Chapter 68: True Dragon Name
25 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When he entered the treasure house, it was not just the boy’s rank that caught everyone’s attention as even his way of dress was extremely unique. He had a large thick ring of beads around his face set up horizontally. This made his face look as if it was within a circular canvas or portrait. Additionally, his face was painted with white coloring on one side and Arctic green face paint on the other side. As for clothing, unlike Kishirani before him, he was only dressed in a simple shuka with sky blue, dark-blue, and white patterns. While his strength and eccentric dressing style stood out, what made him so famous that even someone like Mwana idolized him was his name:

Name: “Sleeping Dragon” xxxxxxx-X

Age: 10

Origin: Rising Dragon Tower

Young Hero Ranking: #12

That’s right! No one could even say his true name!

Even though people could read his name in their minds, they just could not understand the words let alone articulate them. This was because unlike Mwana, this boy had a True Dragon Name written in Dragon Tongue! Only those who understood and spoke dragon tongue could say the name. Even for Mwana who had experienced dreams of the Green Dragon and inherited draconic techniques, he could only read dragon tongue but could not speak it. This was because there was also a bloodline restriction on speaking dragon tongue. Simply, Mwana’s bloodline was not pure enough.

Unlike Mwana’s ordinary human name, this boy had a true dragon name. As the name was in dragon tongue, it would come out as gibberish when someone tried to say it out loud. Therefore, people simply called the boy X or X-Dragon.

Usually, to possess a True Dragon Name like X-Dragon, it came down to various factors including:

  1. Bloodline Purity
  2. Understanding your own Dragon Origin
  3. Name Bestowal by a Higher Dragon
  4. Divine Invocation: Recognition by a Dragon God

Unfortunately, Mwana did not have any of these things. Even in terms of bloodline purity, his Myriad Dragon Bloodline was the most mixed dragon bloodline there was.

Following X-Dragon was another boy who looked a bit older. This boy stuck to X-dragon as if they were the best of friends but it was clear the latter did not care much for it. This boy was dressed in pure metallic purple armor and a pure black cape. On top of that, he had a thick iron Great-sword strapped to his back. Coupled with his medium-length black hair, thick eyebrows, and dark brown skin, the boy looked like someone from the Iron Fortresses at Toro’s northern border.

Name: “Half Devil” Chuma Muumbaji

Age: 13

Origins: Secret Origins

Young Hero Ranking: #17

Chuma had received the title “Half Devil” because of his extremely nightmarish power. Apart from this devilish power, he was also skilled in anything concerning metal which fit with his name Chuma Muumbaji [Translates to Metal Creator]. He was a skilled metal worker and smith who also excelled in [Earth Magic (Metal Style)]. However, while Chuma specialized in creating metallic tools and controlling metals, he was also experienced in elementary Spatial Magic such as the spell [Blink].

The [Blink] spell allowed users to teleport at least a few meters. While it might not be useful in covering distances, it was extremely useful in battle. This made Chuma’s fighting style very reminiscent of Epesi the Teleporting Swordsman. In fact there were rumors that Chuma was an apprentice of Epesi.

Seeing all the people flowing in and all the young geniuses introduced by Mwana, Kia could not help but ask why there were so many ‘young lords’ in town. After all, she did not think a mere Candy Battle would cause such a commotion that people would even fight over entering the treasure house. Apart from that, their clothing showed that they were from all over Toro and not just locals.

“Truly, what event are we missing?”

Although she did not ask this question expecting an answer, someone answered from the side, “The inflow of people into Milele is for the upcoming Grand Wizarding Battle.”

Looking to his right, Mwana was shocked to see that some extremely handsome young fella had inserted himself between him and Kia at some point. This new arrival was Almasi Kishirani and he did not waste time before introducing himself to Kia.

‘Another wolf!’

Mwana’s instincts were already on alert and he did not dare hesitate to take action. Before Kishirani could say another word, Mwana had already outmaneuvered him and once again stood next to Kia in a very natural manner.

At the same time, Mwana made sure to throw out some words in a mocking tone, “Huh, ‘grand wizard battle’? Is that what we call a fight for sweets nowadays?”

Hearing the mocking tone, Kishirani almost forgot that he had came over to flirt with Kia. Entering the treasure house, this girl’s beauty had been the first thing he noticed. Although he gave his servants a lecture on the importance of this mission, in the end he sent his servants up to the 3rd floor in his stead while he remained to flirt! Simple hypocrisy.

“A fight for candy?!”

Kishirani could not believe what he was hearing. After all, he had put so much stock into this magic competition that he could not imagine others not doing the same.

“This is a competition of a lifetime we are talking about; a grand battle between young magicians from all over the country.”

Kishirani was very insistent on it being a wizarding battle to make it sound serious and less juvenile. However, for Mwana all he could think was why this fellow had come out of nowhere to try and ruin his date.

“Stop sugarcoating it. Go train then since it is such a serious event instead bothering complete strangers. Why are you out here lying?”

Hearing this, Kishirani sucked his teeth in disdain at Mwana’s ignorance, “Mscheeew, You don’t even know anything. It is actually very serious this time. It is not just a game between children.”

“Suuuure!” Mwana replied in a non-believing tone which made Kishirani more agitated.

Sure everyone with eyes could see that this event was special this time but Mwana just did not like this guy’s vibes. ‘Why did he not ascend to the 3rd floor to fight for whatever treasure they are fighting for like the others.’ It was obvious to Mwana that Kishirani just like all the other ‘rich kids’ was here for whatever treasure the Jia shop had brought in. However, instead of Kishirani going to the 3rd floor, he had his servants go up and remained down here to flirt.

Just from his clothing Mwana could tell that this fellow was from an influential clan or family. Kishirani’s dialect was also obvious and Mwana could tell that he was from the central lands, possibly even Ssuna, the capital city of Toro. ‘He might even be from one of the 5 Great clans in the Capital or a disciple of one of the 8 Great Martial Schools but who cares.’ Despite his suspicions, Mwana would not let status ruin his date.

He did not wish to remain longer as he and Kia had already bought whatever they needed. The shop was also getting messy and crowded as more people flooded in. The two of them could no longer window-shop in peace. This time, Mwana turned the tables and took Kia’s hands in a confident manner and pulled her along to leave the shop. He was no longer like his earlier self who blushed and froze when Kia had held his hand. However, as they left hand in hand, Kishirani reacted in jealousy and tried to stop Mwana from leaving by grabbing his sleeve. ‘This fellow is simply looking for trouble!’

“Get off.”

“Why? I’m not trying to stop you anyway. You can leave if you want,” Kishirani said while shiftily looking sideways at Kia. Mwana obviously understood what he was implying. It was similar to saying that Mwana could leave but Kia did not have to.

“You hyena! Don’t make me cause a scene and humiliate you here. Mind your status rich boy.”

Kishirani was caught off guard by the insults he was getting. Truly, his entire life the people who had spoken to him in such a rude manner could be counted on one hand. “How can you be so rude to me? Do you know who my father is?”

“Why? Did your mother not tell you?”

Before Kishirani could react in anger to Mwana’s comment, a loud laugh broke out in the hall. It caused almost everyone to turn their heads. The person who was laughing was a guy dressed in red flowery clothes and wooden sandals. However, what stood out was his head; this guy had the head of a wild rabbit covered in grey and white fur. He was clearly not human.

“Rabbit Master!”

2