Chapter 3: The First Step
59 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up from my nap. Ah, that was some relaxing nap though it does feel weird sleeping at someones else's place. But at least I have more energy to explore this world.

*Stomach growls*

I'm starting to get hungry again. But I don't want to impose on Albus-san any further, but I really can't fight my hunger.

I went outside the room to find Albus-san and ask for some food. It would be risky if I just ate something randomly, especially since food items here are different from what I'm used to, back in my own world.

As I got out of the room, I headed straight to the dining room. Well, there isn't any other place to search since the house only consisted of six sectors, three of which are rooms, one dining area, one kitchen, and one storage room. It also seems like all houses in the village have the same layout based on the size of the other buildings.

After I got to the kitchen, I saw someone, but it was not Albus-san. It was a girl. She had long red hair that reached down to her waist. Wait, she's the one who brought those earrings earlier.

I took another step into the kitchen, and the girl immediately noticed me and turned towards me.

"You're awake."

"Uh, H-hello..."

"Oh, sorry, you must be confused. I'm Emma Albus, the daughter of Grim Albus. Nice to meet you."

"Ah, nice to meet you, I'm T--"

"...?"

Shoot! I almost said my real name by instinct. I almost forgot about the fact that I lied about having amnesia. Hopefully, she'll overlook my slip-up.

"Sorry, I would introduce myself too, but I forgot my name."

"Oh, yeah, you lost your memories. Then, you wouldn't mind if I give you a temporary name, right?"

Thank goodness. Emma-san ignored it.

"Yeah, it's okay."

"Hmm... then, I'd call you Bruno."

"Bru... no...?"

"Yes, It's because you have brown eyes and dark hair. I based it on the language of the Elbus continent. Where Brun means brown, and Noir means black. Is it okay?"

"Mhmm... Then from this day on, my name will be Bruno."

As I said that, my stomach grumbled.

"Oh, you must be getting hungry. I'll go get something for you to eat." She said as she was hiding her laughter.

"Sorry, and thank you."

"It's fine. It's fine."

Ah, why did my stomach have to growl? That was embarrassing as hell.

Then after a few minutes, Emma-san came back with a plate of unfamiliar food.

"Here you go, I got you grilled, Pora."

"I'm sorry, I had you make food for me."

"No, no, it's okay. It's just common courtesy to serve the guest, and besides, I didn't have anything to do anyway."

"Then, thanks for the food."

Pora, huh? A while ago, I tasted Rook, and now Pora. I don't even know how these animals look. The guidebook didn't mention anything about them.

I read the entire book, but I still have tons of questions about this world. There's a lot of mystery behind this world.

"Oh, you're going to the mage doctor later, right?"

"Uh, yeah, I almost forgot about that."

What is the mage doctor going to do anyway? By the name alone, it's evident that he uses healing magic. Based on what I read in the guidebook, there isn't a definite number of magic types. The book said that there are at least 2-3 magic types discovered every month. The book also mentioned that the most common ones are healing, curse, creation, travel, analysis, strengthening, slave, projectile, taming, revival, poison, cloning, foresight, cloaking, flight, protection, elemental, navigation, and summoning. I'm surprised I even remember them all.

At least now, I can relax knowing the isn't some memory reading magic. Well, there might be, but it isn't that common. It would be dangerous if someone knew I came from another world. But I should ask Emma-san about that doctor, to be sure.

"Uhm, Emma-san. Can I ask you something about the mage doctor?"

"If it's something I can answer, then sure."

"What type of magic does the mage doctor know of?"

"If I remember correctly, he knows level 5 healing magic, level 2 revival magic, and level 3 analysis."

"I see..."

Additional information about magic. Magic has 100 levels, according to the book. And magic is not something that you get when you are born. It's something that's learned. Similar to people on Earth learning how to play instruments. That also means I have a chance to do magic! If I get the opportunity, I'll ask the mage doctor to teach me.

But based on the statement of Emma-san about the level of the magic the mage doctor can use, it seems that magic is hard to learn either that or the mage doctor is not that adept at magic. I mean, there's nothing wrong in trying. Since it is something you don't see back on Earth, so I'm kind of excited to see how it works.

"Why did you ask?"

"Oh, nothing, it was just curiosity. How about you, Emma-san. Do you know any magic?"

"Me? Well, compared to the mage doctor, I only know 1 type of magic. It's level 3 strengthening."

"That's amazing! Could you teach me?"

"Eh, amazing, you say? You don't know magic?"

"Honestly speaking, I don't."

"I mean, I could teach you if you want, but I'm not that good at magic. Is that okay?"

"It's okay. Learning something is better than learning nothing at all."

"Then, if there's still time after your appointment with the mage doctor and get your memories back, I'll teach you."

"I'm looking forward to it!"

Yes! I get to learn magic, and most of all, from a pretty maiden. She looks like she's the same age as me. Ah, going to this world was the best choice after all. I don't have to deal with being alone and getting shunned. At least in this world, I got myself a friend, Emma-san. I could stay in this world for the rest of my life.

After eating the grilled pora Emma-san made for me, I headed to the mage doctor's office with the guidance of Emma-san.

When I arrived at the mage doctor's office, the doctor immediately went and cast healing magic on me while Emma-san was waiting for me outside. Of course, there was actually nothing wrong with me. After many attempts of healing magic on me, the mage doctor apologized to me.

"I'm sorry, but my magic level is too low to heal your memory loss. It must have been a serious head trauma, or perhaps someone might have used a high-level memory removal magic on you."

Memory removal magic? The book didn't mention that! So, it does exist, but it's not that common. I think it's best if I stayt away from those who could use it. It might prove to be troublesome if they knew that I'm not from this world.

"It's okay. And can I ask you something?"

"What is it?"

"Do you teach magic?"

"I'm sorry, but if you want someone to teach you magic, I won't be able to help. But if you really want to learn magic, you could ask Bardrick Wallner. He's a retired magic teacher he could teach you if you ask him nicely."

"I see. Thank you, doctor."

I left the office to meet up with Emma-san, who was waiting for me.

"So, how was it? Did you get your memories back?"

"Sadly, the doctor wasn't able to cure me."

"I'm sorry."

"You don't need to apologize for anything. Don't worry. I'm not bothered that I lost my memories. I'm okay as I am now, even without my old memories."

I don't know how much longer I could keep up this lie.

"I see. If you're okay with that, then I'm glad for you. But what are you going to do from now."

The question hit me hard, like a test I didn't study for, but she did have a point. What am I going to do from now on? I doubt I'll be able to live with Emma-san and her father for the rest of my life in Miltis. Frankly speaking, I didn't come up with a goal since coming to this world. All I wanted was to escape that hell of a society. But now that I'm actually here, what should I do?

Ah, I thought of something. It might be a stupid goal, but I want to do what I couldn't in the real world. I want to make friends! Not only in this village, but from different parts of Miltis! But to achieve that, I need more knowledge on how this world works, and of course, the power necessary to protect myself and my friends. My goal sounds like something that an optimistic kid would say, but who's to judge what makes me fulfilled and happy! I won't let anyone ruin my life! Not anymore!

"So, Bruno-san. What's your plan?"

"I plan to explore the entirety of Miltis and make friends!"

"What kind of goal is that?" She said as she was laughing.

"There's nothing wrong with it."

"I didn't say that there was something wrong with it. In fact, I like it. Instead of pursuing materialistic goals like others, you chose to make friends instead. If you really plan on adventuring the whole of Miltis, take me with you."

"Eh? I'm okay with that, but what about your father? Would he agree to it?"

"I'll make him."

"Please don't say that with such a scary face..."

"Hehe... Oh, yeah, what about our discussion a while ago. You wanted me to teach you magic, right?"

"Speaking of magic, do you know Bardrick Wallner?"

"Yeah, the retired magic teacher."

"The doctor recommended him to me."

"Well, we could go to him right now if you want to."

"If it's okay with you..."

"Let's go then."

Emma-san grabbed my hand and began to lead me to Bardrick-san's house. I don't know the significance of holding hands in this world. But as a person from Earth, this feels weird. But on the other hand, I could call this the first step of my goal in Miltis!

 

[AT: For today's chapter... hm.... I can't really say much about it, but if you enjoy reading it consider joining my discord channel https://discord.gg/7E75M6CfkJ.]

1