Chapter 32: Rukidi the Conqueror vs. Jakuta the God of Thunder Part 2
39 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Kasi’s battle concluded, a fierce battle was happening between Jakuta and King Rukidi, Kato’s older brother. In the sky, Jakuta moved as fast as lightning dodging, parrying, and attacking. Speed was the advantage of a lightning element warrior and exceptionally talented ones could even be as fast as lightning.

Jakuta also had the unique ability to chain his lightning attacks one after the other which made the bolts of lightning in the sky look like steel chains. This was what had granted him the moniker of [Thunderclap Chain].

When Rukidi realized that he was outmatched in terms of speed, he did not hesitate to release his ‘Territorial Domain: Journeyman Altar’. This was the second domain unleashed tonight after the Merchant’s.

If Rukidi managed to enclose Jakuta within his domain, the latter would lose his advantages and would be forced to play by Rukidi’s rules. Domains were a special ability that was realized once a warrior stepped into the Void Core realm. A Void Core Crystal Warrior was a person that had achieved the Void Body Rank as well as the Fusion Core Realm.

Upon seeing Rukidi’s domain rush to envelop him, Jakuta did not hesitate to activate his own domain, “Absolute Domain: Divine God of Thunder.”

This instantaneous reaction was something that only he could achieve with his incredible reaction speed. Usually, trapping an opponent in your own domain would mean victory. Once you were trapped in someone else’s domain, you would have to play by the rules of their territory. You would also not be able to deploy your own domain within someone else’s domain. Finally, a domain user could manipulate objects and laws within their domain with a thought thus increasing their attack range.

However, as a lightning element warrior, Jakuta was extremely fast when reacting to the enemy. Not only was his physical speed fast, but his thoughts were also far faster than other warriors. Therefore, even though Rukidi deployed his domain first, Jakuta still managed to cast his domain quick enough to match him. The two domains collided and clashed in the sky before fusing.

As soon as the domains were cast, the 2 fighters disappeared from everyone’s vision. This was because domains were independent spaces of their own. They were created using the understanding of spatial laws of a Void Rank warrior combined with the mastery of world laws of a Fusion Core Crystal Warrior.

Within the domain, an apocalyptic scene emerged. Jakuta’s side of the fused domain was filled with endless storms and raging fires. The soil in this domain was dark red and dry, the trees were scorched and the lava flowed right out of the earth. This was a territory that spanned numerous kilometers.

Rukidi’s side of the fused domain was a bit calmer but still very chaotic. There was endless barren land in the domain and but a wide long road that seemed to have no end separated the territory at the center. On the two sides of Rukidi’s territory, howling sand storms and sorrowful winds were blowing creating an atmosphere that affected the heart. The road separating his domain in half moved from the fusion point of the two territories all the way to the domain’s edge. Even at the edge, it seemed to curve upwards going all the way up to the heavens.

Rukidi was standing in the middle of this road surrounded by a procession of illusionary soldiers. Suspended above him was a stone altar that was emitting a melancholic ancient aura.

“Thunder-fire Destruction!”

Within the fused domain, Jakuta was the first to attack by mobilizing a lot of his storm power towards his opponent. It was an apocalyptic scene as the storm made up of arcing lightning and blazing flames rolled towards Rukidi. Before the attack even reached him, Rukidi’s illusionary army was decimated.

“Looks like I have no choice but to use it.” Rukidi spoke to himself as the thunder nearing him drowned out his voice. He quickly activated his ‘Holy Skill: Divine Vow’. This was a skill that consisted of 9 divine vows in total.

Similar to Holy Weapons that could even make an ordinary mortal into a god, Holy Skills represented abilities that were not reliant on martial strength. Usually one would not train for such skills but would instead awaken them after a ceremony involving a Holy Gem. These gems were extremely rare and in the Sword Scar continent, only the 3 Great Nations would have them.

“Divine Vow: the Law of Equals – Rebound.”

Rukidi instantly activated the first divine vow reflecting Jakuta’s attack back at him. The storm power was so powerful that once the lightning and fire hit Jakuta, it also destroyed a large part of the entire domain blasting Jakuta out of it. A huge hole formed in the skies as thunder and fire illuminated the night.

“Mama, I’m scared!”

“Ng’eeeeeeee, ng’eeeeeeee!”

“God save us! Deliver us from this evil!”

At this point, the entirety of Sese was already awake from the previous intense battles. The noises of scared crying children and even rattled adults could be heard.

Jakuta was blasted out of the domain towards the streets of Sese but physically, he was mostly unaffected. As he fell from the sky, he released his technique [Thunder Chain] which successfully ensnared Rukidi who was still standing in the intact part of the domain.

“Get down here!”

Using his momentum as he fell, Jakuta pulled Rukidi from the skies before slamming him into the streets of Sese town. At this point the domain completely collapsed once both fighters exited it. Large chunks of earth, fire, and lava fell from the sky like pieces of shattered glass.

“Wooooiii!”

“Wololoyaye! Are we going to die? Did the gods and devils descend here tonight?”

Parents in the town could be seen holding their children in fear while lovers hugged in their houses as if it was the end of the world. However, once the pieces of the domain touched the town, they passed through into the ground as if they were phasing through physical matter. This was because the domains of powerful warriors would appear in a completely different space-time from the real world. However, this event was one that would leave many residents of Sese traumatized.

After slamming Rukidi to the ground with the chain of lightning, Jakuta proceeded to drag him along the streets of the town like a train car.

“Rukidi, let’s take this outside!”

No matter how much Rukidi tried to dig his arm into the ground, he could not stop the momentum as the street tiles and earth were dug up in his arms. Finally, he was slammed into and through the walls of Sese town which were reinforced with magic protection circles. It was only then that he could re-balance his body but by the time he found his bearings, the 2 fighters were already a considerable distance from the town.

“I have never been disrespected like this before! Divine Vow: the Law of Calling – Attract.”

To counterattack against Jakuta’s chains, Rukidi did not hesitate to use his second vow. Jakuta who was still flying at fast speeds while dragging Rukidi through the ground, felt an irresistible force pull him back.

“Prepare yourself.”

Hearing Rukidi’s calm voice, he knew he was in danger. He quickly spun around to face his opponent before putting up both arms to guard his face and chest. The next instant, Rukidi’s entire arm collided with his guard like a lariat. Jakuta was launched a far distance like a missile through the rain. A large horizontal hole formed through the falling rain due to the speed at which Jakuta was knocked away. His body only came to a stop when he smashed into a huge rock that stretched high into the skies before sliding down and falling into a valley.

Even though he had blocked the attack, his arms were sore and moving them slightly, he could almost hear his bones creaking. “The humiliation of being dragged around like a sandbag finally got to him. Rukidi is going all out now.”

After landing on the ground, he turned around to check his surroundings only to notice something extremely shocking. The huge rock he had slammed into even though he was so high in the sky was just one part of a doorway!

“The old temple!”

“Indeed. This place is the old temple. Before even the age of our ancestors on Sese, this temple already existed. It is unlike the tribal and clan shrines on the island.” It was Rukidi who had just landed in front of Jakuta that spoke these words.

This old temple was now in a dilapidated state but its magnificence could not be denied. The entrance alone was made of two huge rocks that were hundreds of meters high. These rocks or boulders were like small mountains and had a rough oval shape. The boulders intersected at the top forming a triangular arc with a huge pillar in the middle that seemed as if it was holding up the entire structure. This pillar separated the triangular doorway into 2 parts. Although the bottom of the doorway was within a valley, the doorway was so high that the top almost touched the clouds. In front of this structure, the 2 men were smaller than ants.

“Playtime is over. Since you came here, you must have been prepared.”

At the ancient temple’s entrance, a decisive battle was fought; one that only lasted 2 minutes and 58 seconds.

1