CHAPTER 15
748 2 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Varix finally arrived in front of her mother's company. This was his first visit here. He worked here but never visited; the reason is that the projects his mother assigned him were all field projects, and when he had to write a report, he preferred to work on his room in the mansion rather than the company.

He walked right through into receptionist and inquired about Eliteia's office location.

He tried calling her a few times, but she didn't pick up. He figured she might still be working, so he'd ask the receptionist.

"Hello, may I ask which floor the CEO's office is on?" he politely inquires of a young blonde receptionist at the front desk. Three other receptionists are seated next to her.

"Good afternoon, may I inquire as to whether you have an appointment?" the young receptionist asks him gracefully.

"Ah, I don't have an appointment, but she's already awaiting my visit," he says as he place his elbows on the desk. It's a little unsettling just standing there, knowing that some people there staring him.

"Sorry, Sir, we have a strict regulation that no one without an appointment is allowed."

"Could you please contact her office and inform her that Varix has arrived?"

"Just a moment," the young receptionist said as she began dialing. Varix rested his chin on his hand that place in the table, glancing at the young receptionist who was currently on the phone with his mother's office.

The receptionists are beginning to wonder who he is. He's attractive enough to court their Madam, but they thought he's a little too young for their Madam

The three receptionists begin to converse in hushed tones.

"Who's that?"

"I'm not sure, but he's asking our Madam office floor," 

"Isn't he drop dead gorgeous?"

"Yes, and his eyes are a different color" 

"Do you have any idea who he is?"

"Perhaps one of our Madam suitors," 

"However, he appears to be quite young."

"What suitor? You know our Madam, isn't she a man-hater?"

When someone shouts loudly, the receptionist's chattering comes to a halt.

"OMG! Boss Varix, you cut your hair!" Varix was shocked by the yell, which drew the attention of everyone in the reception area.

He turned around to see who it was.

"It's great to see you again, Mr. Johnson."

"Ouch, seriously, Boss... MISTER, can't you see I'm wearing lipstick today?" 

Varix chuckles awkwardly, forgetting that the tall, muscular man in front of him is gay. He and Mr. Johnson's team used to collaborate on a project.

"Sorry my bad"

"Wait Boss..."

"GIRLS! OUR PRINCE IS HERE!" he said excitedly to the six young ladies who had just exited the elevator. Varix's eyes widen as he notices the ladies, and if he isn't mistaken, Mr. Johnson holds a higher position in the company; how can he act so carelessly?

They were being observed by the girls who had just exited the elevator. When they all saw Varix, their eyes glowed like gold in front of them.

And all of a sudden, they ran toward to him.

"KYAAA! Boss!" Varix was taken aback when he saw them rush towards him. When those ladies become athletic, they run so fast, he thought.

He only wants to pick up Eliteia. Why he need to meet these crazy team? Mr. Johnson's team, also known as the Insane Team, is composed of wild and crazy ladies who are always causing trouble, but they are all talented, which is why, despite their craziness, they have never been fired. Varix was given the opportunity to work on them only a few months ago, and they quickly close on him.

"What's up, ladies," Varix said with a nice grin.

"Boss, your so handsome "

"All right, you're starting to resemble an idol now."

"Is this a sign, Boss, that you're looking for a girlfriend now? I'm single."

"Me too."

"We're all single, and if you want to make us all your girlfriends, you may."

Varix thinks they're completely insane after hearing this.

"Thank you, but please forget to the thought of making you guys girlfriends; if I ever do that, I'll die instantly."

"Ouch, we were rejected," they all said, as if they were dying. Varix could only shake his head helplessly.

"However, Boss, what are you doing here?"

"Don't tell me you miss us, Boss; that's why you're here," says another teammate.

""KYAAAAA"" they begin to shout loudly once more.

Varix gazed at the four receptionists who were all shocked and opening their mouths. Observing the team, this group is well-known inside the company, which is why, despite their craziness, they nevertheless command respect from other employees. They were perplexed as to why they were calling Boss, the man who had only inquired about their Madam's office.

"Excuse me, Miss? How was it?" Varix asked the blonde receptionist with whom he had been conversing before.

"Ah yes, Madam is at a meeting right now."

"Oh okay," Varix said, thinking he had arrived at the wrong time.

Mr. Johnson remarked faintly, "How disappointing... You came because of our Madam." Other girls quickly depleted their energy when they discovered why their Boss was here.

"Hey, don't be so downhearted; okay, I'll buy you all lunch today!" Varix exclaimed the entire team, bringing them back to life. Who wouldn't be overjoyed if their boss gave them a free lunch?

"Anyway, don't call me Boss any longer, simply Varix just or whatever you guys like" He doesn't like being called that, and it makes him feel uneasy because they are older than him.

"Can I call you Love?

"Kyaaa I call you Hubby!"

"Husband"

"Baby"

"Honey"

"Sweetie"

 Varix begins to regret allowing them to refer to him in this manner.

While the rest of the team pondered what else to call him, he turned around to face the receptionist and quickly apologized for the team's disturbance.

Varix's energy was depleted after a one-hour lunch break with Insane Team. He is so exhausted from dealing with those girls that he even wonders how lively they are.

He walked straight to Eliteia's office, which he had learned about from Mr. Johnson.

He knocked first before entering the office; when he opened the door, the mood became dismal, and he saw Eliteia sitting on her chair.

"Hey Mom," he says, but as he gets closer to her, he notices Eliteia's charming grin, but her eyes aren't smiling at all.

If he does anything wrong again, he thinks.

" Ummm...Is it possible that I've done something wrong yet again? "

"No, I know you enjoyed spending lunch with Johnson's Team," Eliteia said, giving Varix the creeps with the way she's staring him down.

 

 

22