CHAPTER 6
1.1k 2 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

I slowly opened my eyes when someone was tapping my shoulder. I looked at the person whose waking me up. That person gave me a warm smile.

" Wakey wakey Mr. Sleepyhead"

While rubbing my right eye, I turned my gaze to the window.

"Are we gonna landing?"

"Nope" I looked at her with a questioning look.

"Then why you wake me up?"

"Nothing, I just want to" the playfully laughed.

" Seriously Kyrie, I'm having a wonderful dreams just now then you wake me up because you just want to?"

She just laughed again.

"What's the wonderful dreams of yours?"

"Secret" then I winked at her.

" Let me guess... it's me right?" She said that, then smiled at me playfully.

I laughed hard when she said that. Her confidence level is soaring high!

"Are you a fortuneteller? How do you know that?"

"Of course I know you have an hidden desire to get me. Anyways, let's eat I'm hungry"

"So that's reason"

Two years have passed since I met Mom and Blaise and became my new family.

Those years,Kyrie and I became close. At first she's really distant and treating me cold, but when Mom assigned me to handle some business projects and make Kyrie as my assistant, I used that as a bridge to befriended her, like what I said last time, she's a well-trained fighter, so it's better to be her friends than an enemy. Slowly, she showed her other side.

Interacting with her, I learned many things like in business and she even taught me taekwondo, jiu jitsu, kickboxing and many more. Learning that make my body become leaner and stronger. That's the only useful thing I learned from her and the rest, just the dumb things.

My impression to her gradually change as time passed by. The cold and strict version of her change into playful and a bit of silly. Her true personality only showed if they were together, and even to Mom she didn't let her true personality show. She always says to me that work and personal life are different; that's why she shows different sides of hers.

"If you hungry, just eat. you don't need to wake me up"

"You know I loss my appetite when I'm eating alone"

One thing I discovered about Kyrie she hates to eat alone. That's why ever since we worked together, I 've always accompanied her, even I'm not hungry . When she found a new restaurant or was craving something, she always asked me to go with her, and if I refused she would drag me along with her.

"Come on, I was just right beside you"

"Whatever" then she shoved the sandwich in my mouth.

Is she trying to kill me?!

I had no choice but to take a bite on the sandwich while glaring at her.

"Oh my god That glare makes me wet. Are you having an urge to attack me now?" She seductively licks her lips.

"It's opposite"

"Mou~ I don't like that reaction"

This girl like to tease me, but I am not that kind of guy who easily will get embarrassed and blush.

"Hey, I just want you know that there's other people here in the plane."

"Well, even I strip here, they will not pay attention on me. That two young flight attendant only paying attention on you" then put a sandwich in my mouth again.

Yeah, I noticed that, too, that two young flight attendants have been eyeing me since we boarded. There's a big possibility they think I'm rich since we're using a private plane.

Well, sorry girls I'm just a freeloader.

Even if I get adopted doesn't mean I have a right to the money of the Decartes Family. That's why when Mom suggests to me to work at her company, I accept it right away without hearing what kind of job that will she give to me. Since I homeschooled I have a lot of time.

And that was the decision that I regret the most.

I thought the job that Mom offered to me was just a simple job since I'm just a student and I have no idea working as an office worker, but I'm wrong she assigned to me to handle some of the business projects that cost millions!

That time I really think Mom is really crazy. When the board of members and investors find out that she let a 16-years-old boy without any background or experience in business matters handle that project, they get really furious.

By the way, Mom is the CEO of the biggest conglomerate company in the country.

I talked to Mom about it and tried my best to change her decision, but she didn't.

She assigned Kyrie to teach and help me with that project. Thanks to Kyrie that project become successful.

After that, Mom assigned to other projects, just like now I just finished a business deal overseas and now Kyrie and I are going home.

"Well,how you gonna tell to Blaise about your hair?"

Oh, right, I forgot about it.

"I tell her everything"

"You think she accept that? You know how she loves your long hair."

I kept my hair long since Blaise really loves it. But a few days ago, I supposedly had a meeting with the potential investor, but it got cancelled. That time Kyrie had personal errands, and she said she would meet her cousin. So the result I stayed in my hotel room and I got bored, had nothing to do, when I saw a scissors, don't know, but I suddenly wanted to cut my hair. And I cut it. After that, I go to the nearest hair salon to have a proper haircut.

Now I have a short textured haircut with a low fade. This hairstyle makes me more mature.

I sighed.

"I hope so."

A few hours after we landed safely, I tell to Kyrie to go home since I know she's tired, she didn't sleep the whole flight. I tell the driver, who is supposedly the one who drives me home, that I drive her home.

I still have to visit Blaise's university, I heard that her school is currently having a festival, I will surprise her to lessen her anger I know she will be angry after I cut my hair. Though these past years she didn't get mad at me, but I still have to be careful, she became a monster when she's angry.

I ride the train going to university; it's jam-packed. I was standing near the door. I noticed that most of the passengers were high school students, some of them chatting happily with their friends, others flirting with their boyfriend and girlfriend, and some reading books. If I'm not mistaken this month, will the school year end.

Come to think about it, I never got a chance to go to middle school. I only finished my last year in Elementary. I remember that time me and my twin sister had a lot of friends and enjoyed playing with other kids. After that I didn't have a chance to go to middle school because I that time I became a beggar.

And I now I was homeschooling. If I go to high school, then next school year must be my last year in high school.

I want to try to go to high school. I want to feel like a high school student.

My plan is I maintain homeschooling then go to college but....

After seeing these high school students, it makes me curious what their life as high school students is like.

Although by observing them, they are still childish, immature and they are being careless like they don't have any problems, and even if they have problems, they will just laugh at it, then everything will be okay again and I found it peculiar.

Is this the normal attitude of someone the same age as me? Or am I the one whose indifferent here?

Did I ever laugh genuine like them? I don't remember.

 

29