Vol 1 Ch. 2: Goddess of Flames
854 0 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This is the start of my adventures and how a lowly Ogre Demon such as myself rose to the top of the food chain.

 

[Kingdom of Sky Larcs]

A great war between the elves and the humans drew the world into separate countries all over the world. In the sky are the elves with superior abilities known as Larcs. 

Larcs are known to stay out of anything that has nothing to do with them. Even so they keep their eye on the world below them, after all they had a job to keep all creatures alike at a balance.

"Sumian! This is absurd!" A man with elf ears, green hair, and green wings entered into a shimmering palace throne room angrily.

Sumian Eldarc, A high ranking Elf Prince, stood staring into a viewing space.

"Ah, if it isn't Perstis. What do I owe the pleasure?" Prince Sumian asked as he snapped his finger.

The Viewing space disappeared instantly.

You ask as if you don't know? Are you serious? You have some nerve, you ass!" Perstis yells pointing in Prince Sumian's direction.

Prince Sumian pasted a fake smile on his lips before taking a seat in his throne chair.

"Is this about the Duke's younger sister, perhaps?" He asked as he narrowed his gaze at Perstis.

Perstis clenches his fist trying not to explode.

"You know this is about that. Why did you insist in marrying her off to that Yuvo?" He asked.

Prince Sumian doesn't answer, "hmm..." 

Seems that he stumbled onto something bothersome.

"Indeed I did insist it, but the choice was entirely up to her." He says with a shrug.

Perstis glared at him.

"You know, even if you're my dearest friend and the Duke himself. I advise you to watch that expression of yours." Prince Sumian says his tone cold as ice.

Perstis turns away with an angry expression, "hmph." He says with his arms crossed.

Prince Sumian sighs. It seems he has spoiled his dear friend way too much.

"It occurs to me that you should get yourself a wife, Perstis. Perhaps it will erase that strange sister complex you have." Prince Sumian says.

Perstis flinched, "urk...." 

If Somia heard the way he fretted so much over her she'd probably rebel even more. It's clear that girl is doing her best to upset this clingy brother of hers.

"Dammit!" Perstis sweeps back his robe before exiting the throne room.

"I wonder, if it really is alright to leave him like that?" He mutters to himself.

A small smile came across Prince Sumian's lips. Even so, it will really be interesting to watch how this plays out. For now he need to keep an eye on something going on down below. He snaps his fingers as the Viewing space reappeared in front of hi.

One can see a volcano erupting in a canyon. It looks like something dangerous is awaking. When was the last time something happened since the last Great War? Prince Sumian rubs his chin, if his calculations were correct, that King of Dragons have been sleep for about 2,000 years.

Let's not peek anymore, after all that guy can always tell when someone is peeking in on him. Snaps finger and the Viewing space disappears once again. Nothing ever turns out good when that guy is around, too bad that all he can do is watch.

[Irata City]

Three Months Later...

"Ten gold for this fine Saber-Wolf fur!" A merchant calls out as the crowded city of Irata was crowded with visitors and residents alike.

I was thankful for the dingy, dirt-clad cloak that we wore. The less attention we drew the better. I even made sure we both wore a mask to hide our faces. After all, Irata city was a human place where monsters roamed, but I couldn't say the same for demons.

Demons were treated worse than monsters no matter where we go. I learned this after three months of traveling.

"Mistress, I'm hungry." Kika pulled on my sleeve while he stared at some nearby meat being sold by a merchant.

It has been a few days since we had a meal. We should settle down here for a while in order to make a few coins. Kika and I entered an Adventure Guild that was not too far from the town center. The whispers around us made me adjust my hood as we walked through a crowd of adventurers to the desk clerk.

I hope they haven't noticed that we were demons.

The man at the desk glanced at us with a suspicious stare, "may I help you?" He asked.

I clear my throat, "I wish to sign up for that." I say pointing to the quest board where the adventurers gathered.

"Are you already a member of our adventurer guild. If not I have to register you." He says.

"We would like to register."

The clerk explained the regulations of the Adventurer Guild before stamping our cards and handing them over. I honestly already knew the basics of how the adventurer guild operates, but I let him explain since Kika did not.

I pat Kika on the shoulder, "let's go, Kika." I say as the two of us head over to the quest board.

We studied the board and found an F rank quest that will give enough to feed us for a few days.

"What's with these losers? Do they think being Adventurers a game?" A voice says behind us.

I turned my head to find a human man with a smirk on his lips.

He had dark blonde hair, dark blue eyes, and in human terms was pretty handsome.

"We're not losers. Don't bother us." I tell him turning back to the quest board.

"Not losers you say." He grabs my arm.

I turned to glare at him, but he couldn't see pass my mask.

"Hey, Francois. Let the newbie go, 'kay?" A woman's voice said.

"It's the famous "Goddess of Flames!" People were saying.

The man squeezed my arm tightly but then dropped it before facing the woman in question.

"Nimata, what a pleasant surprise. Did you go slay another dragon?" He asked with a fake smile.

"Don't be sarcastic, Francois. How about finding someone else to bully. Leave the newbies alone." Nimata says with narrowed eyes.

He was quiet for a minute, "of course. How could I possibly ignore the famous hero the Goddess of Flames he says before glaring in my direction. He sweeps back his jacket before turning away to leave out the adventurer guild.

"What an ass." Nimata mutters before facing us.

It was my first time meeting a hero, in this life and in my last life.

"Are you alright?" The woman hero, known as Nimata, asked me with a concerned expression.

I nod.

As a demon I should not get too involved with the humans here. For now I should act weak until I'm able to leave this place.

"Thank you for saving my subordinate and I, Hero-sama." I tell her.

She blinked at me before putting her fist to her mouth and chuckling. She tilt her head with one eye closed as she looked at me, "no need to call me that. Here people call me Nimata." She says.

She lowers her fist and stuck her hand out to shake.

I stared down at it and instead turned away, "there's no need, though I'm grateful you saved me, I can only call Hero-sama, Hero-sama."

I could hear the other adventurers whispering around me as I walked back up to the quest board.

"How rude." Someone says.

"Ungrateful, even though Nimata helped her."

I wasn't here to make friends, after all. I grabbed a quest from the board and sat it before the clerk, "we'll take this one." I tell him.

The man picked up the quest and peered at it.

"I see, good choice. A collection quest." He says stamping the paper to approve it.

"Please return the materials here to complete the quest." He added.

Kika and I make our way out the adventure guild.

 

 

25