2. Baby Steps and Info Dump
182 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Akio.

That was the name his mother whispered to him after he was born.

'I see. So from now, I will be Akio. It seems childish and funny but since it's a name my mother provided to me, I'll accept it with gratitude. Thank you for allowing me to be born, mother.'

Well, he was truly grateful. To both this mother of his, as well as that jerk system (though he wouldn't admit it).

Due to his Six Eyes, the world he sees is very different. It isn't yet powerful to the extent that he needs to cover his eyes to block useless information, but he can still see colorful air-like things around his surroundings.

'This must be either mana or spiritual power. Mana, probably. My experience as an otaku says that spiritual power is probably the vessel used to hold and control mana.'

He looked at his status.

After meditating for a few months, his status has increased very much. They now look like this.

[Health: 100/100

Mana: 120/120

Spiritual Power: 20/20]

Soon, Akio was hit by a wave of drowsiness and slept. For those wondering, his body is actually screaming and crying till he slept. He can't combat a baby's instincts right now, so he accepted his fate.


After being born, Akio quickly learned to control his body with the help of Six Eyes. Language was also not a problem. When he turned 6 months old, he received a gift from the system.

[Ding! Detected that host has reached 6 months of age. Applying Isekai Reincarnation Language pack... Completed!]

Like that, his language problem was solved. He quickly digested the surge of information, learned to control his mouth and tongue movements, and soon learned to talk!

His mother was astonished about his achievements, but it seems that in this supernatural world, due to the existence of bloodline and inheritance skills, it's nothing impressive.

Akio was not disappointed. In fact, he was burning with passion after hearing about bloodline and inheritance skills. He can show his abilities freely and just claim that they are inherited skills without worries.

Another thing to note is that his parents separated a year after he was born. He was raised by his mother since then. After a few years, she remarried. Akio now has two step-sisters. The younger of them, Fumi, is the same age as Akio and the older of the two, Chiyo, is two years older than him.


It has been twelve years since Akio was born, and he will be entering Middle School this year. In another year, he will reach the same age he was in his past life.

He has been training diligently these twelve years. Since his mother started training him and Fumi when they both turned six, he trained even harder. His older step-sister, Chiyo, is in a more advanced level, so they practice separately.

He practiced all his inborn skills, as well as learned the many spells, rituals, and various things his mother taught him.

His mother's Clan, the Akatsuki Clan, is one of the major families of this world, so whatever he wished to learn, even spatial abilities, are all available in their Clan's library.

He recreated the Cursed Technique Amplification: Blue through his Limitless skill, as well it's reverse technique, Cursed Technique Reversal: Red, with the help of the data available in the Clan's library. His mother was greatly astonished at his genius to be able to create such complicated techniques.

Of course, techniques such as teleportation, spatial storage, etc. are not left alone and Akio learned them all! They are easy to figure out with the help of Limitless and the huge knowledge base of the library.

He is sad that he can only enter the library once a month, lest his mind would collapse due to the spiritual pressure emitted by the knowledge stored in the library, which is truly a xianxia-like phenomenon.


Today, Akio, his step-sisters and his mother are at the airport specially designed for supernatural society. Because today is a big day for him and Fumi. They will be getting a 'Fuin Mark' by undergoing the Rite of Passage trial in a trial realm today.

After undergoing the trials and getting a Fuin Mark, he will become a Fuin-mark Master and will be eligible to summon spirits to fight for them.

In fact, the Fuin Mark is a cheat, in that it gives the Fuin-Mark Masters a huge boost in their mana, attack power, defense and recovery. The Akatsuki Clan itself is a Fuin-Mark Master Clan, and is one of the Seven Major Fuin-Mark Master Families which dominates the supernatural world. It demonstrates just how much of a cheat this Fuin Mark truly is.

The Rite of Passage's mysterious realm is attended by practically the whole world, so it's a huge event for all the supernatural families of the world. As such, the pressure on Akio, as one of members of the Seven Major Fuin-Mark Master Families, is huge.

"Are you three ready for your Rite of Passage?" His mother asked them.

"""Yes!"""

"Then, good luck! I hope to see you guys safe and sound! Also, don't cause trouble. Especially Akkun1Akio's nickname.."

"It was them that got into a fight with me first. I'm innocent!"

What happened was that a certain someone from another clan tried to pick a fight with Akio, but was beaten up by. It repeated a few more times, each time a different 'this young master will defeat you today!' mob picking a fight with him and losing, until it got out of hand and the adults intervened. Akio was considered a troublemaker in the clan since then.

"Alright, alright, just don't start trouble. Always be around your older sister. After getting your trial mission, quickly head to the teleportation formation and enter the trial grounds. Understood?"

Fumi is a few months older than him so his mother always considers her to be the Onee-san, which is truly frustrating for him. If only he was born a few months earlier! Then he could be an Onii-san. He can only accept his status as the youngest indignantly.

"...yes. I'll be a good kid."

He heard his older step-sisters giggling at the side and enjoying his misfortune. He threw a fierce look at them moved on to board the airship. His sisters looked at each other before Fuin boarded the ship together with him.

The airship is a privately owned property of the Akatsuki Clan and looks like something only seen in fantasy. It's an actual ship, with huge ass wings and mast. It is engraved with mysterious markings all over the surface, but the design only serves to make it look more cool.

The airship will bring the Akatsuki clan children who will be undergoing the Fuin-mark's Rite of Passage trial realm. This single airship holds more than a thousand children, among which half of them will die in the trial grounds. This is already the better result, as compared to the whole world, where the success rate is only considered to be a tenth of the total trial takers.

Akio quickly found his room and entered, with his step-sister following him. They both share a room, since the Airship has limited space. In fact, it's a luxury to have a room to themselves, and was only possible because Akio's mother has a high position in the clan. Nepotism? Hah! Who cares? Strength makes the rules!

"What type of Fuin Mark do you want?", Fumi asked him.

"Me? Whatever. The basic mana boost function is already enough for me. I'm strong even without the other functions."

"Tch. I shouldn't have asked. Your words reek of arrogance. Take care not to let others hear that, lest they pick a fight with you."

"Hehehe. Let them. If they are unsatisfied, they should've trained harder."

"I'll complain to mother."

"Brat."

"You should call me Onee-san, otouto."

That irked Akio and the both started a fight, which only ended when the airship landed.

This is an info dump chapter. What did you expect? I'll try to make up for this boring chapter in the next chapter.

4