Chapter 9 Flight Camp
23 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alex slept peacefully that night. Just looking at the meat pile in the corner made him content. This should solve his food problems for a week, and there will be leftovers.

Using the Hot smoke method can only preserve the food for few days. If Alex can't finish it in time, it will go to waste. Unfortunately, he did not have any good solution.

The alarm rang at 7 AM, and Alex just hit the snooze as he once again started sleeping.

Yesterday's windfall made him lazy, and he was going to take a break today. From the day he entered this world, his nerves were tense, which was not a good thing in the long run.

So from today, 'Work hard and rest fully' was going to be his motto.

As he adjusted his position and was about to enter the dreamland, there was a piercing eagle screech from outside. Alex sat up with a jolt. Soon there were many eagle cries.

Damn Birds, does not have manners. Alex cursed.

He reluctantly got off the self-made leather bed and walked to the entrance. Alex wanted to check the anamoly in the sky using his binoculars. Only a part of the sky was visible from his cave, while the rest was blocked by the tall trees.

In the visible part of the sky, Alex saw three Blue eagles flying. But based on the cries, at least ten eagles were patrolling the whole sky.

What made these Blue eagles so active?

Usually, Alex saw a Blue eagle flying in the sky occasionally. Today the whole flock appeared in this crater.

Alex had to inspect and find out the reason. For one, he had to make sure there was no danger.  And second, if there was a danger, he had to make an appropriate plan. To make plans, you need the information.

So even though it was risky, he had to go out. Sometimes staying safe and burying your head in the sand will lead to your doom faster.

Alex made his preparations. He wore his camouflage and backpack, also made sure all of his body was covered by the dead vines.

Alex came to the opening of the cave and caught a thick vine. The vine did not react. Alex sighed in relief. Every time he used these vines, he will be sweating inside.

He slowly climbed the cliff in the cover of the Vicious vines until he was above the treetops.

He wrapped the vines around the waist and the legs securely, first. Then he took out the binoculars and looked at the sky while trying to locate the Blue eagles. These eagles were tricky to spot due to their natural sky blue color. Looking from the ground, if you don't focus, you might miss them.

From his observations, these huge eagles had a wingspan of three meters and sky blue in color. And most of them were flying near the cliffs. Alex carefully looked at the cliff tops and was amazed at the sight.

Alex saw a bunch of Blue eagle chicks standing in a queue. These eagle chicks were still fluffy and around the size of a pigeon.

An adult eagle stood in the front, screeching from time to time. With each adult eagle's cry, the front eagle chick jumped off the cliff.

Alex saw as the chick fell down while flapping its wing, trying to stop the fall. It successfully stopped the fall twice but still fell to the ground. Just before it hit the ground, one of the adult Blue eagles swooped down and caught the chick. Then the Blue chick was bought to the top.

Is this a flight camp? Alex felt speechless.

These Beasts possessed very high IQs. Both the Night wolves and Blue eagles pay good attention to the education of their offsprings. 

Now, Alex was worried about the humans in this world.

There was a total of six batches of chicks in different regions of the cliffs. Each group had around ten chicks and four adult Blue eagles. Alex noted the details in his Redbook.

After gaining a general understanding, Alex did not leave. He saw the chicks fall and get picked up repeatedly. It was kind of novel and entertaining. He would have enjoyed it a lot more if he was not inside the vicious vine.

After some time, Just as he was about to get down, he saw an ugly red chick walking to the front. Its red color was particularly eye-catching in the mix of the other Blue eagle chicks. It was larger than the others.  It was like a seagull in the middle of the pigeons.

All the Blue chicks tried to peck it as he moved to the front but failed due to their small size.

Is this an internal fight? Alex's curiosity was peaked.

As it reached the front, Alex noticed that it was not entirely red but a mix of red and blue.

Is it a mixed breed?  No wonder the other birds picked on it. Alex thought.

Soon the red chick jumped down the cliff, unlike the other birds flapping their birds uncontrollably. This little guy unfolded the wing and glided gracefully in front of the other chicks. Too bad it was an ugly one. The Blue eagle chicks cried, probably cursing it for showing off. 

As he watched the little red bird glide gracefully, suddenly there was a gust of wind, and the red bird was knocked off. It lost control and started flapping its wings like other rookies, and soon it crashed into a tree. Many Blue eagle chicks who were spectating also got blown away by the wind.

Alex watched at the adult eagles saving the Blue eagle chicks while ignoring the ugly Red one.

Even the birds judge based on appearance, Alex thought.

2