Chapter 25 1 vs 7
9 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Under the Alpha's suppression, Alex broke out in a cold sweat. He then saw a three-meter-tall, scar-eyed hyena covered in the chaotic crimson aura slowly walk out of the woods.

With every step, the Alpha aura became more chaotic and sinister. Just looking at the chaotic energy, Alex felt his mind pricked. It took all of his willpower to turn his head away.

'This alpha is way stronger than the Demonic wolves at the crater.' thought Alex.

The hulking scar-eyed hyena was followed by two minions who also released a small amount of chaotic red aura. However, they were not that powerful.

Alex was somewhat scared at his previous bravery. When he traveled through the territory of Crazy hyena, he never guessed there would be such a powerful beast hiding in it. A shout from Tom broke his reverie.

"Damn! The Alpha also has two Fierce beasts as minions."

"Mr. Tom and I will take care of the Alpha. You guys deal with the rest," said Declan in a cold voice as he opened his grimoire.

A black magic array appeared in front of the wizard, and black light shot at the Alpha's forehead. The Alpha's cruel-red eyes dimmed a little and focused on the wizard.

Once the spell was successful, Declan detached from the group and sprinted towards the woods. The Alpha, with its eyes glued to the wizard, chased him.

Tom regained his senses and followed the wizard while shouting. "Gary, you stay here and protect the lady."

Now only Alex, Miss Rose, Simon, and Gary were left. Miss Rose gave orders before the pack initiate another charge.

"Gary and Me will deal with the two Fierce beasts. You both take care of the Common hyenas," said Miss Rose.

"Got it," replied both Alex and Simon.

Miss Rose and Gary circumvented the Common beasts and rushed towards the Fierce beasts from both sides. Miss Rose used her Wood elemental skill first. Thick roots grew from the earth entangling the two Fierce beasts and separated them from the pack.

A fierce battle took place at the edge of the forest.

Now only Alex and Simon remained, facing the ten Common level hyenas. With no more arrows left, Alex quickly unsheathed the machete.

Alex saw the crazy hyenas charging towards Simon and him. Then something unexpected happened.

Simon, who was sitting on the wolf, ran away, leaving behind few words.

"Alex, let's divide the pack. I will draw the majority away, and you deal with the rest."

Three hyenas close to Simon started chasing him, while the rest stared at Alex with their cruel-red eyes. Alex cursed the shameless guy. It's his own fault. Alex assumed everyone to be as valiant as Miss Rose and Declan.

Looking at the seven rushing hyenas, Alex had no other choice but to retreat. Alex quickly thought of two methods to deal with them.

The first is to stall for time. The hyenas can only remain in the berserk state for around ten minutes. If he could stall till then, he might turn the tables on them.

The second method is to Divide and conquer. Even in the berserk state, Alex can kill a single hyena face to face. All he needs to do is divide the pack.

"Varis, where is the nearest place with numerous obstacles?" asked Alex.

[Behind the hill, there are many boulders.]

Alex immediately used his proficiency in mana, a blue aura spread at the soles of the feet, increasing his speed by two times.

With the 'Master of speed' ability, the second ability he received when he contracted Varis, all the trajectories of the seven hyenas appeared in Alex's mind. He swiftly dodged the two attacking from the rear and rushed to the back of the hill. The seven of the Mad-eyed Hyena followed him relentlessly. 

Alex relaxed when he saw nine huge boulders and a few small ones, probably rolled down from the hill. He immediately dived in, with the seven crazy hyenas on his tail.

From the sky, Varis saw the hyenas mindlessly following Alex into the maze of boulders. All the hyenas rushed into a small gap between the boulders and could not fit. They started taking different paths.

Varis directed Alex and helped him ditch the majority of the hyenas. Soon, only one was on his trail.

[Only one left.] said Varis.

Alex quickly turned a corner. When the only hyena followed, a sharp blade greeted it. The blade slashed its eye, rendered it blind. After two more attacks, Alex chopped off its blind head.

The death cry of the hyena quickly attracted others. Varis promptly gave him directions.

Alex dodged the hyenas the other and crouched behind a small boulder. Out of sight. He ate a few blueberries to recover some energy. Yet he heard from Varis again.

[A single one coming from the right.]

Alex can also feel the approaching berserk energy. Alex silently got to his feet and raised his blade high. Just as the hyena's head appeared at the corner, he swung down the blade, giving a serious injury to the hyena. Yet, it did not die.

However the cries of the injured hyena once again attracted the rest of the hyenas. Alex had to run away before he was surrounded.

The crazy hyenas, in their madness, forgot group tactics and attacked individually. So, with Varis's help, Alex started playing hide and seek with them.

[Go left... Go right... Stop.]

Alex and Varis used gorilla tactics to either kill or injure the hyenas. After 10 minutes, the surviving three hyenas started to lose their momentum.

His time had come. After eating some blueberries, Alex recovered his energy, while the three hyenas started to feel the backlash of the berserk state.

With Varis' guidance, Alex quietly approached the hyenas. Alex saw them wheezing and slumped on the ground.

'Boy, the side effects are severe.' thought Alex while he easily chopped off their heads. He did not give them any time to resist or retreat.

After the last hyena fell, Alex slouched on the ground, panting.

1