indeed further boosted by the raw potency of "Eternal Ascension", but to say that his immense grace was due solely to that power would have been to ignore and do a disservice to his other powers. 

The god possessed a godly agility and dexterity even in the air. He took to the skies with a level of ease that was downright supernatural, and as he floated in mid-air he gazed at his surroundings and considered which of his mighty powers to practice next. That said, even floating in mid-air was a mighty exercise for the purpose of honing his skill with his powers. 

His body was slowly but surely growing ever stronger and his skill as a flyer was steadily improving as he scanned his surroundings. He was a picture of grace and masculine attractiveness as he stoically considered which of his powers were the ones that most deserved to be the focus of his immediate attention. It took him a few moments to opt to focus on some of his more utterly unfair powers, namely his potent and innate mastery over time. 

The divinity closed his eyes and willed time itself to stop. And time, ever his obedient servant began to obey him, reality itself seeming to do something akin to pausing all around him. Fortunately for the omniverse, even he lacked total and unquestioned mastery over time, but it was a potent and limited power over it, enough that the universe he was inside of came to a total halt.


All over Earth, and beyond, reality froze. Everything that wasn't Antonio, or one other special person, came to a sudden and overwhelming stop. Bullets sailing in mid-air stopped, light shining from the brightest suns in the universe froze, and more than that even gods were frozen in the depths of their lairs. Only cosmic deities and any other ascendants could even hope to resist this, and there were none in Antonio's birth-universe aside from Rebeza. 

The potent archdemoness was in the middle of lounging in her room when reality itself seemed to come to a stop. She noticed this due to a sudden and potent lack of any sound, something that her enhanced senses effortlessly and immediately noticed. The sly archdemoness thought this strange and so she opted to investigate it.

She walked to her door and was grateful to find that even though time was frozen, she could still interact meaningfully with the physical world. This was a discovery she made quickly, thanks to her attempting to open her own door and the sight of the thing responding to her touch with ease. The door swung open and the villainess watched as it moved exactly as far as she pushed it, stopping the instant she let go of the thing. 

"Weird..." She muttered, not having ever seen a power that froze time like this in her millions of years of life. Her own ability to freeze time worked differently than this one did, since with hers she was in control of time rather than someone else. She was able to decide how things could interact with each other when she froze time, and she was currently powerless to do so at the moment. She was forced to obey rules she didn't know, and that wasn't a fun feeling for a being as mighty as she was.

Nevertheless the instant she moved forward to step out of her room she heard the distinctive sound of someone teleporting into existence behind her. She stopped and smiled when the distinctive smell of Antonio filled her nostrils, and set her mind at ease. 

"Hello, love..." She whispered, sultrily. Her "husband" chuckled and greeted her warmly.

"Hey there Rebeza. Want to go grab Titania? We're gonna go on an adventure." He replied, a look of light-hearted mischief on his face as he spoke. Rebeza, ever eager for more adventures, turned and nodded at her chosen mate. He chuckled and placed a hand on her shoulder, before utilizing immense powers over space itself to teleport the two of them out of Rebeza's room, a place she planned to only live in temporarily, and into the room that Titania and Antonio shared. 

The two of them appeared in the shared room's closet and found themselves gazing upon a frozen Titania who was in the middle of grabbing clothes in which she could go to sleep. She was stuck gazing at a light shirt in her hand that if worn would have been worn for the sake of enticing more attention from Antonio. This made the deity smile, even as he reached forward and placed his hand on Titania's shoulder. 

This action made the Titaness gasp and drop the shirt, and the instant that it left her hand the thing froze in place, suddenly as frozen in time as she had previously been. Antonio wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close, making the young woman begin to smile as she recognized the warmth and body heat of her lover. 

1