Chapter 16
2.2k 6 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The 5 knights who were unconscious have already awoken. They sighed out of relief and they went to see little Lady Vermilion. However when they saw there comrades. They couldn't hold back their tears.

Rena looked at them and held my hand tightly. Well I understand their feelings of when you loose someone who is close to you.

My father died because he protected my mother and I from the demon-kin.. he told me to run away and get out alive! But we couldn't get out of the town because we were surrounded. Me and mother ran towards the Lord's mansion, and hid. .....? Wait.... father?... Mother? .... Demon-kin...? What the hell is that? ... Guhh my head hurts! The memories are flowing through my head like water.. familiar and unfamiliar monsters appeared.. town? BEHEMOTH? Are these memories from this body? But that scene is kinda familiar to me.. ah! The scene from COD. Those backgrounds are when you are choosing the beginner class thief. And those parts were when when I was stealing the last hit on the wild boss BEHEMOTH! I immediately sighed out relief.. Rena means she read my avatar's memories, not mine. Thank the goddess or whatever god. My secret can't be revealed not even to my sister! Oh.. my sister she must be in my apartment! Ahhhh my computer wasn't locked! .... god please make the computer burn and explode, before my sister comes!

○○○○✩○○○○

The dead bodies of all the black clothed men were burned. The bodies of the knights who died were buried.

We rested for 2 hours and then moved out.

Rena was with little Lady Vermilion in the carriage. She invited me too, but my body was smelling like blood. So I made the excuse of becoming a scout.

3 hours later. I discovered a small lake. Nice timing! Its already been 2 days and I haven't taken any baths..

I approached Nelson. He's the highest level from the knights, his level is 54. He coaches the carriage, because the coachman is dead.

"Nelson-san can we stop there?"

"What's the matter Shadow-sama?"

"There's a small lake. The water is clean. So we might be able to drink it."

"Oh wait here, I will be asking Vermilion-sama" I nodded.

◎◎◎◎◎

Lady Vermilion agreed. So we stopped near the small lake.

The waters in the lake are very clean. I can see the reflection of myself.

My posture is the same as the doppelganger in that dream.

I heard the carriage open, 2 women and 1 girl get off from the carriage.

"Wow the lake is very clean!" she rushed towards the small lake, throwing off her shoes and putting her foot into the water. She seems like a very noisy girl..

"It's cold.."

"Ojou-sama!"

"Seora come on! It's very cold!"

Rena approached me and hugged my left arm.

"It's already dark."

"Yeah."

"Rena. I need to wash my equipment first." she nodded then let go of my arm and sat nearby.

The smell of the blood is very strong in my equipment.. I can't hold on anymore. I want to bathe here but, I'm too embarrassed.. I can't be naked in front others, even within the same gender..

I took off my cloak first. The cloak became even darker because of the black blood from the Dark Union guys.

Then I took off my light armor. This armor is very dazzling for an assassin.. This armor was made from Heavenly Black Dragon Scales. The Heavenly Black Dragon is a story monster. That means, the monsters can't respawn again.

The story about the Heavenly Black Dragon is that she's a Guardian. Her strength is of a Demi-god's. She's the pet of the God of Darkness from the 5 Gods in the game COD.

Because the human-kin lost to the demon-kin. The demon-kin came to rule the world. The world began to collapse little by little. Then the god of darkness gave her(Dragon) the mission of balancing the world. So she began killing monsters who then became nourishment to the world. The humans saw her actions. They worshiped her and they believed she was the descendant of the Gods. First she just ignored them. She thought, she's strong like this because of the power from the god of darkness. However little by little and with time flowing.. her heart became corrupted. She believed that, she's a God herself. She even makes humans and the demon-kin kneel to her. Of course the gods became furious. The god of darkness immediately descended to the world himself. But he can't use his full power while descended on the world. His power is of only a demigod. But he does not care.

Then the master and pet began their battle.

....

....

....

20% of the world collapsed because of their battle. The black Dragon didn't die but she was heavily injured and she hid somewhere. The god of darkness retreated because his power weakened. If he stayed a little longer in the world, he will become a part of the world.

✩★★✩

The cloak wasn't wet. The armor didn't smell of blood like before..

"It's done?"

"Yeah let's go"

"Mmm"

Because the sky became dark, we decided to camp nearby the small lake.

The knights built their tent. Rena and the maid were searching for firewood. The little girl is already sleeping in the carriage.

My job is hunting. This job is very easy for me. I have a cheat. There are 3 red dots on the map approaching our camp.

Ooh they're a Wolfgang their level is only 10-15. Their appearances are that of ordinary wolfs. So killing them only took dozens of seconds..

I took the whole bodies of the wolfs and headed back to the camp.

Their expressions became astonished. Because I only went out for 5 minutes and I was already back with three wolfs.

I gave the dismantling job to the knights.

Rena and Seona gathered the firewood. The maid burned the wood with her magic. I sat near the campfire, Rena also sat beside me and leaned on my shoulder.

The knights seemed already experienced with camping outside. So I only was watching them grilling the wolf meat.

The maid came and approached Rena and I with a serious expression.

"Rena-sama, Shadow-sama."

"Hmm?"

"Can I ask a favor?"

"Talk."

"We wanted to head back to the capital but," she paused and looked at the carriage.

"We can't. Because there will be more danger than before. We have already identified the black clothed men. They are from the Dark Union. Their goals are to kidnap or even kill our young lady, so.."

I cut into her words "So you want to hire us to escort Lady Vermilion?"

"Yes. If we are like this, we can't protect our young lady. Please! " she began kneeling

I glanced at Rena. Rena only nodded and didn't say anything.

"Sure."

"Thank you very much!"

※※※※※※

EDITED BY: Hedgeboar

32