Chapter 7: My power part II
60 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Do you think the MC's power is overpowered ? (There is a part 3 that explains it very well)
Results are only viewable after voting. You must be logged in to vote.

Chapter 7: My power part II

 

Ray

 

I always avoided using my own ability, it was not only to hide it but also because I was afraid of my curse. With me only using a portion of it, I started hearing myself saying and doing weird stuff. This time it was time for me to use it properly. I wanted that woman to live, I wanted Maki to live simply because she deserves it. Depending on what is her real power, she might be even stronger than Akira. Talking about Akira he also did a pretty good job there.

I went down and I caught Maki before she falls. I put her gently to the ground and said to the crowd "Any healers?" after a moment of silence I added "Bunch of useless cowards." 

A person from the crowd said "Why should we even fight for your side? We will have A better chance of living with this organization."

Then the young man started hysterically laughing and said "Hahaha haha, some of our greatest fighters are joining us soon you will have no chance of living if they do so. I'll make you a deal, whoever kills this man before they join is welcomed to the organization and will not have to be a slave."

I thought to myself 'What an obvious lie!' then I replied with a frightening smile "Very well said. Democracy! let's do it."

As I was speaking, the big man with a size not bigger than 4 men attacked me with his hand. I stopped it with mine while I was still talking. "Everyone on this group, this is your last and only chance to leave if you want to." And I pushed the big adult away.

We ended up being 6 at the end. It was SeliaAkiraMaki, BenjiroTaki, and me. Some of them just left the battlefield, but most of them joined the enemy forces, and I said "You all made your choices, so don't blame me for this." And I dashed forwards to grab one of them from his neck, interrupting his breathing. I cut his legs with my sword, and as I was going to get attacked, I backed off again to my group of 6 people. I threw him in front of Maki, and said: "Kill him, get your hands and your life back." The man already blacked out, she threw herself on top of him and bit him on his neck to death. Her arms grew up again, and her life was out of danger. But her face and her mouth were covered with blood like a vampire. Our eyes met, I immediately turned away. Then my face turned back serious again, and I said: "You heard what I just said, Maki? This is your chance if you want to join them."

"I didn't hear a lot, but what I am sure about is that they are all dead."

Most of those people are just like normal people from my previous life. Among them, I can see fathers, mothers, teachers, nurses... All of them were not used to fighting and killing. This explains the reason behind the organization only sending only those two people. Their combination is indeed powerful and enough to take down groups like this. But unfortunately for them this time, Akira and Maki had an experience of fighting more than usual. Only With their simple abilities, they made things harder for them. And what made the job harder for them was me. I was a natural counter to their strongest ability HumanX.

Now that I know what they are capable of, I can proceed with my plan.

I said "Selia, take Maki away and wait for us. Benjiro and Taki, I know you are not used to this, so watch closely." A wind attack interrupted us as I jumped forward, and the other four jumped back. The fight is about to begin. With my ghost ability, I hovered and then speeded up towards them to appear in the middle of them. With my own sword in my right hand and another one I picked on the way, I started spinning like a whirlwind and cutting everything on the way. Most of their abilities were weak, and they had no idea how to use them, especially against me, who could easily dodge any attack by going through it. After killing a lot of them, I ended my combo in the hair and stopped. I looked down to see the hesitation on what's left of them and frustration on the two attackers. I said "I had good plans for all of you guys, but you ruined it. You could've been the founders of the strongest nation in this world. I apologize, but your faith now is death." 'It's too early for me to release my power, I need to hold on for more.' I continued "You will have a better chance of winning if you attacked me all at the same time consistently from far away. And try to blur my vision, that will help too. " Suddenly I screamed "Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa..." Then, I took a deep breath, punched myself, and said "Shut up, it's not time for this yet." They took advantage of me being distracted, and they attacked me. I activated my ghost invincibility, nothing touched me. I was holding my curse all this time, it kept stacking up to the point where I can't hold it anymore. Every time I used my ability, I feel like I'm losing my body. I said: "I can't use my invincibility anymore, now it's your chance.Fuji, one of the traitors attacked with his earth ability. I kept trying to dodge, but with the help of everybody, I felt surrounded. Then the big man with a doubled human's size got behind me and held me with his big arms. And then Fuji with his earth manipulation locked both of us up together. Fuji was about to crash both of us inside, but the young man interrupted him, they waited instead. After a couple of seconds, Ohta said "I don't see Ray in there. He is not inside anymore, and I'm pretty sure he did not leave. Is he dead? " The big man inside, got closer to the wall holding him and said: "Open up, he is dead." And Fuji released his ability.

 

Inside that prison of earth, it was only me and the muscular man. I told him "Your friend won't let them crush both of us inside, right?" I added "Pff, I know you have no mana left. You started with a skyscraper and now you can't even hold an x2 size." And I forced him to let me go and said "See? By the way It's a good thing that we are locked here, I'll show you something new. Benjiro, I know you can hear us with your Wayves ability, I'll be gone for some moment, find somewhere to hide and rest, and don't attract attention."

Whit what's left of my mana I activated my ability and said "Grim Reaper: Takeover" I turned to my ghost form, dashed towards him, and got into his body. That ability gave me full control of his body, and I was happy that it worked exactly as I imagined it, but I knew that once I get out, I'll have no mana to hold my curse anymore.

I fooled them with this ability, and they opened up for me, thinking that I am the muscular man. As I got out, I ordered the young man "Let's head back now!" 

"But we still ..."

"I said let get back right now. Don't you see you can't even stand up? I'm out of mana as well. And for that arrogant man, I killed him."

He made a giant black hole and said: "Everyone, jump in." And we all left.

Benjiro

With my power, Wayves, I heard what Ray said, and I did what he asked. We waited for them to leave, and I explained the situation to the others. Moments later, Akira woke up, and we left the battlefield. 

In my previous life, I was a physics teacher, and I died in a car accident. The power I chose, I knew it was not the strongest and most useful thing I could pick, but my orientation and my acquaintance of my life lowered my options and my imagination.

With my ability, we avoided contact with people. We found an abandoned house nearby, and we decided to stay in it for the moment. Akira was the one giving us the instructions during that time, playing the leader's role, and staying in that house was his idea. We picked up some fruits together from trees nearby, and we sat around the fireplace in the house. 

We sat there for a while without saying anything. Then Selia jumped in to break the silence: "What about we present each other? I'll go first. I'm Selia. I used to be a security engineer. I like cooking and playing video games, and I knew Ray in person. "

Her knowing Ray didn't surprise us as we already knew that. I said after she was done: "My name is Benjiro, I am a physics teacher, or I used to be. As for my hobby, it's not that interesting, I liked playing with chemical reactions, even though it was not my specialization. I'm married, and I have two kids."

Selia was excited to hear from us, and when I finished she looked to the person next to me. He said: "My name is Akira." She kept starring at him, waiting for him to add something, he added: "I came here because I got killed, my father killed me." We were shocked after hearing that, then Maki jumped to save it, and said: "I'm Maki. I was a dancer. I also did some martial arts. And I knew Ray." We didn't expect her to know him too. She added: "But he doesn't know me."

And for Taki, she was the youngest one of us. She said: "I'm Taki. I was about to graduate, but I died. My power is water. And I don't like fat and overly muscular boys." She blushed after saying that, and we started laughing. Even Akira smiled. Selia was pushing us to talk and get to know each other more. We kept talking about trivial topics all night until we slept.

2