Chapter 3: Death
100 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 3: Death

 

At that moment, I was disappointed because her death was quick and fast, but I had no choice. I sat beside Clair, trying to regain the force to stand up once again, while the sun started to show up. All of a sudden, I got up to sit on the chair, ready to attack. 'I can hear somebody's footsteps, high wheels, a woman is coming in. None should see this. Whoever comes here will die.'

I had more time to think of a weapon this time. I took a piece of the broken glass near me and was ready to throw it on whoever enters.

"Boss are you here?" It was Selia 'I think the best thing to do here is to send her away. If I don't reply she might just go inside. Or maybe bait her inside and kill her as well?' Judging by the shape I was in; I chose to talk and send her away.

"Yes, it's me. What are you doing here? And why did not come to the night? Our deal? " I said while trying to make my voice look normal.

"What? I did do as promised, and I just left Brody. And I'm here because of the fire. I wasn't going to get inside the building, but I heard some ... " 'I can't hear her properly anymore, I'm I having a hearing loss?' I crawled to the door and put my back on it to listen to her and said "Selia, are you still there? I can't hear you anymore." She noticed my silhouette through the door, set on the other side, and said "Boss are you ok?"

I responded: "Are you ok? Did he?"

"Yes, he did, and I am fine" Her throat felt swollen, and she stuttered as she tried to speak the words in her head. She sobbed at last "I am not fine."

"You don't have to do this anymore. We will be talking about this next time we meet. Now you can leave. "

She stood up. I can hear her loud footsteps as she was leaving. 'Usually, she doesn't wear high heels. She was well dressed for the night. I can't hear her footsteps anymore' "I'm sorry Selia."

Suddenly and out of nowhere, the window's glass broke. At first, it looks like a rock was thrown into the window, but that glass is solid no rock can do that much damage. I searched for the rock, it was stuck on the wall. I looked closely.' It's not a rock. It's a fucking bomb.' And then the door opened. I looked at it and screamed, "What the fuck are you still doing here?" I tried hopelessly to get the bomb out of the wall, but no use. I ran, took Selia's hand, and dashed towards the window. I jumped first with my back facing the glass to break it. The hole made by the bomb helped to break what's left of it, and then I used the rest of my strength to drag Selia down with me. 'Everything is in slow motion now. I am flying in the air with Selia in my hand. Are we going to live this fall?'

Then The bomb exploded. 'The explosion is fast, and it's swallowing everything on its way. At this rate, we will not make it. Is this the end?' At last, I yelled out "I, REFUSE TO DIEEEEE." I let off Selia's hand and repositioned myself in the air, to punch helplessly the explosion's first wave, but it was pointless, and I died.

I never believed in the existence of Gods. Maybe there is a powerful being that made this world. But he never tried or wanted to contact us or to prove his existence. If such a God really exists, there is no meaning of having an afterlife, as long as he never contacted us. Either way, Death for me, was the end of my existence. Opening my eyes again was implausible.

I opened my eyes again. I felt like a newborn child. My vision was abnormally clear and bright, and my ears started functioning. By sound, I realized that I was not alone. I hear the sounds of dozens of people. Some of them were crying, some of them screaming, and most of them fighting. 'Is this hell?'

Afterward, I started to distinguish my surroundings. I was on some sort of a white cocoon, that I could see through it. There are people, dozens of them, on a platform with the same color. No grass, no blue sky. The ground was flat and everything was snow-white. There is also a lot of cocoons. Most of them were torn and empty from the inside. The rest, I assumed was just like mine. 'So I can simply get out of it whenever I want? '

On my left, there was a group of people trying to break through one of those white cocoons, but they couldn't. From the inside, it's soft like cotton, but from the outside, it's solid like a protective shell. Their intentions were clear, that shell had a female inside. I ignored them and started analyzing. First of all, I decided to stay inside the shell for the moment. Then, I noticed that most people had dangerous weapons, that are usually illegal to have. I had soo much focus on the outside of the shell and forgot about the inside. I looked at my body, my 26 years old body, everything was covered with white strings coming from the cocoon and I couldn't see underneath my chest. I tried to move, and it seems like I am completely naked. And when I tried to move my left hand, I had a weird feeling; I felt nothing. 'Being handicapped in the afterlife, this is a good one.’

‘I think this is a waiting room, and killing here is allowed. Accordingly, the stronger you are, the better you live; at least from what I've seen for now.' I kept watching for several hours and made the following conclusions. First, we do not feel hungry. Next, people can die here. Then, I noticed that something weird happens to you when you leave your shell. Last, there was no sun, which means no day and night system. And it appears that one man is highly respected here. He seems to be the strongest. And they call him Pedoro.

People here were bored and fed up. And they started to do random activities. The most interesting one was what Pedoro decided to do. He wanted to make all women of this group wives for him and to spend every 12 hours with a different one. Men are usually more vulnerable when surrounded by women, so I decided to act and get out of my shell the moment Pedoro is occupied the most with them. Now all I have to do is to wait for the right opportunity.

Out of the blue, A girl with skyed blue hair got out of her cell naked. The girl caught Pedoro's attention, and He started walking towards her. She seems like she just woke up. 'What an idiot, the first thing she did when she woke up, was to break her only defensive mechanism.' Something was off about that girl. He put his arm around her neck and touched her breast from the other side. She screamed, pushed him away, and stepped back. Now that I have a better view of her face, I recognized her. It was Selia.

I started getting flashbacks of my life's memories; When I told her: 'you don't have to do this anymore', and when I tried desperately to save both of us from what happened. 'Was all of that meaningless?'. Her voice brought me back from my dreams, to see Brody violating her in front of my eyes. It was only seconds before this illusion ended. I thought to myself that with the current situation, I have one more reason to act now. I broke the shell and sprinted towards the two of them. With everybody's attention focused on Pedoro, and with me coming from behind, I took somebody's sword. With only one hand left and the sword still having his scabbard on, the attack patterns that I am used to are useless. I had to come with something new and fast before he notices me. Whit a high speed I kept running towards him, then I jumped. I spun clockwise mid hair with the sword on my right arm. The spin was fast enough to make the blade get out of its scabbard. With the force of all of my body and the sharpness of that blade, I separated his head from his lower body. I landed perfectly without losing my balance and screamed so everyone could hear me: "Here, I am the KING. I am King Ray".

4